Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Finn Maginess has currency imo. Be a good fit at Sydney.
Ice Cube Friday GIF

Pick purchasing will come in by 2025 so there's always a way to get the draft collateral. All we would need is for Mac to say the magic words 'make me a Hawk' and we'd find a way to make it happen.
If we get Barrass, Battle and Perryman and with the pay rises for our players who have re-signed this year we won’t have any cap space to purchase picks.

It would be Josh Kennedy all over again

Yeah Josh Kennedy all over again, so Finn gets traded to the swans just like Kennedy did and we win a threepeat all over again just like last time, sounds like a plan to me

I don’t want to trade Finn, I just don’t like the comparison

Yeah Josh Kennedy all over again, so Finn gets traded to the swans just like Kennedy did and we win a threepeat all over again just like last time, sounds like a plan to me

I wouldn’t want to trade Finn either, when he does play, he plays his role and plays it well. Think his best game was against the Suns where he was playing as a defensive forward

When Finn has played this year, I recon he played some good footy.

Tough team to crack into though for our fringe players such as Finn, Mitchell, Huss, etc
WE have also had a super healthy year as a club for the most part, particularly to the midfield group so spots haven't naturally opened up

Yeah that's all good and well but as long as you can guarantee that a reoccurrence like the 2012 GF nightmare doesn't happen then I'll okay it. That day still burns deep with me and I don't think I will ever get over it. Living in NSW was hard until we got retribution in 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Finn has played this year, I recon he played some good footy.

Tough team to crack into though for our fringe players such as Finn, Mitchell, Huss, etc
He's got enough to become a very good footballer in a team that plays him as a ball-winner.
Sydney is gonna do it to us again.

Nonsense. Nothing like Kennedy as a player. The only similarity is their dads played for Hawthorn
OK.

I'm not really sure I can envision Finn becoming a 3 time All Australian, 3 time B&F, Gary Ayres Medalist and club captain personally.

But I guess stranger things have happened.
Nobody envisioned Kennedy doing any of that either, nor Finn right now.
Rather the point is that Finn is likely to go onto become a very good player that we wished stayed at Hawthorn, much like Kennedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back