Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe.

On the other hand isn't that what has happened at Port, though not necessarily by choice?

It's going to be interesting if Ken gets an extension and Carr moves to a senior role next year at Richmond for example. Though clearly you'd think they're going to have some list challenges as well going forward in the short term.
I expect a 2 year extension with succession plan

no doubt they’re strategizing how they can keep the (what was until recently) winning combination together without losing face

According to Wilson, Van Berlo is in the mix for Richmond's job.
I doubt it. He would be a million to 1 chance. I heard they they want Carr from powaa. It will probably come down to whether Carr thinks he can hang on for at least another 12-18 months before they sack Hinkley. Sounds like Hinkley has been extended for 2 years but I doubt he will see out his contract.

I doubt it. He would be a million to 1 chance. I heard they they want Carr from powaa. It will probably come down to whether Carr thinks he can hang on for at least another 12-18 months before they sack Hinkley. Sounds like Hinkley has been extended for 2 years but I doubt he will see out his contract.

Maaate, I doubt the voices in your head listen to you 😂😂😂

At a certain point we need to rip the bandaid off and let this team grow and drive itself without the old guard overseeing it. Even still we're holding younger players back because we want to accommodate someone like Sloane coming into the side, whether he's sub or not.
does that include Tex, Smithers and Laird also? Or just Sloane?

Laird and Dawson are both All Australian quality midfielders who started playing other positions, and Keays is a delistee who's rebuilt his career. They're probably the kind of successes that make van Berlo attractive to other clubs.

Dawson had to fight against Van Berlo to play in the middle, and had to go behind his back to the head coach to get played there, if he didn't he'd still be in defense because VB didn't rate him as a mid.

Laird had already transitioned out of defense into the midfield before Van Berlo

Nobody hangs their hat on putting a guy who can't kick, or handball and makes terrible decisions under no pressure into the middle

Jesus christ will you get a grip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rob Chapman for AFL Commission was doing the rounds on 5AA this morning.

Likely be a good result for the AFC if it were to transpire.
There are few people less suited to that role than Chapman.

But he does fit in well with the culture of the AFL (always protect your own skin over the club, sweep issues under the rug, stay on for far too long)

Rob Chapman for AFL Commission was doing the rounds on 5AA this morning.

Likely be a good result for the AFC if it were to transpire.
**** me. The guy who was chairman during the Tippett scandal and the camp. Two of the biggest **** ups in recent league history?

Why doesn’t the Commission appoint Tim Marcus Clark instead?

* me. The guy who was chairman during the Tippett scandal and the camp. Two of the biggest * ups in recent league history?

Why doesn’t the Commission appoint Tim Marcus Clark instead?
... probably because he is no longer alive.

But your point still stands.

does that include Tex, Smithers and Laird also? Or just Sloane?
It will include all of them at some point, yes. Tex had a career best year, but we can't look at him as being a key cog in the team past 2024 and there needs to be a plan in place to wind him down next year and bringing up a replacement. Same with Smithers, he's OOC next year and going to be turning 33, they absolutely need to plan the same with him.

It will include all of them at some point, yes. Tex had a career best year, but we can't look at him as being a key cog in the team past 2024 and there needs to be a plan in place to wind him down next year and bringing up a replacement. Same with Smithers, he's OOC next year and going to be turning 33, they absolutely need to plan the same with him.
ok so not ripping bandaid off in one go after all but slowly peeling it off. Makes sense to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back