List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Watts though is there's a pretty good chance he's never going to amount to anything because he's one of those blokes that just doesn't want it enough. For Fisher to blow him up halfway through a quarter last year speaks volumes to the type of player he is.

I guess we have the leaders and a coach that wouldn't tolerate that so if he were to come here he can play on someone, none of this roaming around the backline doing what he pleases stuff. Don't think he could be a forward, he's allergic to body contact.

I'd be ok getting Watts, at the right price. Just have him tail Roo through the entire pre season and learn about hunger and work rate.

Wouldn't offer more than an early 2nd for him though.

To get someone like him, for the inside, and then be able to use our first pick on an "outside mid" with some real class and elite disposal (eg. Josh Kelly) would be a great result, if we didn't manage to get our hands on pick one.
What would you be trading for Adams if you weren't willing to trade a first round pick? He's only 19 and has output close to Dal Santo this year.

Adams and Prestia and you're looking at a very happy saints fan
I don't think we'd need both of them when we already have Steven, Armo, Ross and Geary (not to mention hopefully having Joey for the next few years (although he could do a Burkey and end up in the back pocket, freeing up Wright to play midfield), with Wright also hopefully capable of playing inside midfield.

One of them or someone like them would be very nice indeed and pretty imperative though.

What would you be trading for Adams if you weren't willing to trade a first round pick? He's only 19 and has output close to Dal Santo this year.
What he and most of their list doesn't have that Dal does though is years and years of experience, including multiple finals (including 5 prelims and 3 GF's). You'd be paying for that almost as much as anything else.

GWS will be needing someone that has that sort of experience for when they are starting to push up into the finals and if they don't get Buddy then there would have to be a strong chance that they would go for someone like Dal, to give them some of that, I would think.

The only older ones they have on their list with much of that are the likes of Cornes and Brogan, but they will either not be around past this season or next, or, if they are, will not be good enough to get a game for them, whereas someone like Dal ought to both be around by the time they start to push into the finals and would also likely still be good enough to be getting games for them.

It's all well and good to have a team full of "gun kids", but none of them have finals experience and I doubt they'll want to be going forward without adding someone that has that. They'll also be wanting them to be good enough to be getting games, which narrows the field down a fair bit to the likes of Dal Santo.

If we had to throw someone or something else in with Dal to get a deal like that done, I dare say we could. We have a plethora of HBF/BP options (Fisher, Dempster, Gwilt, Gilbert, Stanley, Roberton, Simpkin, Webster, Siposs) with one or more likely to appeal to GWS very much, as they were apparently keen to get some experience into their backline during the trade period last year and may be again this year, after having much success with that last year.

I reckon if GWS and GC for that matter want to bring in mature players for their young players like Adams then they'll be after bringing in younger players than Dal Santo. I'd be thinking players around Armo's age would be their preference. IF Dal Santo is traded I expect him to go to a team such as Ess, Carl, Pies, Cats or Haw - Vic clubs closer to a flag. And if that was the case then we may get a pick that plays a part in getting Adams.

The thing about Watts though is there's a pretty good chance he's never going to amount to anything because he's one of those blokes that just doesn't want it enough. For Fisher to blow him up halfway through a quarter last year speaks volumes to the type of player he is.

I guess we have the leaders and a coach that wouldn't tolerate that so if he were to come here he can play on someone, none of this roaming around the backline doing what he pleases stuff. Don't think he could be a forward, he's allergic to body contact.

A few sessions with the pack crashing coach could help that. Tell him if he goes in hard enough we wont let Kosi hi five him after the game.

In reference to the above...

This bloke was signed by South Fremantle (on his understanding) as a FF/CHF, and through injuries, has been forced to play in the ruck - where he has now made the WA state side.

Second in South Fremantle's B&F in his first year.

Has also formerly played at CHB... Could he be our 'monster stopper?'

http://www.aflq.com.au/index.php?id=479
any video Unc?
certainly fits the bill size-wise

I reckon if GWS and GC for that matter want to bring in mature players for their young players like Adams then they'll be after bringing in younger players than Dal Santo. I'd be thinking players around Armo's age would be their preference. IF Dal Santo is traded I expect him to go to a team such as Ess, Carl, Pies, Cats or Haw - Vic clubs closer to a flag. And if that was the case then we may get a pick that plays a part in getting Adams.
Fair point. It's one thing wanting someone Armo's age and getting someone Armo's age, though, because they would have to be good to be worth GWS' while to go after them and not too many clubs are going to be happy to just offload someone who is in their prime for someone like Adams, who is probably just as good, but 4 years younger. Not a lot of point in a club doing that, unless someone really wanted out of their club and wanted to go to GWS specifically.

