Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This side with Barrass and Battle in it.....so exciting to think about what that allows the likes of Sicily and Weddle to do. No brainer imo to give our first for Barrass.

Find another KPF in the next year or 2 and we are pretty set.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

I have to say it stings me a bit giving up a first for someone who is 29 and we could have got for free a few years ago but when you bundle it together with battle and the fact that we look like finishing higher than expected pick 12 for both Battle and Barrass doesn’t sound bad at all.

Exactly. Save our salary cap this year. Front end contracts and go bang next year to offer a genuine game changer $15mill over 10 years at the end of 2025.

Mac Andrew > Barrass + Battle

You don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. If Barrass wants to come then you take that chance. There’s little chance Gold Coast let Mac Andrew go.

Still on a high from that result and gushing over our recruiting. Quick straw poll. Rank our recruits the past two seasons.

Chol
Dambrosio
Ginnivan
Meek

My ranking is ….

3. Chol
1. Dambrosio
4. Ginnivan
2. Meek

Weddle, Frenchie, Wiz and Calsher don't like this post

GC don’t have a choice when he is out of contract.

So, you’d say no to a sure thing in favour of a player who could re-sign anyway or would attract a bidding war we are entirely possible to lose. Not exactly a list management approach that would inspire me with confidence.

Agree, if we get Battle that’s enough to help our flexibility. Keep investing in the draft and target KPF.
We are fast approaching our Premiership window in fact some would argue we are there now. We need a ready to go KPD now not in a few years time.

Barass will fill that need giving us time to further develop our KPD stocks.

We are fast approaching our Premiership window in fact some would argue we are there now. We need a ready to go KPD now not in a few years time.

Barass will fill that need giving us time to further develop our KPD stocks.
There was high hopes for the Crows this year after the season last year,Let’s not drink our own bath water just yet.
If Barrass wants to come then get it done but I hope we don’t overpay and we end like the Crows next year!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC don’t have a choice when he is out of contract.
They do, actually. Being out of contract doesn't mean you can go wherever. GC still needs to trade him for him to go anywhere. Unless he likes Richmond.

So, you’d say no to a sure thing in favour of a player who could re-sign anyway or would attract a bidding war we are entirely possible to lose. Not exactly a list management approach that would inspire me with confidence.
I’d say no to a first round pick for a 29 year old. There are several game changers out of contract at the end of 2025. Mac Andrew was just one possible.

Last edited:
I’d say no to a first round pick for a 29 year old. There are several game changers out of contract at the end of 2025. Mac Andrew was just one possible.

Well I am glad our list management team think differently. If you can get a vital piece you get them. A late first rounder, given the age profile of our list and the fact we hold Collingwood's second rounder, would be an easy thing to part with. This isn't crazy Vossy or stubborn Clarko stuff. We have missed out on so many bidding wars of late - if we have quality saying 'I want a piece of that' then bring them on board.

Well I am glad our list management team think differently. If you can get a vital piece you get them. A late first rounder, given the age profile of our list and the fact we hold Collingwood's second rounder, would be an easy thing to part with. This isn't crazy Vossy or stubborn Clarko stuff. We have missed out on so many bidding wars of late - if we have quality saying 'I want a piece of that' then bring them on board.
Hopefully we end up with a very late first rounder

Hopefully what ever we do with our first pick we try to pick up some bargains with our later picks like we did with D’Ambrosio around the same age.

I’d like to see a list of un contracted young player around 20/21 not getting games our are in and out of there sides.

There was high hopes for the Crows this year after the season last year,Let’s not drink our own bath water just yet.
If Barrass wants to come by then get it done but I hope we don’t overpay and we end like the Crows next year!
Only an idiot would've thought the Cows to be on the up at the end of last season. Their list is average & their 2023 performance was driven by players in the wrong demographic.

We are positioned very differently. And, our list has a glaring hole.

I'm not for over-paying; not by any stretch, but a Full Back (big guy that plays tall to complement the stopper-type of Frost) is a MUST if we're to challenge next year. Barrass is that kind of Full Back & he's seemingly available.

We just have to get it done.

Barrass needs to make his mind up and STICK to it.

Watching the Swans the other night got
me thinking they will be all over him again as he would make them so much stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back