Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised at the lack of excitement over the possiblity of Sicily playing forward IF we land the Barrass/Battle double.

He's pushed forward a few times this year and scored multiple games on those occasions.

It wouldn't need to be a permanent move, but can anybody tell me why this couldn't work?...

B. Hardwick Barrass Scrimshaw
HB. Amon Battle Impey
C. Weddle Day D'Ambrosio
HF. Moore Dear Sicily
F. Watson Chol Ginnivan
Swap Hardwick and Sicily

This thread makes me wonder what I'm not seeing in Battle. Convinced many are only this wedded to the idea of getting him because it doesn't mean a trade.

View attachment 2065563
He's a very good player, who can swing forward if required. And only 25 (I think) so has 6-8yrs to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a very good player, who can swing forward if required. And only 25 (I think) so has 6-8yrs to play.
Most he's kicked is 3 goals in a game, 12 in a season. This is part of the reason why I'm confused. It doesn't feel like a serious use for him.

Dusty, Baker, Bolton and Rioli.

All likely to be gone come seasons end.

Couple of tough years ahead at Tiger land.

They are lucky they’ve timed their bottoming out just prior Tassie coming in. Possibly back to back #1 picks coming up.

Sicily forward as a pinch hitter = very good.
Sicily forward permanently = not sold.

When he has spent extended time up there it doesn't feel like he has the impact. Maybe it's because he has only recently spent time there when things aren't going well, but I would much rather him further up the ground maybe on the wing where we can get better use out of his weapons.
We're at the point in which other players can do what Sicily does quite well, at least well enough, that we can afford Sicily as a forward. Dam, it might just be essential for us to win a premiership next year.

I'd love it if we go there playing mostly as we are, then shifted him as a high/CH-forward as a wildcard in the finals.

We're at the point in which other players can do what Sicily does quite well, at least well enough, that we can afford Sicily as a forward. Dam, it might just be essential for us to win a premiership next year.

I'd love it if we go there playing mostly as we are, then shifted him as a high/CH-forward as a wildcard in the finals.
Yes but I would rather Sicily in his best role than a player worse than Sicily in his role, and Sicily playing another role worse.

Most he's kicked is 3 goals in a game, 12 in a season. This is part of the reason why I'm confused. It doesn't feel like a serious use for him.
Swinging forward to bag 3 in a game every now & then is pretty handy. I don't think anyone sees him playing as a Forward, but I like the ability to drift forward during games

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back