Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Burnt by the trading of Crazy Clarko.
I have a suspicion ( gut feel ) that the conversation between us and Barass is along the lines of “ we will do everything we can to get you across but there is limit to how much we will pay draft wise”

If WCE ask for too much we will walk away ala Peter Ladham when he was leaving PA - that was a great call as Ladham was nowhere near the first rounder that PA wanted and Sydney ended up paying

I have major concerns with his back issues but then again Lake looked shot before he came across to us in 2014 at pretty much the same age. Thing is we didn’t sell the farm for Lake. It was pretty much a second rounder and some loose change

I really hope that we can use our future first for Tom and stay in this years draft. With the pick we will end up with, we could well end up with the next Will Day

Have faith that the recruiting team will do the right thing - MM and his crew have hardly put a foot wrong since coming across

Barrass and Battle joining would make us the most versatile team in the Comp. Wouldn’t really have any real weaknesses (Maybe 1 gun inside mid short)

Frost takes the no1 key forward. Barrass takes the 2nd and Battle does the intercepting.

Weddle to a wing

Sicily to FF. He would easily kick 50 Goals next year. Dear and Chol can’t do it on their own
So exciting if this happens Siss started forward and he's amazing kick! I hope it happens!

Barass is 29 yrs old in October.
So he's 30 yrs old after one season with us (if we trade for him). If he gets a couple of injuries then Bob's your uncle.

Liam Jones is 33, May is 32, Gov is 32, Collins 30.. Key defenders take longer to reach their peak but they tend to stay near it longer.

Barrass will be 33 on grand final day in 2029, good time to retire on par with Lake with 3 flags and a norm smith medal.

Liam Jones is 33, May is 32, Gov is 32, Collins 30.. Key defenders take longer to reach their peak but they tend to stay near it longer.

Barrass will be 33 on grand final day in 2029, good time to retire on par with Lake with 3 flags and a norm smith medal.
People are talking about 1st and 2nd rd picks for him. Maybe I'm cheap but I dont think we are in the window to the extent that we can let picks 10 and 30 go out the door like that for a 30yr old. How does DGB fit into all of this. We are basically in this situation because he hasn't come on. Is he getting delisted? Rookied? I mean are we that thin down back after Battle comes in that we need to go chasing an expensive contracted 30yr old FB?

I wasn't arguing with your point, I agree that if both Curtin and Reid say they want to return home then the Weagles couldn't be talking out of both sides of their mouth.
They could run with “curtin not really required by crows given how he is used - palsy as sub and then sit in bench”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised at the lack of excitement over the possiblity of Sicily playing forward IF we land the Barrass/Battle double.

He's pushed forward a few times this year and scored multiple games on those occasions.
I’ve been pushing for Sicily to play forward for years.

50-60 goals no prob.

I just don’t wanna pay a first round pick for Barrass… unless we get something coming back in the way of a pick. Late second, early third round perhaps.

In this draft that would be decent value still.

Are you fabricating extreme scenarios just to play the victim?

Jfc

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Have you seen the scattering of those hand wringing over what our fixture is going to look like next season. People are so used to the rebuild years they are findings ways to remain miserable.

Barass is 29 yrs old in October.
So he's 30 yrs old after one season with us (if we trade for him). If he gets a couple of injuries then Bob's your uncle.

This is true of literally any player regardless of age. Should we never trade for a player ever again?

Barrass would be the best defender to change clubs since Steven May in 2018. There's no 'fitting him in'.

Right now we have to win games from the middle. With Barrass and Battle, we could win games from all thirds of the ground.

Surprised at the lack of excitement over the possiblity of Sicily playing forward IF we land the Barrass/Battle double.

He's pushed forward a few times this year and scored multiple games on those occasions.

It wouldn't need to be a permanent move, but can anybody tell me why this couldn't work?...

B. Hardwick Barrass Scrimshaw
HB. Amon Battle Impey
C. Weddle Day D'Ambrosio
HF. Moore Dear Sicily
F. Watson Chol Ginnivan
Sicily forward as a pinch hitter = very good.
Sicily forward permanently = not sold.

When he has spent extended time up there it doesn't feel like he has the impact. Maybe it's because he has only recently spent time there when things aren't going well, but I would much rather him further up the ground maybe on the wing where we can get better use out of his weapons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back