Remove this Banner Ad

F… you
F… you
F… you
You're cool
I quit and I'm out!

😂 😂 😂

View attachment 2088443
Trying to figure out who'd get the "You're cool" - probably Gawn given he's the only other main guy who seems to give a shit.

Half Baked Whos Comin With Me GIF

Interesting reading the saints board RE Battle. They are seriously unaware how their club has been pathetic for nigh on 60 years and talk of Battle regretting his decision to leave in years to come.

The cold hard truth is- if you want success playing in the AFL and land at St Kilda then you need to leave. History has shown that.
Saints= 1 flag every 60 years
Hawks= 1 flag every 5 years (average)

Interesting reading the saints board RE Battle. They are seriously unaware how their club has been pathetic for nigh on 60 years and talk of Battle regretting his decision to leave in years to come.

The cold hard truth is- if you want success playing in the AFL and land at St Kilda then you need to leave. History has shown that.
saints = 1 flag per century

"Make him regret it"

The only thing he'd regret is not getting out of there earlier. Saints are the biggest bunch of perennial losers in our entire competition.

The fact Petracca is coming on before the Melbourne game I'd say he will be reassuring everyone he isn't going anywhere. Highly doubt he'd even be doing this appearance if he was planning to leave

That would be some strong 'taking my talents to South Beach' vibes if he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Make him regret it"

The only thing he'd regret is not getting out of there earlier. Saints are the biggest bunch of perennial losers in our entire competition.
It annoys me because their ‘fans’ (victims?) aren’t aware of the Stockholm syndrome they’re under- the clubs very fabric is woven from overpaying underperforming players and constantly misjudging just how far away they are from a flag. As a club they are making up the numbers

Hypothetically, if we had to choose between Barass and Battle, who would we prefer? I think Barass is the better player, slightly, but has injury concerns. Battle has 4 years on Barass and no such concerns (that I know of, please correct me if I'm wrong)

One of the more baffling things about the whole Battle situation is that the Saints somehow managed to have at least 11 players on their list who get paid more than him.
One of the many downsides of the "we need to win trade period" mentality where you don't give much thought to structure and just acquire whoever is available.

Hill, Crouch, Zak Jokes, Dougal Howard, Butler, Higgins, Henry. Unfortunately if you want to acquire players you've gotta pay through the nose and beyond their actual value for em. Add that to King, Marshall, Steele, Sinclair and Wilkie and there's your 11+.

Hypothetically, if we had to choose between Barass and Battle, who would we prefer? I think Barass is the better player, slightly, but has injury concerns. Battle has 4 years on Barass and no such concerns (that I know of, please correct me if I'm wrong)
I think you've summed it up pretty nicely to be fair. I would say Barrass is a better player more than slightly but I'm splitting hairs at this point.

I think you've summed it up pretty nicely to be fair. I would say Barrass is a better player more than slightly but I'm splitting hairs at this point.

Battle is a better player.

Can play Barrass's role than can run and spread the ground, something Barras can't do as he sits back in D50. Actually Barrass gets beaten quite easily by players who can cover the ground.

Battle covers a lot of ground and when the team has possession will spread to the wings and push forward, something that suits Mitchell's game plan.

Can play Barrass's role than can run and spread the ground, something Barras can't do as he sits back in D50. Actually Barrass gets beaten quite easily by players who can cover the ground.

Battle covers a lot of ground and when the team has possession will spread to the wings and push forward, something that suits Mitchell's game plan.

Both are quality but right now barrass is the better player. I'm really surprised by how underatted he is on here.

So while Battle covers a lot of ground and spreads to the wings and the ball gets turned over who is defending the forward that's still in the 50?

When the game isn't on our terms and the ball keeps getting bombed into Jesse Hogan or Charlie Curnow or Harry McKay do you want Barrass or Battle defending it?

You've described the difference in their roles, without saying what Barrass does, not described why Battle is better.

If having his daughter be able to run through the banner this week could get them an extra first round pick the Saints would just cop the fine from the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back