That is another point. It has apparently not been easy for GWS to convince anyone to go there, but that may also be the case with someone like Dal.

Nothing would particularly surprise me.

I'm pretty sure GWS have activated a mid round (pick 10) compensation pick. Potentially we swap pick 5 or 6 (whatever we get) for pick 10 and Adams and than swap pick 10 for Prestia to GCS. Now I know trading picks as high as 5 or 6 is not ideal but if you look at the big picture we would've picked up two very promising high draft picks under the age 21 for one high pick. That could be our midfield set for 10 years with Ross, Newnes, Steven and Armo. Personally I think the top 2 in this years draft are 'untouchable' (Aish and Body) so our selection around pick 5 should not be completely off limits. More food for thought.

Also keep an eye on Fraser Fort (Geelong Falcons, 18, 196cm 84kgs) and Harley Walshe (Western Jets, 19, 196cm and 90kgs).

Walshe was eligible to be drafted last year, but as a bottom ager and at only 83kgs. Likened himself to Dustin Fletcher due to build and closing speed. Has put on a fair bit of bulk since then...

I'm on a roll...

This from a couple of years ago caught my eye... Now playing with Geelong's VFL side, was in the initial state squad before it got trimmed...

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/a...country-victoria/story-e6frepf6-1226123541817
10. Matt Sully
(South Warrnambool)

BEING a teenager hasn't prevented young-gun Sully from making a major impact this year.

The strong centre half-back is a key contributor at Hampden league premiership favourite South Warrnambool, and stood up to the test against older, more experienced players in Hampden's interleague clash with the Murray league.

Sully was also handpicked by the VAFA as the VCFL's best on ground in their under-19 encounter at Shepparton.
L
VCFL under-19 coach Damian Sexton said Sully had the goods to make it at AFL level.

"He's strong, trim and taut and he can really motor,'' Sexton said. "He likes to attack from half-back, which the AFL clubs like to see, and he's got good leadership qualities.''

Now apparently 196cm and 95kgs - Cats fans likening him to Matthew Egan...get on it Saints!

Technically, and not slavery, if he is contracted to play football for Melbourne, the Demons can't force him to play if he wants to leave. However the contract can prevent him from playing for another club.
If you think that amounts to slavery maybe you should get stuck into the recording industry.

Mind you I dont know that its ever been done, a player would have to be exceptionally ticked off to do it, but what normally happens is what happened to Brown at West Coast last year. Wanted to leave, they didn't want him to, so he's still there on their list.

SS was joking with the slavery comment. You are right, the player is contracted to the club and cannot go elsewhere without mutual agreement. Likewise a player can stand out and not play at all if they are dissatisfied with the club, or the club can retain them on the list and never play them at all.

Therefore mostly makes best sense if both don't want it to continue, irrespective of the settlement, trades etc involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we are looking for a player that can possibly play the Fwd/Mid type role, Is Leroy Jetta a target? He has been playing that type of role in the VFL i think, Will be 26 next season 177cm/75kg thought he was OK last season excepting for his diving. Could be suspended for the investigation though.. What are others thoughts? I'm not a big fan of him personally but he came to mind.

When considering whether Jack Watts would be a good pick up at the right price, two words continually spring to mind. I don't know if they are valid, but they do make me nervous.

Richard Tambling

High draft choice, was huge disappointment at his original club. Traded to the Crows for a new start and the chance to show the true value of his original high draft pick. By any assessment this hasn't been a huge success for the Crows. You have to wonder whether Watts would go the same route, or that under a new coach, club, role models he would blossom and reach his potential.

When we are looking for a player that can possibly play the Fwd/Mid type role, Is Leroy Jetta a target? He has been playing that type of role in the VFL i think, Will be 26 next season 177cm/75kg thought he was OK last season excepting for his diving. Could be suspended for the investigation though.. What are others thoughts? I'm not a big fan of him personally but he came to mind.
If you want a quick, Jetta type player then we could pick up Kennedy-Harris in the draft. He's very quick and quite strong through the core. Good player that can play both forward and midfield. He could slip down to the second round.

If you want a quick, Jetta type player then we could pick up Kennedy-Harris in the draft. He's very quick and quite strong through the core. Good player that can play both forward and midfield. He could slip down to the second round.
Only mentioned Jetta as he is experienced in the AFL already, Haven't looked at other small forwards out of contract yet only Betts & LeCras who probably wouldn't leave.

Any others in the draft? A few Mid/Fwd smalls going around in the state leagues.

Only mentioned Jetta as he is experienced in the AFL already, Haven't looked at other small forwards out of contract yet only Betts & LeCras who probably wouldn't leave.

