Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DGB has no value.

This. If you are proposing a trade including DGB you are essentially saying the trade is just whatever the other piece is. Not a shot at DGB - just the reality of his value.

DGB has no value.
at this point the second round pick might be seen more favorably sadly

as helpful as the Box Hill reports that Hawthorn put out are to many, every week saying we liked this about Denver but this this and this we want him to work on probably doesnt help

at this point the second round pick might be seen more favorably sadly

as helpful as the Box Hill reports that Hawthorn put out are to many, every week saying we liked this about Denver but this this and this we want him to work on probably doesnt help
We might need to move someone anyway to free some spots up.

I'll be honest that he will be involved if push came to shove

For Barrass something like
8, f2, DGB for
Barass 23 f3

On current picks and rating DGB as a token eagles 4th rounder that’s around pick 14. Maybe a little light but to me that’s the core of a deal. We still get 2 decent talents in a deep draft plus our KPD and hold our f1.

For Barrass something like
8, f2, DGB for
Barass 23 f3

On current picks and rating DGB as a token eagles 4th rounder that’s around pick 14. Maybe a little light but to me that’s the core of a deal. We still get 2 decent talents in a deep draft plus our KPD and hold our f1.
if they accept 8, f2 and DGB I cant see much if anything coming back

Definitely. He is the gravy in the KFC order

That's underselling the gravy a bit. The way KFC chips have rapidly declined in quality over the decades the gravy and breadroll is the superior side for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a 29 year old (1st game next year)! Madness. Pick 8 is as good as pick 1 this year. Throw a blanket over the top 10 in this draft.
not saying that isnt the case, but based on the hypothetical trade, they are getting a climb in the draft of 15 picks but not otherwise getting anything

in my opinion Hawks would attempt to bring in another pick in the first round between 14-20 to then send to them not pick 8. This could be splitting the pick or it could be trading a future pick into this year but pick 8 with 23 coming back wont get it done.

If you compare it to the key defender trades over the last say 10 years

• Jake Carlisle went to StKilda with Swans in the deal too but StKilda gave up 5 and 24 and got Carlisle and pick 14 but there was also later picks moved so Swans could match the Callum Mills bid
  • Jake Lever to Melbourne with picks 35 and a future 3rd for pick 10 and a future 1st and 4th
  • Steven May and Kade Kolojashnij to Dees for pick 6
  • Dougal Howard + Paddy Ryder + pick 10 and future 4th to St Kilda for picks 12 and 18 and a future 3rd
  • Aliir Aliir to Port for a future 2nd
  • Robbie Tarrant + pick 40 + a future 2nd to Tigers for Callum Coleman-Jones + picks 40, 42 and a future 4th
  • Esava Ratugolea to Port for picks 25, 76 and 93

Few points this raises, firstly not many key backs of this level get traded and secondly, a lot go for high picks. Yes most of these guys are younger but as you can see there very rarely is a slide back of only 15 picks for a guy.

Potato and Gravy. Small.

Gravy on it's own is actually excellent

There were Large were really large chips and small chips were small, now the small chips boxes are the large boxes and the small size are half that.

And if you shake the new large box it halves again and becomes a half empty box, of chips,

Which is like giving 2 x first for a 29 year old when we should be adding as much young talent as possible, so hopefully we don’t shake the list.

Few points this raises, firstly not many key backs of this level get traded and secondly, a lot go for high picks. Yes most of these guys are younger but as you can see there very rarely is a slide back of only 15 picks for a guy.
Yeah, while it may be nice if he was 26 or 27 instead, it's also Tom ****ing Barrass.

If it is doable for our 1st (mystery burger) + Collingwood 2nd rounder (dinner roll) + future 4th (wet wipe packet) for Barrass and their 3rd (gravy) then it deserves some consideration.

In short,
To Hawthorn:
Zinger Stacker Box (made 15 mins ago but still warm)
Gravy
Wet Wipes

To West Coast:
Mystery fresh burger (could even be a zinger stacker, could be one of the new shitty twisters)
Dinner roll

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back