Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We are fast approaching our Premiership window in fact some would argue we are there now. We need a ready to go KPD now not in a few years time.

Barass will fill that need giving us time to further develop our KPD stocks.
Maybe, but a first rounder for a 30 year old even as solid as Barass doesn’t sit that well with me especially if we land Battle.

Let MM cook 🔥 will bring it down to one first. Same guy who got us d'ambrosio for pick 61 + F4 and ginnivan for breadcrumbs.
We could have got Mass for free.
Collingwood were desperate to give Ginnivan away and Wright is a decent operator in those circumstances.

Gold Coast pushed Chol out and still got a future 2nd for him.

We gave up Burton, a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder for Chad who Port pushed out.

Last edited:
Collingwood were desperate to give Ginnivan away and Wright is a decent operator in those circumstances.

Gold Coast pushed Chol out and still got a future 2nd for him.

We gave up Burton, a first rounder and a 2nd rounder for Chad who Port pushed out.

Who pissed in your cornflakes

We also got that future 2nd that we gave to GC from Brisbane for Ryan who was a midseason pick, so we turned a midseason pick into Chol.

Got Ginni and upgraded our 2nd

Traded a meaningless pick which we weren't gonna use to bring in Massimo so he wouldn't have to wait to become a Hawk and repay his loyalty for wanting to come to us.

Who pissed in your cornflakes

We also got that future 2nd that we gave to GC from Brisbane for Ryan who was a midseason pick, so we turned a midseason pick in Chol.

Got Ginni and upgraded our 2nd.

Traded a meaningless pick which we weren't gonna use to bring in Massimo so he wouldn't have to wait to become a Hawk and repay his loyalty for wanting to come to us.
Absolutely stoked how the trade period turned out now that the players have turned out so well. But we could have really used the future 2nd we used on Chol and should have got him cheaper than Carlton got Hollands for. History shows we pay overs to get trades done.

Absolutely stoked how the trade period turned out now that the players have turned out so well. But we could have really used the future 2nd we used on Chol and should have got him cheaper than Carlton got Hollands for. History shows we pay overs to get trades done.
The Suns were happy to keep Chol, they wanted Hollands gone. More than Hawthorn were chasing Chol and Ginnivan the same cant be said for Hollands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Tim English extension to stay with Dogs to be announced soon I suggested earlier today that maybe Reeves could be a fallback option for the Eagles and could be worked into the Barrass trade. Worth noting that the ruck market has totally dried up with almost all 2nd option rucks extending to stay. I think it’s worth a watch especially if we can pluck a back up ruck from either the VFL, WAFL or SANFL.

I think with the success we have had with undervalued fringe players, I’d hope we are looking at similar options again. But Barrass and then maybe Battle as free agent seem the big pieces
Something also to factor in is that Sicily is toughing it out with the shoulder injury that will need surgery after we win the grand final (LOL). Seriously though (yes I was serious) just imagine how awesome our back six will be with Barrass + Battle (if we get both) along with a fully fit Sicily actually being able to contest plays physically like he normally does which he's clearly holding back a bit from. He'll be able to roam free all day long until we build a 10 goal lead and then go have a run in the forward line for the last 7-8 mins of games.

The last time Barrass played on Curnow he had 9 goals kicked on him.

Barrass is not saving us if our mids don’t turn up and put in a shift, and we won’t need him if they do.

I’d rather spend the draft capital on a player who can plug into our midfield with 8-10 years ahead of him.

This is an expensive and unnecessary punt on a 29 year old w a dodgy back.

Hope it falls through.

Maybe, but a first rounder for a 30 year old even as solid as Barass doesn’t sit that well with me especially if we land Battle.
Barrass is 6-8 months younger than Sicily, but you'd pay a 1st Rounder for Sicily, right? Sicily the more complete player, but Barrass is elite at what he does & we don't have anyone else on the list that can play that role. Hell, we don't even have anyone in the Coaching Staff that knows how to play the FB role (personally) so there's on-field & off-field scope for development there.

If Barrass can give us 3yrs of 17+ games of elite FB footy then he's an absolute bargain at 1x 1st Round Pick. Especially if we can front load his contract so that his last 2yrs are on minimum chips.

Our first is the starting point for Barrass. It may also involve token pick swaps, or a fringe player, but it will get done.
Barrass is the exact type of defender we need, that will complement the rest of our versatile and dynamic defensive unit.

DGB to West Coast does make perfect sense, as he's more likely to get an opportunity in a young Eagles team with plenty of spots up for grabs.

As for Petracca, he's an absolute jet but we are no chance of bringing him in without sacrificing some of our best players. Simply not worth it. As a team we are on an upward trajectory with plenty of improvement still to come. This is where we can identify missing pieces and target them, just like we have with Barrass.

It's more about what makes trade sense rather than where he's from.

West Coast need young talent and are losing a KPD, DGB is young and a KPD that can't get a game. Just makes sense in a trade.
He still needs to want to go. We can't trade him against his will.

You’re being absurd now. We effectively got Ginnivan for some pick swaps - including what might end up as an upgrade this year. And we got Mass done for picks we weren’t going to use anyway.

With the Tim English extension to stay with Dogs to be announced soon I suggested earlier today that maybe Reeves could be a fallback option for the Eagles and could be worked into the Barrass trade. Worth noting that the ruck market has totally dried up with almost all 2nd option rucks extending to stay. I think it’s worth a watch especially if we can pluck a back up ruck from either the VFL, WAFL or SANFL.
Post COVID not many young people want to move their life away from their friends and family. If we try and move Ned to WA he would just ask for a trade to a VIC team or just decide to stay as a contracted player and fight for his spot.

You’re being absurd now. We effectively got Ginnivan for some pick swaps - including what might end up as an upgrade this year. And we got Mass done for picks we weren’t going to use anyway.
The Ginnivan trade was one of the all time greats.

You know if Mass was the other way around DoDo would have just waited and got him for free. I am very comfortable that we looked after him and got the trade done when we did. Essendon didn’t even use the pick they got last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back