2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to almost be a consensus on this board that he should be our pick.
Any chance he gets picked before he gets to us? Or the earlier pick clubs going for different types?
Definitely a chance Jagga is gone before our pick - Richmond and West Coast would both have interest in him. Probably 50-50 atm

I think we will likely pick Smith and Draper but if Draper is still on the table at say Pick 4, would Adelaide and potentially Freo come sniffing hard as
WA likes recruiting SA players....

so do we trade pick 4 and 49 for Freos pick 7 and 14?
Or Adelaide gives us their 6 and 31 and something extra the following year.

Then get potentially Moreas or Taj Hotton etc with pick 14 as well as Smith and Lalor?

Or do we say stuff em and just take Draper and Smith?

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Cole and Hoffman were specifically mentioned in the article too

I very much doubt any of our NGA's or FS get bid on in the National Draft...

The changes make a mockery of the past rules and the AFL. It would seem not only are they going to hand Essendon etc access to a player they are not going to change the points system until next years draft. Its comical how incompetent this billion dollar sporting agency are and how they continue to shaft some clubs.

The clubs who have missed past opportunities like us with Cam McKenzie should start a class action against the AFL and request draft compensation.

Last edited:
I very much doubt any of our NGA's or FS get bid on in the draft...

The changes make a mockery of the past rules and the AFL. It would seem not only are they going to hand Essendon etc access to a player they are not going to change the points system until next years draft. It comical how incompetent this billion dollar sporting agency are and how they continue to shaft some clubs.

The clubs who have missed past opportunities like us with Cam McKenzie should start a class action against the AFL and request draft compensation.
We got Pou, no harm done. We got Collard who is looking slightly shakey.

Bassett has campaigned long and hard for this and it has worked, so we can't whinge now especially if it clips the wings of the charity cheats in the Northern States.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we will likely pick Smith and Draper but if Draper is still on the table at say Pick 4, would Adelaide and potentially Freo come sniffing hard as
WA likes recruiting SA players....

so do we trade pick 4 and 49 for Freos pick 7 and 14?
Or Adelaide gives us their 6 and 31 and something extra the following year.

Then get potentially Moreas or Taj Hotton etc with pick 14 as well as Smith and Lalor?

Or do we say stuff em and just take Draper and Smith?

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Take best available. Had enough of being clever. When you have top talent you simply just take them.

When head office says so. In Gold Coast's case they're getting a massive injection ATM but the measure is having a sustainable AFL football culture in the SE QLD area which could be a long way away.

By the number of kids GCS & Brisbane have coming through the systems they are well on their way to making it work up there...Brisbane fill the stadium every home game and GCS are starting to get a decent following. They are fortunate the Gold Coast Titans have been so poor they don't have to show much to attract people.

I think the support Melbourne Storm enjoy suggests if you achieve sucess it doesnt matter where you are located people will come.

Last edited:
Take best available. Had enough of being clever. When you have top talent you simply just take them.
Don't disagree, but what if best available is Trainor? If we have 2 picks, I'm ok with that.

As for the mid we should want, I really hope we finish below the Crows, as unlikely as that is. Draper really should be in the #1 pick conversation, he's had the injuries this year - but still came back and dominated. When I say dominated I mean against men, not just U18 kids

Last edited:
Heard that Jagga Smith will be playing for the Richmond VFL this year. He was a RJFC player so maybe it's just a natural progression but good chance the Tiges will go that way with their selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back