Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What I noticed today is the Cats defence is looking average, Crows getting out the back of a Cats defence time and again is unheard of. Baz is picking the wrong club is my point. Cats are an arrogant club playing Bowes sub and playing guys like Tuohy. If I was going to pay 2 firsts I would be talking to Tiges re Balta not Barrass. Barrass I think is good but can’t overpay. If Battle wants to stay at Saints for a pay day instead of success he will regret it
He is picking the right club if he wants to be number 1 in the midfield .
He won't get that with us .

We should be all in on Noah Balta. He is a free agent next year, it's almost certain he will not re sign and stick through there 10year rebuild. Might as well cough up draft capital for him now, he would want to come and Tigers you would think are happy with another pick inside the top 15. He is at a great age profile and would really slot in perfectly into our FB position.
I really hope we make this move and are at least getting into Baltas ear from now.
They won't let him go this year .

They have Bolton wanting to head west with Rioli wanting to get to GC . Both these most likely will happen.
Both contracted which will land then multiple first rounders .
They'll also lose Baker and Dusty .
That'll get them 5 early picks .

I would target him as a FA next year assuming we get Barrass in ( and miss Battle )

What I noticed today is the Cats defence is looking average, Crows getting out the back of a Cats defence time and again is unheard of. Baz is picking the wrong club is my point. Cats are an arrogant club playing Bowes sub and playing guys like Tuohy. If I was going to pay 2 firsts I would be talking to Tiges re Balta not Barrass. Barrass I think is good but can’t overpay. If Battle wants to stay at Saints for a pay day instead of success he will regret it

I’m amazed Geelong aren’t into Barrass also would help they average backline and they like a group of older players.

A no brainer for Barass to choose the Hawks over staying at the Eagles
1. A crack at a flag
2. Prolong his career (far less travel and plays his home games on the 2 best surfaces in the AFL
3. More money and a longer contract
4. Have more fun
Don't forget the experience he has. Great to pass onto McCabe

The Hawks have not created a brand new full time role for big Rough to swan around coffee shops and steak houses for nothing to happen.

I agree with some of the previous posts on here.

It seems to me that we are either being played more than a piano by player managers year after year with these “big names” we are right into, and then something changes at the last minute or we just have zero idea on how to actually close a deal!!!!
Not enough consideration that it is intentional from our end,

• we would likely have the best intel on other clubs salary spend
  • we drive up the price allowing other players to fall out
  • we have a knack for seemingly loosing a really expensive player at the last minute
(this part is key, can’t overspend)
- when we do win a player it generally isn’t because we have the highest bid, they want to win flags/finals over top dollar

To be the club the player uses to drive value up is great, if you know how to play the game, and over the last few years it is obvious we are doing a great job

I’ve always thought it’s Baz, barass looks likely but I don’t think we over pay at trade, battle I can see why the saints kept upping their price, they can’t afford to loose him

(As a side topic, I wonder if the club tracks the free media we get due to being in ongoing player discussion and if that is used for additional weighting for sponsors)

I’m amazed Geelong aren’t into Barrass also would help they average backline and they like a group of older players.
He's too young for them.

Except it isn't. Not that I'm disagreeing with the meat of your post but we don't know anything about the negotiations. You saying 'we understand' means only that understanding came from footy journos and gossip-mongers.
Good faith? How do we know? I'm sure I'm not the only guy who's been headhunted by another employer and even though i had no intention of moving i at least listened to their offer.
For all we know there may never have been any concrete suggestion that Battle was actually considering moving.
Nailed it Maz.

A lot of us are getting a bit worked up over how this has transpired - but Journos exaggerate and dramatise everything. They also make up salaries and ridiculous trade scenarios and costs.

Battle is a free agent. Hawks were into him early.
The whole thing has been reported very similarly to the Mackay situation last year - with all the salary speculation and compo speculation etc. Difference being last year Essendon got the player and celebrated, this year the player stays put.

Fans take it bit personally that they were led on by a player - but it really just means we got our hopes up without being close enough to really know how it was tracking.

These are big life decisions for players - of course they take a long time to make them, and of course staying where they are is a valid choice. Good on him if it works out

Why would Geelong need him??
They have SDK, J Henry, Kolo, Z Guthrie and Stewart. They're absolutely stacked back there.
Two of those guys basically have to play split roles now though . SDK and Stewart .
Kolo is solid but death wobbling a bit .

So they certainly could use him . Without intel I would guess Sam's relationship with him is the ace in the pack here .
Plus the Cats would be all in getting mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two of those guys basically have to play split roles now though . SDK and Stewart .
Kolo is solid but death wobbling a bit .

So they certainly could use him . Without intel I would guess Sam's relationship with him is the ace in the pack here .
Plus the Cats would be all in getting mids.
Cats are spending their first on Baz. It's locked.

I'm so interested to see who we've got cooking in the background.

Last year we were publicly linked to Mackay, Ratagulea, Henry, - ended up with Chol, Ginni and D'Ambrosio
This year we are publicly linked to Battle, Baz and Barass - we will end up with.....?

In terms of mids it's so hard to know who is available and who would actually make a difference. I like the sound of chasing LDU but not sure if he would add the point of difference we are looking for.

Last year we were publicly linked to Mackay, Ratagulea, Henry, - ended up with Chol, Ginni and D'Ambrosio
This year we are publicly linked to Battle, Baz and Barass - we will end up with.....?

In terms of mids it's so hard to know who is available and who would actually make a difference. I like the sound of chasing LDU but not sure if he would add the point of difference we are looking for.
tbf last year we were linked to Chol as well for quite a while, will definitely be interesting to see if there are any big surprises in the background though for sure.

Hmm not so sure. I am getting the feeling the Puppies are happy to cut the Bazlenka cord and move on.

Lets be honest, Baz has had some off field issues!!!!
He’s not the only player who has had issues. We have all seen what a new team and environment can do wonders for players. I’am spewing we’re gonna get him. Would have been a perfect fit

I've been thinking like this the whole time. I have a feeling and I really hope it's Noah Balta. I've watched Richmond games over the last few weeks, he has looked so frustrated and his domina looks like he's checked out. I hope his just waiting to tell the Tiges he wants to head down to the Hawks and be a part of our domination. I would be more than happy to offer a future 1st + 2x second rounders for him. Other than Sam Taylor (who is off the table) he would be the next best pick up for us to complete the puzzle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back