Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perryman plays every game the last 5 years for GWS while they've been good. Morrison is still very much a fringe player.

Perryman is taller, stronger, faster. Can get the ball more and kick it further.

Thing is Perryman is used at half back as lockdown sometimes rebound sometimes. Few years ago had stints forward. But for us, he'd be a wingman.
Yea but apart from that.... :)

Perryman plays every game the last 5 years for GWS while they've been good. Morrison is still very much a fringe player.

Perryman is taller, stronger, faster. Can get the ball more and kick it further.

Thing is Perryman is used at half back as lockdown sometimes rebound sometimes. Few years ago had stints forward. But for us, he'd be a wingman.
I'm sure Perryman is a great player, but it's hard to see where to slot him in.

B1 and B2 (Barrass and Battle) are already pushing players further up the ground.

No point getting him to play in the twos (in my opinion).

We need to be looking for Gunners/Bruest replacements. Once again, my opinion.

Melbourne fans would riot at that deal.

I’m enjoying the Petracca circus. Melbourne are a basket case. Both sides are backgrounding and leaking trying to control the narrative. Melbourne pushing that Petracca is a selfish flog who only wants to go to a big club to increase the amount of people who will watch him chop onions online. And Petracca camp pushing Melbourne’s rancid culture and the Oliver/Goodwin issues. I’m here for it all
Does a Melbourne riot involve snowballs?

B1 and B2 (Barrass and Battle) are already pushing players further up the ground.

Battrass?

Who would this third player be?

Until there are actual names, talking about which best-22 player we would 'have to lose' to make an unspecified player a Hawk doesn't make sense.

Max Gruzewski

It's well documented on here from established ITK like Tops (and a couple more) that we are heavily into him.

Tops postulated our Collingwood 2nd rounder would get it done.

I don't think it will - and as GWS are potentially going to lose Perryman Cummings, and possibly one or two others to 'retirement' then I suspect they will want a player and a pick.

I think Max was pick 22?

GWS aren't going to accept less for a kid they have put time and effort into.

The Collingwood pick and a fringe player would be the offer I suspect - but Max has to come out and say he wants to move, otherwise these meetings with 'his people' continue to be non-productive.

I like Max a lot - and whilst raw, he really can turn into an above average forward for a long, long time.

Breust and Gunston will be heavily managed next year you'd think so we are left with Chol, Dear and Scaife as tall marking options whilst Lewis recovers.

Max makes perfect sense for 2025

Max Dear Watson
Moore Chol Ginnivan

Depth Breust, Gunston, Scaife (Lewis still recovering). Bit too light if we get a couple of injuries.

We are in Premiership contention, and it would be criminal to waste a season by having no tall forward coverage.

If Petracca really wants out for the reasons he says (Melbourne’s culture), he should drop the demands about which clubs (big clubs and contending sides) he wants to move to. Clubs like St Kilda, Richmond, North (lol) could do a deal that satisfies Melbourne but that’s not what he wants.
Regardless of Melbourne's reported negligence, Petracca hasn't communicated well, either.

If we add Barass and Battle, and seek out a third player as well - we are definitely going to have to lose at least one current best-22 player.

There's no way we can bring in three guys of this calibre and just offload some fringe players.
Why? If 2 are free agents we can just trade draft picks for Barrass. And then we delisted the bottom 6 of our list and take 3 in the draft.

Depends if his grienvaces are "I want the culture to be better" or more like "I can't play for a club that has goodwin in charge"
They can and should fix both problems. **** I'd let Petracca player/coach over keeping Goodwin. Absolutely ridiculous to hire anybody that was involved in the Essendon doping program. Especially someone with massive drinking, drugs and gambling problems himself. And that's not even mentioning that he's a poor coach.

Max Gruzewski

It's well documented on here from established ITK like Tops (and a couple more) that we are heavily into him.

I don't think it will - and as GWS are potentially going to lose Perryman Cummings, and possibly one or two others to 'retirement' then I suspect they will want a player and a pick.

I think Max was pick 22?

The Collingwood pick and a fringe player would be the offer I suspect - but Max has to come out and say he wants to move, otherwise these meetings with 'his people' continue to be non-productive.

I like Max a lot - and whilst raw, he really can turn into an above average forward for a long, long time.

Breust and Gunston will be heavily managed next year you'd think so we are left with Chol, Dear and Scaife as tall marking options whilst Lewis recovers.

