Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrass vs Petracca is not merely a KPD vs Mid.
Petracca is top 1-2 player in the league over the last 5 seasons.

A match winner of his calibre, even without getting Battle, would make Barrass completely unnecessary.
I would respectfully, know not the best forum for respect but hey lets give it a go, disagree. Petracca is a very good mid with average disposal, he's a better forward mid but still with average disposal. Thats Melbourne's problems throughout, you have an entire brigade of mids who are not great kicks under no pressure but drop significantly when under pressure.

Worpel is our worst kick and even he has made strides this year, never going to be elite but he no longer takes stupid risks for kicks he can't make. If you look at Mass/Sis/Scrim they can all hit those ridiculous kicks at over 70%, we need fast feet and great users.

For mine Newc is younger and a better user than Petracca, not saying he will have same trajectory just that he is similar vein with better disposal.

Gary Pert came out and said “it’s the best culture he has ever seen” and then David Schwarz has just said he has seen the current playing group messing up on a pre season trip with his own two eyes.

Petracca is not stupid. He is basically putting the acid on Melbourne right now saying shape up quick smart or I will be shipping out.

There have been rumours in the past about Goody indulging with the players which he has strongly denied. Good luck cracking the whip now if any of that stuff was true.

Last edited:
I don't think Mitch gets it done tbh. He is a banged up 26yo FF with all the promise in the world but whose body has (so far) not let him show it consistently.

For a club like Melbourne, letting Trac go now is basically saying it is rebuild time so a FF who will realistically be 31/32 (if he is still playing then) by the time they are pushing finals isn't the highest priority I'd guess.

It would take at a minimum a top 5 pick another first and a good young player (Ward/French) to get a trade through I'd think

If Jack Viney leaves as North Melbourne are asking the question things might get very interesting.

Lets face it if everyone is jumping ship only $$$$ would make anyone want to go there.

Max Gawn is only a few years away from retiring and May the same.

A world of pain is coming to the Dees.

The circuit breaker here is getting rid of Goodwin.

Although Pert is very weak and very much jobs for the boys type.

Re Tom Barrass

What do we know?
1)Considering requesting a trade to Melbourne to be close to his sister.
2)Hawthorn has 5 years on the table .

I mentioned 2 weeks back everyone will need to take a deep breath.

IF or when he requests a trade this will go all the way to the trade deadline.

Eagles will huff and puff and say he is contracted and unless we get two first round picks we are not moving him and will also pull the, he has asked to get back to Melbourne to be with his family snd we will look to find the best deal possible in Melbourne not necessarily Hawthorn.

Hawthorn will offer a first round pick and a player and this will go on and on in the media and give trade radio two weeks of talk back material.

This trade is not going through early in the period. The journos crying out for multiple first round picks are off their heads and if another club comes with two first round picks then we fold our hand and move on.

Re Tom Barrass

What do we know?
1)Considering requesting a trade to Melbourne to be close to his sister.
2)Hawthorn has 5 years on the table .

I mentioned 2 weeks back everyone will need to take a deep breath.

IF or when he requests a trade this will go all the way to the trade deadline.

Eagles will huff and puff and say he is contracted and unless we get two first round picks we are not moving him and will also pull the, he has asked to get back to Melbourne to be with his family snd we will look to find the best deal possible in Melbourne not necessarily Hawthorn.

Hawthorn will offer a first round pick and a player and this will go on and on in the media and give trade radio two weeks of talk back material.

This trade is not going through early in the period. The journos crying out for multiple first round picks are off their heads and if another club comes with two first round picks then we fold our hand and move on.
Hawthorn have 4 years on the table

Bad start

Will get done early

This years trade period will have a lot of firsts (in terms of things occuring)

ANB is the first

Petracca is not stupid. He is basically putting the acid on Melbourne right now saying shape up quick smart or I will be shipping out.
Outing myself a touch here, but I am a few months older than Trac, did my auskick with him and played junior footy with him for a couple years before he changed clubs, grew up in the same suburb etc.

All the professionalism stuff you see about him is all true, he is a really high character guy, humble and kind to others, the kind of guy you'd want dating your daughter/sister. Complete opposite of a sizable chunk of their playing group + their coach.

Basically I am saying from my (limited and anecdotal) experience, the line I have quoted is almost certainly the case, and I wouldn't put it past him to ask for a move if there are not some massive changes made at Melbourne.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire, and this story has refused to go away for months now despite the Dees being irrelevant. Someone is leaking it. Either it's his manager or someone at the club has leaked his private comments made to staffers at the Dees. Both options are bad for them.

I think it's a genuine ultimatum.

Outing myself a touch here, but I am a few months older than Trac, did my auskick with him and played junior footy with him for a couple years before he changed clubs, grew up in the same suburb etc.

All the professionalism stuff you see about him is all true, he is a really high character guy, humble and kind to others, the kind of guy you'd want dating your daughter/sister. Complete opposite of a sizable chunk of their playing group + their coach.

Basically I am saying from my (limited and anecdotal) experience, the line I have quoted is almost certainly the case, and I wouldn't put it past him to ask for a move if there are not some massive changes made at Melbourne.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire, and this story has refused to go away for months now despite the Dees being irrelevant. Someone is leaking it. Either it's his manager or someone at the club has leaked his private comments made to staffers at the Dees. Both options are bad for them.

I know nothing about the trade aspect but concur with your comments about his character. Have met him several times through his partner and everything I hear about him, through those who know him well, is that he's a person of the highest character. Gives everyone time and is exactly the sort of character you'd want at your club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know nothing about the trade aspect but concur with your comments about his character. Have met him several times through his partner and everything I hear about him, through those who know him well, is that he's a person of the highest character. Gives everyone time and is exactly the sort of character you'd want at your club.

Yep. The reason my mate spoke to Petracca about the Hawks was he was on shift driving the Truck around (learning and training with the Fire Truck). The trainer is family friends with the Petracca family and it was over the Xmas period and they had no jobs to do so they stopped by to show the Family the Truck etc.

Trac then spent nearly an hour with them discussing life and football plus showing genuine interest in all of them and tried to invite them all in (all the guys except 1 were absolute strangers to him) for food and drinks etc. Anyway after they drove off, 3 absolute grown Men were gushing and fangirling about what a person Petracca was and have now all developed serious Man crushes on him since haha.

Sounds like a great person & character. Imagine Melbourne fumbling him.

Made me chuckle thinking about the worlds most professional Auskicker. Getting strapping and rub downs done and not eating any lollies or fast food just super foods

Alex Neal-Bullen leaving is a big deal culturally for Melbourne. Apparently he's their Dylan Moore. Hardest worker and one of the standard setters.

Looks like the wheels are falling off.

One or both of Clarry and Goodwin need to be moved on or it could really send them back to 2013 levels within a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back