Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Serong maybe?
Christmas Snow GIF by Harley-Davidson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today did nothing to stop me thinking Barrass and Battle are 100% needed.

We were bullied in the air today by a historically bad team.
Spot on. It is our main weakness , and we can solve it instantly. Our game goes to another level with those inclusions. We will become even more attacking, as will have the confidence that a turnover can be covered, or if a team decides to switch game plans like Richmond did today that we can adjust.

Spot on. It is our main weakness , and we can solve it instantly. Our game goes to another level with those inclusions. We will become even more attacking, as will have the confidence that a turnover can be covered, or if a team decides to switch game plans like Richmond did today that we can adjust.

Today was an eye opener to the benefit of adding a couple of quality key position defenders to our team.. Sicily gets out marked a lot.. Almost weekly.. his intercept play is best in league calibre but his defence has been poor this year.. It’s tough for Frost given his year to step aside but Frost, Battle, Barrass, Scrim and Sic doesn’t work.. If I were Frost and North or someone offered me three years I’d take a look.. Interesting off season ahead for sure..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Today was an eye opener to the benefit of adding a couple of quality key position defenders to our team.. Sicily gets out marked a lot.. Almost weekly.. his intercept play is best in league calibre but his defence has been poor this year.. It’s tough for Frost given his year to step aside but Frost, Battle, Barrass, Scrim and Sic doesn’t work.. If I were Frost and North or someone offered me three years I’d take a look.. Interesting off season ahead for sure..

Looking into my crystal ball, I see Frost playing on the wing at Box Hill next year. The 19 year old kid playing on him is waving to the bench to come off.

I'm all for us chasing Barrass + Battle but Sic is only playing like his is now because that shoulder can pop out at any moment and is just nursing himself throughout the season. After his reco he'll be back to his old self so I'm not worried by him.

I'm all for us chasing Barrass + Battle but Sic is only playing like his is now because that shoulder can pop out at any moment and is just nursing himself throughout the season. After his reco he'll be back to his old self so I'm not worried by him.

His tackling technique highlights this, will not extend his arms. Kinda looks like an action figure.

It’s tough for Frost given his year to step aside but Frost, Battle, Barrass, Scrim and Sic doesn’t work.. If I were Frost and North or someone offered me three years I’d take a look.. Interesting off season ahead for sure..
Barrass plays out of the Goal Square - he doesn't generally lockdown a specific opponent. He intercept marks deep or he spoils - he doesn't effectively chase his opponent around on the lead or defensively run 50m to fill space.

Adding Barrass complements Frost (like Lake + Frawley were complementary) - you'd not replace one with the other.

We can try to turn Battle into a lockdown defender - replacing Frost - but it's not his natural game.

I agree - anyone Frost's age would have to look at job security (3yrs) when his current deal expires in 1x year (end 2025), but his body of work as a lockdown KPD is heaps better than Battle's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back