List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through end of season free agency, trade and draft periods we have brought into the club in:

2011:
Trade - Saad, Milera
Draft - Ross, Markworth, Newnes, Webster, Lever, Maister
Rookies- Dunell, Shenton, Staley, Minchington

2012:
Trade - Lee, Hickey, Dennis-Lane
Draft - Wright, White, Murdoch, Saunders, Pierce, Dunell
Free - Roberton

In my opinion that is very good recruitment by Watters, Pelchen and Baines. Not all were hit, some were misses but you could safely say we have at least 8 keepers there. We need to keep everyone under 25. We are on the right track but I see no value in trading a good young prospect for another. Trade an older player and late second round pick and keep our first round and early second round picks. They are too valuable. Keep McEvoy, Armitage and Steven unless we get a kings ransom. In regards to McEvoy and Armitage It's easy to criticise players in a team who finished in 16th position winning 5 games. Highly unlikely they will stand out each week and be best on ground in a young developing team. McEvoy is a leader and has shown he is a quality ruckman and was involved in our premiership tilts so will be better for it next time around. He didn't take it to the next level this year but finally had a quality ruck partner come in to shoulder the load. That partnership will be better for the run. Ridiculous to think he would go when all it would do would leave us in a position like last year where we needed that second quality ruckman because we were depleted when McEvoy got injured and needed Blake to go in there. Every great side has two quality rucks. The fact we have two who are younger than 25 next year sets us up for the next 6-8 years. Armitage was flying at the beginning of the season and was perhaps overshadowed by the faster and flashier Steven. He is a bull and will take it to the next level with our older midfield stepping aside. Not sure why we would move him out when midfielders are what we need. He's young, taken a bit longer to find his way but to ditch him now is a compete waste of time for all of the development we have put into him. Fair enough if we was a real disappointment but the fact is he had a great year. He may not be a prolific ball winner but he is a hard at it contested tackling machine and in a bottom three side definitely pulled his weight this year.

We would be crazy not to move on at least two of Fisher, Dal Santo and Montagna. Watters and Pelchen know this. It was upsetting to see Goddard go but there's no moving forward with older guys. Draft picks are not guaranteed to deliver every time but will give us more of chance in delivering that premiership in 5 years time than older guys who will be in retirement by then. One club players or not we only succeed as a club from moving forward, winnings games and winning premierships. Sentimental value is important at times but it won't win us premierships. I find no value in one club players if they become passengers and have a detrimental effect to winnings flags. No point a Dal Santo taking a spot when we have the future in Wright, Ross, Curren, Newnes, Saunders, Murdoch, Webster, Markworth and 2013's young crop waiting in the wings.

Go Saints. Our list transition over the past two years has been significant. We are looking vibrant and fresh. I am very excited about this upcoming end of season period. There will be tough decisions made but it feels necessary and crucial to be given a real go at in order to help define this club going forward.

Tony Sheahan who had the Paul Roos and Lance Franklin > Sydney gossip running with Essendon looking at Dom Tyson now.

One more post let me get this straight; Eddie said he would pouch every GWS young gun if they pouched Beams, Pendlebury, Thomas etc yet the stupid f**king fat peanut pouched our captain? moron.

Did anyone hear him on 360 the other night going off his nut at Sydney getting Buddy saying its unfair Collingwood couldn't afford Buddy how could Sydney etc etc... I guarantee you he would've been wording Roo up about media opportunities at 9 and all other sort of financial options to try and lure him over. Sickening hypocrisy.

Sick of the BrianSpeaking 'bashing' everyone.....I do understand some of the feeling/posts as sometimes he doesn't phrase his posts in the best way. However he does have inside info and he brings a lot to this forum....some of it doesn't come true but that is the nature of football clubs - best laid plans and all that.

Anyway do what you guys want as everyone has their right but let's focus on football!

As my mama used to say - if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all! :D
Very well put, Smoke, we don't want this place turning into Saintsational, the direction it's been heading in of late. There's no need for all the sniping, personal, belittling shots and so on.

I wasn't aware that it was "known" that Riewoldt was dissatisfied with the club at all.

I wasn't aware that it was "known" that Riewoldt was dissatisfied with the club at all.
Any differences have been ironed out, the latest is Patton was familiarising himself with Linen House today..
The Pies will get their right whack, FIGJAM has "lost" some of his better players..
Beams isn't a happy camper, & he's not the only one....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrianSpeaking better tell us everything he knows or I'll get SneakyJetta to "bash" him. He is 6'5" and weights 140kg and makes $90k a year, you better be scared Brian!

Set up the fight in the Medallion Club, I've heard that's where SneakyJetta hangs out!:p

Dont get the hate for Eddie for trying to get a gun player, maybe our club could take note of how to build big and successful club and start asking the quesitons instead just sitting on our hands and letting our gun players walk away.

he lives in port melbourne/albert park area, finds it annoying to drive down to seaford every day.

poor dear. i feel so sorry for him.;) maybe he should look at what happening in the real world for a change.

Dont get the hate for Eddie for trying to get a gun player, maybe our club could take note of how to build big and successful club and start asking the quesitons instead just sitting on our hands and letting our gun players walk away.

What? Eddie got up in arms when gws was threatening to poach their players? Maybe we did take note as we are doing to exact same thing!

He is a hypocrite.
Remember his words on if GWS poach pies? And just a few days ago bleating on about Buddy to Sydney.

AFAIK no "gun player" has walked... all the while the talks about Thomas @ Carlton and Shaw wanting out. I think we do our own thing and don't take note of their player & coach management at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back