Any others in the draft? A few Mid/Fwd smalls going around in the state leagues.
Billings is an excellent prospect for the forward spot, I love his determination and football, but I'd rather take Kelly and hope Kennedy-Harris drops to the 2nd round.

Another Charger (yes I do love the Chargers) option for that role is Aiden Franetic. He won't get much recognition from the media but he's a wonderful player. His attack on the footy is great. He hasn't got that explosive pace from what I've seen, but he can kick goals and find the pill.

When considering whether Jack Watts would be a good pick up at the right price, two words continually spring to mind. I don't know if they are valid, but they do make me nervous.

Richard Tambling

High draft choice, was huge disappointment at his original club. Traded to the Crows for a new start and the chance to show the true value of his original high draft pick. By any assessment this hasn't been a huge success for the Crows. You have to wonder whether Watts would go the same route, or that under a new coach, club, role models he would blossom and reach his potential.

Adelaide were complete morons for trading the end of first round pick for Tambling.
Yes there was a chance they could turn him around, no there was no evidence that would happen.
Considering the amount of flack StKilda got for drafting Dean Polo at pick 103, as it turns out Polo would probably be a better player to have on your list.

By contrast Port picked up Jay Schulz in exchange for a back pocket player they took with a third round pick, so maybe comperable to Josh Saunders or thereabouts. ( Defenitely less than a Nathan Wright ).
Schultz has done quite nicely.

If we were to do a deal for Watts it would have to be on the basis that he may well be like another Kosi, or Jessie White, or Lachie Hanson ( but without the spine ) and pay pretty much what port paid for Schulz.
If melbourne want paypayback for their poor drafting and development let them sell him to Adelaide.

ADELAIDE:
Graham Johncock, Shaun McKernan , Ian Callinan, Richard Tambling (Spud), Dylan Orval*, Ben Rutten , Jason Porplyzia , Scott Thompson , Matthew Wright (Not 100% Sure), Aidan Riley (Not 100% Sure), Luke Thompson (Not 100% Sure) (Defender), Nick Joyce (Not sure), Sam Kerridge , Mitchell Grigg, Luke Brown, Lewis Johnston, Josh Jenkins

BRISBANE:
Sam Docherty, Ryan Harwood, Jared Polec, Billy Longer, Daniel Rich, Pearce Hanley (Not 100% Sure), Brent Staker, Jon Brown, Todd Banfield, Simon Black, Matt Leuenberger, Richard Newell*, Elliot Yeo, Paddy Karnzeis, James Polkinghorne (Not 100% Sure), Jesse O'Brien, Matt Maguire, Wearden, Mitch Golby, Justin Clarke*, Sam Michael*, Jack Crisp, Sam Wrigley*

CARLTON:
Dylan Buckley, Kane Lucas, Brock McLean, Sam Rowe, Eddie Betts, Rhys O'Keefe, Josh Bootsma, Lachie Henderson, Dennis Armfield, Heath Scotland, Frazer Dale*, Simon White, Aaron Joseph, David Ellard, Matthew Watson (Not 100% sure)

COLLINGWOOD:
Brent Macaffer, Alan Didak, Nick Maxwell, Andrew Krakouer, Dale Thomas, Nathan Brown, Darren Jolly, Josh Thomas, Ben Hudson, Ben Johnson, Ben Sinclair, Jackson Paine, Alan Toovey, Kyle Martin*, Peter Yagmoor*, Sam Dwyer*, Adam Oxley*, Corey Gault, Jack Frost*, Michael Hartley*, Caolon Mooney*

ESSENDON:
Tom Bellchambers, Alex Browne, Travis Colyer, Stew Crameri, Alwyn Davey, Luke Davis, Dustin Fletcher, Scott Gumbleton, Kyle Hardingham, Dyson Heppell, David Hille, Cale Hooker, Elliot Kavangah, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Jake Melksham, Jackson Merrett, Nick O'Brien, Tayte Pears, Jobe Watson, Jason Winderlich

FREMANTLE:
Zac Clarke, Chris Mayne (re-signed i think?), Kepler Bradley, Tendai Mzungu, Jayden Pitt, Anthony Morabito, Alex Silvagni, Viv Michie, Tom Sheridan, Hayden Crozier, Alex Forster, Cam Sutcliffe

GEELONG:
Jed Bews, Ryan Bathie*?, Mark Blicavs*?, Mitch Brown?, George Burbury*?, Paul Chapman, Allen Christensen, Joel Corey, Josh Cowen?, Cam Eardley*?, Corey Enright, Cam Guthrie?, Joel Hamling, George Horlin-Smith?, Josh Hunt, Shane Kersten, Lincoln McCarthy, Jordan Murdoch, James Podsiadly?, Jordan Schroder?, Jackson Sheringham*?, Dawson Simpson?, Billie Smedts?, Harry Taylor, Nathan Vardy, Josh Walker

