Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What sort of message does it send to the players if you don’t choose your best performed backman this year?
Frost is severely underrated here and is a lock even if we get Battle and Barrass

The club plays for premierships. If form warrants selection Mitchell has shown he will play them. Either way it's a good problem to have and we are building some serious depth.

Scrim barrass hardwick
Impey battle sicily

That is a scary backline

The names look good on paper, but I have a few questions.

Where does the overlapping run come from? Who generally plays four tall forwards? Are we expecting Sicily, Scrimshaw or Battle to take one of the opposition's small forwards?

Mitchell moved one of the best wingmen in the competition to the HBF because he wanted run generated from behind. He has Weddle running up the field at every opportunity too.

I'd love to see us bring in both of them, but I doubt Mitchell is going to change his vision for the backline after one pretty successful season.

I’m pretty sure Topiary and Tyler Duerden are the same person. Strikingly similar use of language and grammar.
This is an actual picture of Tyler and Tops in the same room. Rumour has it that they might or might not be the same person. Oh and FWIW TylerDurden said that he’s the one with the six pack 😂

IMG_6992.jpeg

The names look good on paper, but I have a few questions.

Where does the overlapping run come from? Who generally plays four tall forwards? Are we expecting Sicily, Scrimshaw or Battle to take one of the opposition's small forwards?

Mitchell moved one of the best wingmen in the competition to the HBF because he wanted run generated from behind. He has Weddle running up the field at every opportunity too.

I'd love to see us bring in both of them, but I doubt Mitchell is going to change his vision for the backline after one pretty successful season.
We aren’t recruiting them to play at Box Hill

Having Frost, Blanck, and Serong as ready to go back up is excessive, especially as McCabe will be knocking on the door for a debut next season.

Must move on 2 of 3 and recruit a much younger KPP for the sake of list balance.

I would suggest if Battle and Barrass come on board it will be Phillips and DGB who make way before the 4 you mentioned.

Frost, Blanck, Serong, McCabe as depth and/or fighting for a start to me is not excessive, especially as three of them are still under 24. Injuries are bound to happen. We need this level of capable plug and play depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest if Battle and Barrass come on board it will be Phillips and DGB who make way before the 4 you mentioned.

Frost, Blanck, Serong, McCabe as depth and/or fighting for a start to me is not excessive, especially as three of them are still under 24. Injuries are bound to happen. We need this level of capable plug and play depth.
I already assumed they'd be gone.

Frost is beyond the point of being a back-up.
He's one of the best stoppers in the league.

Serong is bursting to play seniors and I'd be surprised if he doesn't initiate a trade.
There's not much more he could do at BH.

Blanck and McCabe are my choices to remain, but I think Frost will too.
Perhaps for one more season, that's not a bad thing.

Would frost hold any trade currency this year? He’s played his best year of AFL footy of his career. Be good to sell high. But I’m not sure how much value he would have given his age.

Silly question, but for those who know more about Barass than I, what are the qualities that make him superior to Frost’s form this year. More contested marking?

Would frost hold any trade currency this year? He’s played his best year of AFL footy of his career. Be good to sell high. But I’m not sure how much value he would have given his age.

Silly question, but for those who know more about Barass than I, what are the qualities that make him superior to Frost’s form this year. More contested marking?
Maybe counter-weight in Barrass trade, if it happens.

West Coast would be happy to have someone fill that role competently while netting a first round pick.

Would we have a look at someone like Joel Jeffrey? Also dropped from suns side by Hardwick. Has heaps of talent and can play forward (3rd tall) and back more recently so has flexibility that Sam likes (although hard to fit him in our backline). Needs a few extra kgs but put him on the Gunston / dear hardcore development program and he could be the 3rd tall up forward we lack.

Would we have a look at someone like Joel Jeffrey? Also dropped from suns side by Hardwick. Has heaps of talent and can play forward (3rd tall) and back more recently so has flexibility that Sam likes (although hard to fit him in our backline). Needs a few extra kgs but put him on the Gunston / dear hardcore development program and he could be the 3rd tall up forward we lack.
While Sam wants flexibility he also wants quality.

What sort of message does it send to the players if you don’t choose your best performed backman this year?
Frost is severely underrated here and is a lock even if we get Battle and Barrass
Its pretty scrim barrassing that he keeps getting left out.

I think we are interested in the kid in the forward pocket. Starts with a G and he is a “local”.
I completely misread this and thought you said Starts with a G and rhymes with "local".

I then spent more time than I care to admit looking through their list for somebody named Gocal...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back