Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This. If you are proposing a trade including DGB you are essentially saying the trade is just whatever the other piece is. Not a shot at DGB - just the reality of his value.
I think Dylan Stephens is a good guide as he was the same pick a year prior, and has shown a similarly small amount. I'm optimistic that DGB still has some value based on how broadly he was rated in his draft year. If we don't keep him, that is.

1000005839.jpg

Tell you what - finally not losing a free agent would be as big a win as St Kilda have had since ‘the streak’. Can’t wait for the 3 DVD box set ‘The Retention: How the Battle Was Won’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. If you are proposing a trade including DGB you are essentially saying the trade is just whatever the other piece is. Not a shot at DGB - just the reality of his value.
The best DGB has looked was playing forward for Box Hill when he kicked 4+5 goals in consecutive weeks.
You just don't do that if you don't have any talent or forward craft.

I believe this is his best bet at salvaging a career at AFL level.

The best DGB has looked was playing forward for Box Hill when he kicked 4+5 goals in consecutive weeks.
You just don't do that if you don't have any talent or forward craft.

I believe this is his best bet at salvaging a career at AFL level.

There is an abundance of VFL level players good enough to kick bags at that level that don't remotely have the talent or forward craft to make it at senior level though. Grimley for example.

How any player wouldn't want to come to what we have building, both on field and off field....
rocks in their head
Baz I can understand and likewise Perryman. Battle if he has decided to stay doesn't want to work for his spot and is happy with mediocrity. Be a disappointing outcome if it goes that way.

You only get 1 opportunity to join the most successful club in living history.

Anyone who doesn’t want in on what we are building, I don’t want either.

Good luck to them all, there will be others.

Baz I can understand and likewise Perryman. Battle if he has decided to stay doesn't want to work for his spot and is happy with mediocrity. Be a disappointing outcome if it goes that way.
Feels like ever since afl said they want more player movement, there’s been less of it actually. I guess none of us like change, it’s hard for people to move out of their comfort zone for $50-$100k a year which they could make with a help of high profile sponsor anyway.

And why do I get the feeling we will end up with no one and we will still have a war chest that is useless.
Just means a bigger war chest next year. Apparently players get approached by the club before season end to accept payments for next year in this year so carries forward the cap space to be spent next year.

You only get 1 opportunity to join the most successful club in living history.

Anyone who doesn’t want in on what we are building, I don’t want either.

Good luck to them all, there will be others.
Ross the Boss has given him the guilt trip I reckon. It's the way the guy operates. Be loyal even though I can't guarantee we will be successful and we are treading water you owe us kind of discussion.

Geez a lot of people on here overrating Barrass- if we’re offering a top 10 pick for him I’d be packing his bags if I was West Coast- he’s 29 years old with a long history of injuries and not playing in their next premiership… why on earth would we have to give up anything more than a 1st?? Just crazy talk

Last edited:
And why do I get the feeling we will end up with no one and we will still have a war chest that is useless.

With pick purchasing likely to come in and exciting young players to retain on long term deals - that war chest is the furthest thing from useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back