Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

According to this, he's in our NGA:

HAWTHORN-LINKED BEAST IS ALMOST BACK

The midfielder who has become known as ‘The Beast from the East’ is closing in on a surprise return to the field.
Eastern Ranges onballer Cody Anderson has made good progress in his recovery from a Syndesmosis injury and is eyeing a final-round return against the Northern Knights on August 24.

A member of Hawthorn’s Next Generation Academy, Anderson has been sidelined with the injury since briefly featuring in Vic Metro’s third match of the under-18 national championships against South Australia on June 30.
Awesome news, weird that the article announcing the invitations to the draft combine dont have him listed as our NGA player, although it’s pretty on brand for the AFL to have no fckn clue what’s going on with NGA’s until the day before the draft

I don't see how we could pull off trades for both Smith and Barrass.

IMO we moved on to Barrass once Smith confirmed he wants to go to Geelong.

I think its the reverse. Hawthorn cooled on Smith when it became clear that Nash and Worpel were having career years. Worpel's year has been better than any season Smith has ever had.

They realised some time ago that Smith didnt fill a pressing need. Spending 2 years of picks on a player who we dont need as much is bad business, what if Andrew became available and we didn't have the capital because of spending it on Smith?

I think they do have the capital to get Barrass and Smith, Im just not sure they want to do it any more.

Smith wanted the Hawks. If he has indeed shifted to preferring Geelong, its because we are not chasing him hard any more.

Claz has already been put in for surgery today. They'd seen enough.
Gary Lyon mentioned On the Couch the other night that his hand is mangled. By that I assume that he has broken it along with some fingers. His ridiculous form decline just makes no sense to me whatsoever. Yes there's the rumoured issues with substance abuse but that alone still doesn't explain what's happen to him. Look I don't ever want to see him in Hawthorn colours but I won't be surprised to see him bounce back next season.

More than just our hands

View attachment 2079093
Ma Gloves GIF by MediaAttack

Question to the posters of this lovely thread…

If we entered preseason with Serong, Reeves, Morrison and Ward in other colors…and no first Round pick for 2025…

But we had Barass, Battle, Smith and Cody Anderson on the list, would you be ok with it?
Are asking a question or for our approval? 😂

If we entered preseason with Serong, Reeves, Morrison and Ward in other colors…and no first Round pick for 2025…

But we had Barass, Battle, Smith and Cody Anderson on the list, would you be ok with it?

Who wouldn’t be? Just how on earth this would get done is another story.
Barass would have to involve a first, Battle a FA, Baz is also a first. I don’t think the dogs would even be bothered coming to the table with any of those players coming back the other way. Sam Power a shrewd operator.

Excerpt from the Box Hill website when Cody Anderson debuted this year saying he is part of our academy.
Keep in mind there's 2 parts to the NGA. For the HFC to have priority access to him he'll need to meet the criteria under part 2. I'm sure Newmo89 will confirm this for us if he does / doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wouldn’t be? Just how on earth this would get done is another story.
Barass would have to involve a first, Battle a FA, Baz is also a first. I don’t think the dogs would even be bothered coming to the table with any of those players coming back the other way. Sam Power a shrewd operator.
Dogs love our scraps.

corgi GIF

Yes

Morrison UFA wouldn't net us much, Serong and Reeves have some potential but not much value. Losing Ward would sting but Smith is a clear upgrade and fits our midfield unit more.

Tom Barass out again this week with back and a hamstring strain.

Christian Petracca doesn't fit our age profile but Barass who is older and looking more like an old man each day, does?

Tom Barass out again this week with back and a hamstring strain.

Christian Petracca doesn't fit our age profile but Barass who is older and looking more like an old man each day, does?
They're holding him out. They can't afford for him to cop an injury and I won't be surprised if he doesn't get a farewell game in the last round.

Anderson might be a decent player, but even if he’s not NGA he’ll probably be available late in the draft for us to pick. He’s not tipped to go top 40.

Selling him as being a major bonus is a bit much.

If the club is happy to trade Ward and Reeves out I imagine they know better than me. Serong should go, he’s too good for VFL and we’re bringing in two more in front of him.

First mention of Smith in a while, he seems to be already down the coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back