Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Or this off season.

This Baz to Geelong stuff just seems to be people repeating what they have heard of each other. Its a circle.

What I have mentioned hasn't come from anyone on here. It might sound like it's a circle, because that is what has happened (edit: apparently).

Smith has chosen Geelong and we have seemingly moved on to other targets (Barrass and Perryman) after this was made apparent to us.

Last edited:

if this happened the half forward line of

Jiath Chol Andrew

would be the laziest most laconic and laksadasical half forward line in the history of the game - there would be posters on this site whose head would explode. Also Peter Dutton might try to relocate us to Khartoom (still be pretty exciting to watch - Luke Darcy would definitely break the record for the number of times "athletic" was said in an AFL broadcast

In all seriousness if this happened - it would be awesome - given he beat Essendon with a kick after the siren - Hawthorn already runs through his veins
Is he a Hawks supporter?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We could find if we trade out our first to WC then what ever we go to the draft with we may trade up to get a player we want.

Ward and Reeves on the table?
Could well be - with Ramsden & Chol we have surplus ruck stocks, there'd have to be a number of clubs enquiring you'd think.
Ward is v much a work in progress for Mitch, he gets a couple of games, does ok then has a quiet one and gets dropped again. This pattern been happening a bit. Jury still out for me but if a decent offer was made you'd think they'd consider it.

Would love to know the level of interest we have in Mac Andrew.

I'd argue that if he has any interest in our club there's almost no deal that wouldn't be worth it.

If RnL comes through with an obscure post about him I'd lose my shit.
Pick purchasing will come in by 2025 so there's always a way to get the draft collateral. All we would need is for Mac to say the magic words 'make me a Hawk' and we'd find a way to make it happen.

Feels like Barrass and Battle are done if we can keep pies second and draft a KP like Gerryn or Sims with it and get Anderson with late picks that’s a great off season. Expect to lose a few fringe players for greater opportunity and Stephens Philips DGB gone in that scenario. Doubt we could satisfy dees for a Petracca move this year maybe stop there hope for pick purchasing and save our firsts to go after Mac Andrew. Although suns don’t need picks so we may need to be prepared to give players or involve other clubs who want picks to make such a trade work.

Too much reactionary buzz about Mac Andrew because he kicked a goal after the siren. He was hardly mentioned before that. Reactionary silliness. I hope the list managment team aren’t as reactive. Mac Andrew now would cost a fortune and may well have already done the most impressive thing he’ll ever do on a football field. The true art of recruiting is finding the guys who don’t impress at other clubs who you can bring in cheaply and suit your needs and become better on your list. Meek Dambrossia and Chol should all be evidence of that as opposed to Wingard and Omeara who cost us a fortune and never improved in our colours. As a general rule I don’t like trading out first round picks and definitely don’t like trading out two of them and future first rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much reactionary buzz about Mac Andrew because he kicked a goal after the siren. He was hardly mentioned before that. Reactionary silliness. I hope the list managment team aren’t as reactive. Mac Andrew now would cost a fortune and may well have already done the most impressive thing he’ll ever do on a football field. The true art of recruiting is finding the guys who don’t impress at other clubs who you can bring in cheaply and suit your needs and become better on your list. Meek Dambrossia and Chol should all be evidence of that as opposed to Wingard and Omeara who cost us a fortune and never improved in our colours.
Tell me you haven’t watched him play without telling me.

Too much reactionary buzz about Mac Andrew because he kicked a goal after the siren. He was hardly mentioned before that. Reactionary silliness. I hope the list managment team aren’t as reactive. Mac Andrew now would cost a fortune and may well have already done the most impressive thing he’ll ever do on a football field. The true art of recruiting is finding the guys who don’t impress at other clubs who you can bring in cheaply and suit your needs and become better on your list. Meek Dambrossia and Chol should all be evidence of that as opposed to Wingard and Omeara who cost us a fortune and never improved in our colours.
mate if you do a search for Mac Andrew in this thread you'll find posters coveting him from basically the start of the season

if this happened the half forward line of

Jiath Chol Andrew

would be the laziest most laconic and laksadasical half forward line in the history of the game - there would be posters on this site whose head would explode. Also Peter Dutton might try to relocate us to Khartoom (still be pretty exciting to watch - Luke Darcy would definitely break the record for the number of times "athletic" was said in an AFL broadcast

In all seriousness if this happened - it would be awesome - given he beat Essendon with a kick after the siren - Hawthorn already runs through his veins
Jiath doesn’t play forward and Chol players deeper usually?

What the fook are you talking about. There's been a fair few of us in here that have mentioned we should be chasing him many moths ago. The kid has the athletic ability but just as importantly the killer mindset that you just can't teach. Yes he is garnering a lot hype after last week but his talent has been there to see for a while now.

I just did. Those comments are few and far between. Feel free to bump all the ones you can find but I think you’ll find that one game of his has created all this clucking in the chook shed.
yeah because this board spends 90% of its time arguing about the JOM and Wingard trades instead

But you said he was mentioned a lot. If he was you’re welcome to show proof of that.
I’ve seen him mentioned a few times pre goal. Probably no more than any other random player that we aren’t linked to but mentioned enough times previous that it’s not ‘reactionary’.

I feel like the ‘reactionary’ part is due more to the fact it was reported we are monitoring his situation as apposed to the match winner itself.

Golden rule of trading. Never buy during a surge!

He was mentioned 44 times by 15 people up until he kicked the goal after the siren and then 29 times after the weekend.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back