Max Dear Watson
Moore Chol Ginnivan

Depth Breust, Gunston, Scaife (Lewis still recovering). Bit too light if we get a couple of injuries.

We are in Premiership contention, and it would be criminal to waste a season by having no tall forward coverage.
Yes, I'm familiar with the notion that we may be after Max.

It just doesn't have a huge amount to do with my post, that we will 'have to lose' a best-22 player to get an as-yet-unnamed player in.

You've named a player, but I still don't why that would mean we lose a best-22. You yourself admit a) Max would have to request a trade and b) we would be looking at a 2nd rounder and a fringe to make it happen.

If Petracca really wants out for the reasons he says (Melbourne’s culture), he should drop the demands about which clubs (big clubs and contending sides) he wants to move to. Clubs like St Kilda, Richmond, North (lol) could do a deal that satisfies Melbourne but that’s not what he wants.
I think that's all Melbourne spin to make him look bad.

It's 2 separate decisions.

1. Do I want to leave?

2. Where do I want to go?

Why he wants to leave is clear and absolutely justified.

If he were a free agent he'd have 18 offers Infront of him. He has a big contract and Melbourne have trade leverage so some clubs are ruled out.

I still think that every club should try to convince him and find a way to make it happen. But he can't expect Collingwood or Carlton to somehow come up with 1.7m in cap space.

He wouldn't play in the 2s.

From the side against North. Barrass replaces Frost, Magginess is replaced on wing by Weddle, battle replaces Weddle in backline. Perryman replaces Morrison.

Then you have Breust and Gunston who presumably don't play as much next year. So battle replaces Weddle who goes forward replacing Gunston and Perryman to wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer

“If you’re Carlton, Hawthorn or Geelong, do you want a 42-goal forward? That’s only one less Jamarra Ugle-Hagan,” Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark

Ahhahahahaha, **** no! No. Nope. No ****ing way. Jay Clark needs to uppercut himself for even suggesting that.

Stringer

“If you’re Carlton, Hawthorn or Geelong, do you want a 42-goal forward? That’s only one less Jamarra Ugle-Hagan,” Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark

Ahhahahahaha, **** no! No. Nope. No ****ing way. Jay Clark needs to uppercut himself for even suggesting that.
The only way I would want him anywhere near our club is if he called into Hawk Nest to buy a shit load of merchandise and wants to have a look at our Premiership cups.

Max Gruzewski

I think Max was pick 22?

Max Dear Watson
Moore Chol Ginnivan

Max is super low production and super low time on ground. He’s more a product for years in the future than next year.

Also he hasn’t really done anything to say he’d cost more than his draft pick. The second from the pies would be plenty

Yeah stuff that. I wouldn't trade weddle for trac straight swap.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Weddle and the fam wouldn’t want to go near the Dees full stop from what I have been told …….. after the less impressive interviews had leading up to his draft year! More than happy and impressed by Hawks during that process

Last edited:
He wouldn't play in the 2s.

From the side against North. Barrass replaces Frost, Magginess is replaced on wing by Weddle, battle replaces Weddle in backline. Perryman replaces Morrison.

Then you have Breust and Gunston who presumably don't play as much next year. So battle replaces Weddle who goes forward replacing Gunston and Perryman to wing.

Still have to get Day and Lewis into that 22 when fit as well. And possibly Ward moving forward.

If anything I’m playing Frost every day and releasing another bloke from our back 6 before I’m giving up salary cap space for Perryman after we’ve forked out for Barass and Battle.

Good problems to have and I’m obviously not around our player contracts and salaries to the point where I’d be able to make the call, but Perryman and his cash look like a surplus to me and a waste.

I think Max was pick 22?

Hawks have put in time and effort into Ward, Serong, HH, DGB and some of them have played 3 times the games Max has played, Some are in contract just like Max & have shown more.

So why is that our players are valued less than others?

Still have to get Day and Lewis into that 22 when fit as well. And possibly Ward moving forward.

If anything I’m playing Frost every day and releasing another bloke from our back 6 before I’m giving up salary cap space for Perryman after we’ve forked out for Barass and Battle.

Good problems to have and I’m obviously not around our player contracts and salaries to the point where I’d be able to make the call, but Perryman and his cash look like a surplus to me and a waste.
Sadly there will be injuries though, after the intra club and the extreme hit our key defensive unit took before the season started they have actually been relatively healthy all season outside of Will Day on each end and a drizzle of CJ soft tissue injuries.

Can’t just assume everyone will have the level of injury free run most have had this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back