Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, I follow Lana Rhoades and unfortunately that doesn’t mean I’am half a chance. We all just hope by doing so we’re in the running.
this one? I wish you luck, just checked there are a few in the running..... mind you if you want to know for certain you could ask the boys on Gettable. Personally i reckon your an 85% chance.
;)
1721896958060.png

What rating system was this based on?

It's hard to believe he has had a better season than Smith's 2021 campaign, never mind three of them.
Champion Data Player Ratings. You can follow the thread back, there's a chart.

I think the thing is, Bailey Smith had a good 2021 season, but he had an exceptional 2 finals leading up to the granny. That finals series colours a lot of what people think about Smith. The ratings from Champion Data include Smith's finals, but if you remove the 3 he played here are his averages across the regular season compared to the 3 higher rated from Worps:

Smith 2021Worpel 2019Worpel 2023Worpel 2024
Player Rating
Disposals
23.3​
26.5​
26.1​
22.1​
GBG
5.6​
8.8​
7.9​
7.6​
Clearances
3.1​
6.3​
6.5​
5.6​
Goals
0.4​
0.4​
0.4​
0.2​
Goal Assists
0.4​
0.5​
0.3​
1.1​
Score Involvements
5.4​
5​
5.5​
5.2​
% Score Involvements
22.6​
36​
27​
23.4​
Tackles
3.4​
4.9​
4​
4.2​

Champion Data's ratings system isn't perfect, obviously - but if you use it as a metric to judge Smith's 2021 season they would consider it the 9th best season of any current best 22 Hawk midfielder.

Keep in mind, this was in response to someone saying they'd be happy to give up Worpel and a future 2nd for Smith. Silly.

Think we dodged a bullet not getting Ben McKay

I think the thing is, Bailey Smith had a good 2021 season, but he had an exceptional 2 finals leading up to the granny. That finals series colours a lot of what people think about Smith. The ratings from Champion Data include Smith's finals, but if you remove the 3 he played here are his averages across the regular season compared to the 3 higher rated from Worps:

Player Rating
Disposals
23.3​
26.5​
26.1​
22.1​
GBG
5.6​
8.8​
7.9​
7.6​
Clearances
3.1​
6.3​
6.5​
5.6​
Goals
0.4​
0.4​
0.4​
0.2​
Goal Assists
0.4​
0.5​
0.3​
1.1​
Score Involvements
5.4​
5​
5.5​
5.2​
% Score Involvements
22.6​
36​
27​
23.4​
Tackles
3.4​
4.9​
4​
4.2​

Champion Data's ratings system isn't perfect, obviously - but if you use it as a metric to judge Smith's 2021 season they would consider it the 9th best season of any current best 22 Hawk midfielder.

Keep in mind, this was in response to someone saying they'd be happy to give up Worpel and a future 2nd for Smith. Silly.
Interesting they marginally rate his 23 year better than his current one. Eye test tells me this is his career best season

Collingwood are a huge chance of landing Barrass.
They've been into him from very early on and have been very public in saying they need a ready made replacement for Murphy and have made it clear they have no intention on improving through the draft and there preference is to bring in ready made experience.

There future 1st would be very tempting for West Coast.
They massively screwed up trading last year's future first, they'd be pretty brave/insane to try it again straight away.

Sent from my SM-F741B using Tapatalk

Interesting they marginally rate his 23 year better than his current one. Eye test tells me this is his career best season
Yeah I feel the same way, I think it's due to us being less midfield reliant this year. All of our mids are rated marginally lower than last year, but everything (except maybe Newc's form) feels better. Funny how that works!

They massively screwed up trading last year's future first, they'd be pretty brave/insane to try it again straight away.

They’ve committed to that course and it’s incredibly high risk they could be down the bottom for a long time. It’s the opposite of the tigers who if sensible this off season move at least 2 but up to 4 of baker Bolton Martin Rioli on and get a huge draft hand for next 2 years and fast track.

Player Rating
Disposals
23.3​
26.5​
26.1​
22.1​
GBG
5.6​
8.8​
7.9​
7.6​
Clearances
3.1​
6.3​
6.5​
5.6​
Goals
0.4​
0.4​
0.4​
0.2​
Goal Assists
0.4​
0.5​
0.3​
1.1​
Score Involvements
5.4​
5​
5.5​
5.2​
% Score Involvements
22.6​
36​
27​
23.4​
Tackles
3.4​
4.9​
4​
4.2​

Cheers. The bolded is exactly what has happened for me.

this one? I wish you luck, just checked there are a few in the running..... mind you if you want to know for certain you could ask the boys on Gettable. Personally i reckon your an 85% chance.
;)
View attachment 2058593
I hope she has Pittonet’s hand size…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to X, Bailey Smith and Roughie spent time together on Saturday night watching the Hawks smash the Pies. Even a picture of them together.
Would of thought he liked what he saw…

Collingwood are a huge chance of landing Barrass.
They've been into him from very early on and have been very public in saying they need a ready made replacement for Murphy and have made it clear they have no intention on improving through the draft and there preference is to bring in ready made experience.

There future 1st would be very tempting for West Coast.
Collingwood’s list is currently performing that Wil-e-coyote ‘running in mid air while being two feet over the edge of the cliff’ routine.

Of course they need to replace Murphy, but they also need to replace Pendlebury, Sidebum, Mitchell, Howe, etc etc.

If they trade a future pick for Barass their membership will be calling their Richmond supporter mates in unison for tips on where to hire a truck that can dump manure.

IMG_6497.jpeg

I would love to see collingwood trade in a 28 year old barrass for their f1 which could be a top 5 pick next year.
It’s like you’re about to jump off a cliff but somebody hands you a ladder so you can fall even further.

Got some good intel tonight that Barrass is a good chance to end up with us.

Bailey Smith is a no go, off to Geelong.

Got some good intel tonight that Barrass is a good chance to end up with us.

Bailey Smith is a no go, off to Geelong.
Battle + Barrass is good business.

Don't suppose you've heard whether we're shopping for a KPF or had back-up midfield targets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back