GOLD COAST:
Mav Weller, Dion Prestia, Jacob Gillbee, Dan Gorringe, Henry Schade, Tom Nicholls, Campbell Brown, Jack Hutchins, Michael Rischitelli, Greg Broughton, Joel Wilkinson, Kyal Horsley, Liam Patrick, Nathan Bock, Andrew Boston*, Leigh Osborne*, Josh Hall*

GWS:
Taylor Adams, Sam Darley, Nathan Wilson, Nick Haynes, Shaun Edwards, Anthony Miles, Liam Sumner, Gerald Ugle, Setanta O'Hailpin, Josh Growden, Mark Whiley, Kurt Aylett, Tom Downie, Sam Schulz, Bret Thornton, Josh Bruce, Dean Brogan, Chad Cornes, Joe Redfern*, Zach Williams*

HAWTHORN:
Xavier Ellis, Shaun Burgoyne, Kyle Cheney, Brent Guerra, Lance Franklin, Sam Grimley, Mitch Hallahan, Max Bailey, Taylor Duryea, Angus Litherland, Derick Wanganeen*, Will Langford*

OTHERS UNKNOWN: Suckling, Gunston, Hill, Kelly, Woodward, Whitecross, Frank*, Bosley*

MELBOURNE:
Mitch Clisby*, Tom Crouch*, Aaron Davey, Troy Davis, Michael Evans, Max Gawn, Tom Gillies, Jack Fitzpatrick, Neville Jetta, James Magner*, Nathan Stark*, Colin Sylvia, Rory Taggart, Josh Tynan, Jack Watts

NORTH MELBOURNE:
Can't find.

PORT ADELAIDE:
Can't find.

RICHMOND:
Chris Newman, Dylan Grimes, Dustin Martin, Brandon Ellis, Shaun Grigg, Matt Dea, Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin (YES PLEASE), Jake Bachelor, Luke McGuane, Alex Rance, Shane Tuck, Daniel Jackson, Ben Griffiths, Robin Nahas, Jake King, Reece Conca, Brad Helbig, Matt White, Tom Derickx, Todd Elton, Matt Arnot, Brett O'Hanlon

SYDNEY:
Shane Biggs*, Jude Bolton, Alex Brown, Harry Cunningham, Andrejs Everitt, Brandon Jack*, Lewis Jetta, Alex Johnson, Jed Lamb, Jake Lloyd*, Jordan Lockyer, Ben McGlynn, Nick Malceski, Marty Mattner, Mitch Morton, Shane Mumford, Sam Naismith*, Luke Parker, Dane Rampe*, Xavier Richards*, Dan Robinson*, Rhyce Shaw, Nick Smith, Jesse White

WEST COAST:
Mark LeCras, Dean Cox, Eric McKenzie, Mitch Brown, Matt Priddis, Adam Selwood, Andrew Embley, Darren Glass, Mark Nicoski, Blayne Wilson, Bradd Dalziell

UNKNOWN:
Hams, Rosa, Hill, Cripps, Dick, Colledge, Carter, Hutchings, McInnes, Newman

WESTERN BULLDOGS:
Daniel Cross, Patrick Vezpremi? Dan Giansiracusa, Jason Tutt?, Adam Cooney, Fletcher Roberts, Liam Jones?, Daniel Pearce, Tom Liberatore?, Dylan Addison?, Christian Howard?, Michael Talia, Lukas Markovic?, Dale Morris?, Alex Greenwood*, Jason Johansen?, Jack Redparth*, Tom Campbell?, Ling Jong*, Mark Austin*

Here is a list of all the out of contract players i put in this thread ages ago, Some of these players may have re-signed though.

Interesting to see that list from the Tigers. Grimes would cost a lot but he's very good in that shut-down role. Considering that the Tiges have Chaplin, Rance and Griffiths I think he wouldn't be a complete do not trade player

Interesting to see that list from the Tigers. Grimes would cost a lot but he's very good in that shut-down role. Considering that the Tiges have Chaplin, Rance and Griffiths I think he wouldn't be a complete do not trade player
Body doesn't seem up to it though, Injury prone like Jack. If he gets over the injuries could develop into a very good KPD i agree.

Interesting to see that list from the Tigers. Grimes would cost a lot but he's very good in that shut-down role.
LOTS of hamstring injuries though...

Body doesn't seem up to it though, Injury prone like Jack. If he gets over the injuries could develop into a very good KPD i agree.
LOTS of hamstring injuries though...
Agree with both these posts. The one memory that sticks in my head for Dylan is his game with 17 1%ers or something ridiculous like that. He was amazing. His body will be a concern, but I think he should be able to get past his issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back