Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A King brother would cost two firsts if they wanted to come (even the one who isn't kicking goals).

It's a short list of forwards who are worth it. Curnow, Darcy, probably Jamara, maybe Thilthorpe.

If we're talking a 50+ goal a year kpf who moves the needle, I don't see them out there. If we mean an experienced body to throw at teams or a young guy who sees more opportunity fighting for a spot at Hawthorn then I think things open up.
Sleepy mark will come up with something out of nowhere, I’m sure there is a guy stuck in the seconds somewhere that will be in brown and gold as the back up to Dear and Skaiffe as they develop

Jack Lukosius should be a target and is gettable. Swingman who is an excellent kick.

Sammy Mitchell would turn him into a star and reckon trading our future first next year - hoping 15 to 18 range will grease the deal.

Surplus to needs at Gold Dust town.

Jack Lukosius should be a target and is gettable. Swingman who is an excellent kick.

Sammy Mitchell would turn him into a star and reckon trading our future first next year - hoping 15 to 18 range will grease the deal.

He's a marshmallow.

Ginni > McCreery. I’d give up a lot for IQ though.
The club wouldn't. We don't need another back flanker, when Seamus, Bmac and Ryan are all at Box Hill biding their time.

Said same thing about Chol.

Under Mitchell he may become a hard boiled lolly SYL.

He has the talent and elite kicking skills.
Chol was never soft. He was inconsistent.

I wouldnt mind looking at him as a third tall option but he's not worth close to a first round pick,

Sleepy mark will come up with something out of nowhere, I’m sure there is a guy stuck in the seconds somewhere that will be in brown and gold as the back up to Dear and Skaiffe as they develop

Unfortunately there are no Chols kicking 50 VFL goals with no path to seniors.

Guys like Jefferson, Greuzewski or even Derksen could be interesting if they're cheap.

Patrick Voss is a 21 year old permanent FA now because he was delisted and always over performed in the 2s VFL and WAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget Membrey. We'll be playing Scaife soon as a back up KPF. He's ready as just like Chol / Dear all he has to do is play his role.
That's great but we are contenders we need more depth in that position. Chol, Gunston, Dear, Scaif and most weeks 3 of them are playing. So very little AFL ready depth. Gunston we cannot rely on every week he's played good, poor and not at all this year, we need 1 more who will be available to play their role at an acceptable level every week, even if that role is just to play when gunston doesn't. Getting Battle may be the solution that if we are down a forward, Battle or Sicily play forward not sure. But I think we need to add an AFL ready forward and defender. Though I think defence with Blank returning, McCabe emerging, we have Serong playing well and we could retain phillips and DGB if we like.

Legit, he plays a good game against WC and now he's worth a look :tearsofjoy:
I didn't raise him because he played well, but because I know his current situation. I am under no illusions that he'd hold a key spot for us, but will be a sold body who can bring the ball to ground if we have injuries.

I'm talking about minimum pay, de-listed free agent pickup who plays at Box Hill as 3rd or 4th in line behind Chol, Dear, Gunston, Ramden, Scaif while lewis is injured. Only Chol of those has been able to play every week. Think about what Simpkin, Tom Murphy and Cheney did for us during our three peat. They were not stars, nobody expected them to play every week or ahead of Hill, Smith, Breust, Sheils but when we had injuries we were able to keep winning because we brought in guys who had solid bodies and AFL experience.

I would offer a Billion dollars over a Trillion years for the Bont, as long as we back end the contract. :thumbsu:
Good business. With inflation and the growing salary cap a billion dollars will be nothing in a trillion years.

I didn't raise him because he played well, but because I know his current situation. I am under no illusions that he'd hold a key spot for us, but will be a sold body who can bring the ball to ground if we have injuries.

I'm talking about minimum pay, de-listed free agent pickup who plays at Box Hill as 3rd or 4th in line behind Chol, Dear, Gunston, Ramden, Scaif while lewis is injured. Only Chol of those has been able to play every week. Think about what Simpkin, Tom Murphy and Cheney did for us during our three peat. They were not stars, nobody expected them to play every week or ahead of Hill, Smith, Breust, Sheils but when we had injuries we were able to keep winning because we brought in guys who had solid bodies and AFL experience.
Why would Membrey do that though, coming to us to be 4th in line? Legit makes no sense for him and Membrey is not someone that will bring the ball to ground at all, he's 188cm and has always been a lead up forward not a pack crashing forward.

If he comes cheap (not trading a 1st) - I reckon we should go for it- could be a Gunston type in the right environment which we currently have. Lots had their doubts about Chol- we might back ourselves in to turn Lukosius around in the same fashion…

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back