Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see why Gold Coast would do that: they don't need that many points, they'd be wanting a couple of those and a f1
Long shot ... but maybe, just maybe, we have some kind of back scratching deal with GC from the Rankine deal that they'll favour trading with us this year. :think:

Long shot ... but maybe, just maybe, we have some kind of back scratching deal with GC from the Rankine deal that they'll favour trading with us this year. :think:
Geez, I hope so.

He's also 192cm and slow...and would take a main list spot.
Agreed. But as Borlase was a cat 2 they could delist him and redraft him as a rookie. If there’s nothing better available then I’m not against this, but don’t reckon he’s worth a main list spot

Edit: changed “he” to Borlase. I know who I’m talking about but readers of a thread don’t necessarily know 🤣

Last edited:
Agreed. But as he was a cat 2 they could delist him and redraft him as a rookie. If there’s nothing better available then I’m not against this, but don’t reckon he’s worth a main list spot
He's already had the extra year as a Cat B...we can do better. There's several genuine talls that will likely be available at our 2nd picks that have him for height, speed and athleticism etc and certainly offer more down the track. Burgess sounds like it's already a done deal in the media and he's way more versatile as depth. Almost all the KPF's in the league are around the 200cm these days and most will get Borlase with their speed on the lead anyhow.

Nah.

We just overpaid. There's nothing else to it.

Binuk is the bloke behind the pick swaps .. though I guess Reid gets the trades done
My understanding was he's stepped down from that role and is now based in the USA and is only on a consultancy basis with us now?

My understanding was he's stepped down from that role and is now based in the USA and is only on a consultancy basis with us now?
Yeah, he's at Duke in North Carolina in a similar role. Still consulting to the club though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see why Gold Coast would do that: they don't need that many points, they'd be wanting a couple of those and a f1
They could use 2 of the 4 second rounders to chase Ports future first rounder?
I think everyone courting their pick 4 is trying to avoid giving them a future first rounder so it might be as good as they get.

fox footy and their articles keep trying to say josh carmichael is south australian. he's not.
and hes not what we need or we would have picked him in first place instead of turner. zero chance of coming to us

Doing it once is already way too much. That said, if we were rolling all 3 through midfield rotations with Pedlar, Schoey, Dawson and Laird/Crouch (until they're done), both our small forward and midfield stocks would be top 4 worthy. Problem is that we inherently favour a 4 person midfield structure with only a few crumbs thrown to a 5th. But that 6 man rotation significantly improves our midfield without sacrificing our ahead of the ball scoring power. Add a genuinely slick and elite ball using mid, not an accumulator, and we'd be really, really close.

And I think it would be folly to look at our late picked mids and think they'll amount to anything other than being fringe backup. What % of A grade/elite mids spend a year 2 in the lower league to 'develop'? Without checking, and injury notwithstanding, I would expect very, very few.
"Pedlar, Schoey, Dawson and Laird/Crouch... midfield stocks would be top 4 worthy"

That's some serious glass half full assessment there. I miss adelaide bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back