Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are the only professional sport in the world that tolerates failure by coaches. I actually think our current culture in this space is poor. It means we condition ourselves to thinking there is no one better, so better the devil you know.

Soccer is brutal. I know of a Real Madrid coach who went a whole season undefeated, won all the trophies but was sacked because the team wasn't entertaining enough. I dont think football should go to that extent because thats absurd, but I do think clubs should role the dice more. 5 years should be around the maximum for any coach at a single club if they aren't winning premierships. That sort of thing.

Hard to compare any sport with the AFL because it’s so corrupt and compromised. Soccer has i league in ever country and coaches can get a job anywhere in another country. They also have a league where it’s a fair comp, play home and away. aFL has the grand final every year at MCG and it’s harder to win as an interstate team as well and rule changes or interpretations confusing everyone. Soccer rules don’t change at all except for VAR which is terrible. Also there is only 1 cup to win, soccer could have up to 4 if your a decent team. So only 1 coach can be successful every year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sitting at the Gabba tonight with my son and he gets a call from a friend who was attending some sort of pre match function, with the news that Silver's or someone let slip that Sloane will get one more year

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
The night gets better

Sitting at the Gabba tonight with my son and he gets a call from a friend who was attending some sort of pre match function, with the news that Silver's or someone let slip that Sloane will get one more year

Check list management thread

Can you post again tomorrow……………. Just want to check I wasn’t having so sort of horrible dream

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard we had scouts at the Peel Thunder/Claremont game last week. Could speculate they were looking at Jack Maibaum who is a key defender who was with Sydney until 2021.
What!!!!!

Slow as treacle, how he ever got drafted is still a mystery.

If he's seriously being looked at Borlase is a chance...

Would they be looking at Hamling as a stop gap. Yet to be offered a contract and has filled holes at AFL level previously

I hope not...

Daniel Curtin could quite possibly do alright in his 1st year if we drafted him which has to be chance depending on where we finish and he has plenty of other strings to his bow as well. A very very different player to the McAsey and Borlase types.

I hope not...

Daniel Curtin could quite possibly do alright in his 1st year if we drafted him which has to be chance depending on where we finish and he has plenty of other strings to his bow as well. A very very different player to the McAsey and Borlase types.
I’d hope we don’t develop Curtin as a pure KPD though

More as a taller Will Day

I hope not...

The next couple of weeks will tell if we could be in the mix? Make and win a final and I assume we would be miles away from the part of the draft he is taken?
Lose and he might be right around the zone

The next couple of weeks will tell if we could be in the mix? Make and win a final and I assume we would be miles away from the part of the draft he is taken?
Lose and he might be right around the zone

Trading up for GC’s pick (which is entirely possible) will be the only way he’s in the mix

Then there's no way we should be spending a 1st round pick, especially one we'd probably need to trade up to achieve.
Curtin is much much more than a pure defender, he's very capable both ends and in the middle, he's a dead set certainty to go top 10, probably 4 or 5 spots higher.
I just think it will be in defence where clubs will see him.

I can't see any of the mids like Reid, McKercher or Sanders being available to us at our pick so we may do just as well to take the best available and if that's a tall so be it. There will likely be several decent midfield prospects still on the board at our 2nd so we may go that way unless there is a midfielder slider we fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back