Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

yes

we have been a couple of injuries away from a Weddle/Frost/Scrimshaw to finding out if Serong and Phillips can hold down the best key forwards in the competition

not saying they cant, however, Scrimshaw and Weddle have already been playing above their weight division all season, cant walk into next year thinking it will go this well again without an injury to those 3

McCabe looks good at Box Hill but would look like early days Zac Dawson if asked to come in right now and hold Harry McKay...he is still developing his craft
Absolutely but we're also a couple of injuries away from being exposed on any line – which is why i'm arguing we should pursue only one of Barrass/Battle and instead seek out a quality midfielder

Agree we can't rely on McCabe next year (but let's see...) but more so suggesting him for when Frost retires.

Could we do a Ben McKay style frontload for Battle to satisfy all parties?

Year 1: $1,400,000
Year 2: $1,000,000
Year 3: $900,000
Year 4: $700,000
Year 5: $700,000
Year 6: $700,000
Total: $5,400,000

Average $900k/p.a. = band 1

Only 5 yr is used for compo calc AFAIK

Yr 6 can be 400k, avgs to 850K per yr for us and 900K for compo calc.

Hope Roughy still has good connections within Saints list management to work out something that benefits all. Harry and/or Sam Butler are the one's I don't mind going to Saints.

Other clubs should target Serong/Reeves/Frost & persuade them.

Only 5 yr is used for compo calc AFAIK

Yr 6 can be 400k, avgs to 850K per yr for us and 900K for compo calc.

Hope Roughy still has good connections within Saints list management to work out something that benefits all. Harry and/or Sam Butler are the one's I don't mind going to Saints.

Other clubs should target Serong/Reeves/Frost & persuade them.
Thanks mate, that would be the go I dare say.

I think I remember reading/hearing something about the saints being interested in Reeves too.

seron

Serong is just about ready now. Will be prime next year. Has been able to develop nicely at BBH without being rushed under unnecessary pressure.

I am all in on Battle, not too sure on Barrass, although would be very handy at the right price and assuming he can pay the majority of games for at least 3 years

We should keep Serong feel we will regret it even if his Frost replacement.

Yes, we do. We are great when we maintain our pressure, but the Port and GWS games show the need when sides have momentum.
On both instances it was just that final quarter we were exposed – rest of the game defence were fantastic. So reckon one could make the argument it was our midfield that was thrashed in the final quarter against Port and GWS.

Think of it this way instead:
" We have a pressing need for releasing our defenders".
Barrass (and Battle) coming in frees up Sicily to play his natural game as an intercepting, rebounding defender rather than a lock-down.
Be good for Weddle too.
we think watching this Hawks side is fun now, imagine Weddle running off without needing to worry about possibly having to get back as there is no one behind him, or Sicily playing higher up as there is coverage, all of a sudden he is delivering with these kicks into the F50 and not exiting the D50

On both instances it was just that final quarter we were exposed – rest of the game defence were fantastic. So reckon one could make the argument it was our midfield that was thrashed in the final quarter against Port and GWS.
Agreed, and that’s why we need to improve our defence. In finals games that will happen - momentum shifts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, and that’s why we need to improve our defence. In finals games that will happen - momentum shifts.
Or do we need to improve our midfield is what our back 6 would've argued that day 🤣. Would be interesting to see how often they do clash post game and in team meetings as they can't be happy shouldering the blame when being exposed like that.

Welcome to Hawthorn

Price Is Right Television GIF by Justin

Or do we need to improve our midfield is what our back 6 would've argued that day 🤣. Would be interesting to see how often they do clash post game and in team meetings as they can't be happy shouldering the blame when being exposed like that.
We plan to. This List has got to be able to go to the next level to win premierships. Not just the backline, but mids and forwards. That said, it might take some time.

The List Management has clearly targeted KPD. (and a KPF and an elite mid. I’m sure they are looking to improve everywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back