Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the interview and felt for Battle the whole time.
What’s he meant to say “yeah I’ve had a great time at the saints and now I’m really looking forward to my next challenge with the hawks”
Cmon media stop asking him there’s clearly nothing he can say unless he was going to stay which clearly he’s not.
If I was Battle I wouldn’t be doing another interview this year.
All the best with Battle next year he really is a big asset and will be a perfect fit for your club.

Will Barrass get a game …… our depth will be insane

View attachment 2078245
Yeah, I think he does. Sic playing the loose sweeper role without really needing to worry about playing too defensively, Weddle playing higher up more often. I think we're already seeing the way the team is going to be structured moving forward over the past few weeks.

I'm getting a feeling that this year's trade period is going to be as eventful as last year's, if not more.

Sam's "no ceiling" reference may apply to trades/FA/draft as well, not just on-field performances!

An exciting September and then October/November coming up... buckle up!

How could we possibly pick a team?

Hardwick - Barrass - Impey
Scrimshaw - Battle - Sicily

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Amon - Petracca - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Lewis - Macdonald
Watson - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Weddle
Nash
Worpel
Dear / Gunston
Mackenzie

I suppose we could look at trading any of Hustwaite, CJ, Ward, Reeves/Ramsden, DGB, Mitchell and Morrison if we pulled those three deals off - not that I'm saying we should. But good players would be missing out.
CJ would shatter the playing group. We have built the best culture in the league. We must protect it at all costs.

CJ would shatter the playing group. We have built the best culture in the league. We must protect it at all costs.
Thats a very good point. Everyone is lauding the positive and fun energy of the club. While that is working, care needs to be taken to preserve it. It doesn’t mean keeping players on the list just because they are popular but pushing a popular contracted player out would be a needless risk.

I'm getting a feeling that this year's trade period is going to be as eventful as last year's, if not more.

Sam's "no ceiling" reference may apply to trades/FA/draft as well, not just on-field performances!

An exciting September and then October/November coming up... buckle up!
Agreed. Neal Bullen asking for a trade. Crisis at Melbourne. hope we go hard at some of their players. Kozzie?

The dumb thing is either they take a first round and rebuild with it or take nothing and stick with a 29 yr old who adds nothing to their future plans?
I agree mate. The last thing I want to see is the Hawks overpaying. Barrass can join for our first pick or stay where he is.

Agreed. Neal Bullen asking for a trade. Crisis at Melbourne. hope we go hard at some of their players. Kozzie?
Imagine having to deal with Kozzie, The Wiz, Ginnivan and Moore… Defenders would be faking hammies before they played us.

Barrass isn't a necessary cog at his age in a team that is literally building from the ground up. They need trade assets and games into young players.

We were at the same crossroads and let the contracted pair of O'Meara and Mitchell go for a very modest return in comparison to what Barrass will cost us.

I really think that a first round pick in that 10-14 range makes perfect sense. This 'two firsts' narrative is ridiculous and I damn sure hope we wouldn't consider that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Barrass come out and say I want to be a Hawk after round 24 even though we're in the finals?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He can say whatever he wants whenever he wants. There's no rule against it.

But it's generally accepted that players wait until both clubs' seasons are done out of respect.

Barrass isn't a necessary cog at his age in a team that is literally building from the ground up. They need trade assets and games into young players.

We were at the same crossroads and let the contracted pair of O'Meara and Mitchell go for a very modest return in comparison to what Barrass will cost us.

I really think that a first round pick in that 10-14 range makes perfect sense. This 'two firsts' narrative is ridiculous and I damn sure hope we wouldn't consider that.

The two firsts narrative is coming from journalists and WCE supporters.

Our first will likely be the starting point, and as often happens a few pick swaps will likely finish off the deal. Both clubs will walk away happy.

I still feel that involving DGB also makes the most sense, giving him a better chance to get more senior AFL opportunities.

can people PLEASE stop talking about trading Morrison, he's an UFA. He will go where he wants to, or stay at Hawthorn, but he can't be traded!!!
my guess is he's playing for North next year.

win win trade. wce get picks, we get a needed key defender.
weddle will be able to play forward next season.
only question left is how many goals will weddle kick next year?

A genuine Full Back is a necessary cog. If not him then who?
can people PLEASE stop talking about trading Morrison, he's an UFA. He will go where he wants to, or stay at Hawthorn, but he can't be traded!!!
Of course he can. Where do you get this stuff?

Someone is going to need to point me in the direction of this deluge of trading Morrison posts.

Also - he can be traded, if a team was losing a free agent and didn’t want their compensation watered down they could opt to trade instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back