Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Vibes are off with Rachele.

Ginnivan isn't the toughest player around but will go when it's his turn. Watson just goes 24/7. I've enjoyed the celebrations for the goals but also the 1% stuff, tackles, forcing of stoppages, spoils, halving contests, pressuring the footy. All this stuff we do so well and it's infectious. Rachele does none of this stuff.

You'll notice we don't celebrate every goal, we celebrate when it makes sense, there's no guidelines but the players instinctually know when the appropriate times are. The second quarter of a showdown to tie the game ain't it.

Rachele runs one way, is super selfish, had a really really bad moment where he pulled out of a contest only 2 minutes before that goal. He does it all the time. I can't stress enough how deflating it would feel to see him regularly shirk the contest compared to how our players crack in. Not the kinda guy I want to go to battle with in a final.

If you want to get someone out of there go and rescue Dan Curtin.
The funny thing I'm finding is how a lot of other clubs are trying to emulate what we have going atm. Wether it be the goal celebrations or the after game selfies which yes I know other clubs have done before us but it's obvious that no other club does it like we do.

Seeing other clubs trying to emulate it is kind of hilarious but your right in saying that the boys definitely seem to have a filter on it which will be needed especially when we run into adversity.

The key ingredient in all of this is that all of the players are having fun and enjoy being around each other. You're even starting to see some of older player like Sicily, Dimma + Frosty getting in on the selfies which tells me that this whole thing is positive in uniting the age gap in the playing group. Frosty's mad dogging after every game is one of the first things I look for now which I find bloody hilarious.

Hok ballllll 😂

I agree with the draft capital argument, however I think we have substantial midfield depth we could use particularly when the crows are crying out for mids. Maybe next year it's a different story.

Something is rotten at the Crows though. If they play their cards right they could be a powerhouse in a two-team state just like the WCE. Instead they are a rabble.
Honestly I think just unfair media expectation (I couldn't believe how many were talking up their finals chances this year), as well as internally overrating their list. Every time I listen to Nicks talk it reeks of arrogance. He will never give credit to the other team and just say they played badly. Guess what mate if you play badly for a whole season, you're just bad.

They will tread water or regress until he is gone.

Any rumours of a midfielder into the mix? Aside from Bailey.
Christian Petracca Dance GIF by Melbournefc

Any rumours of a midfielder into the mix? Aside from Bailey.

It seems our interest in Perryman has increased the more clear it’s become that Smith isn’t happening so he might be being considered for a midfield role.

I’m no expert but he’s exactly the type of player Sam has tried to make our entire team be. Hard working, disciplined, and highly skilled.

It seems our interest in Perryman has increased the more clear it’s become that Smith isn’t happening so he might be being considered for a midfield role.

I’m no expert but he’s exactly the type of player Sam has tried to make our entire team be. Hard working, disciplined, and highly skilled.
Seems the more you hear players speak about coming over that Sam is the driving force. Last year Sam met with Ginni and then bang he wanted to come home, Chol met with him and then he made his call. Mass has said in the last week Sam sat down with him and spoke about his plan to use him further up the ground. Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what he's spoken about to turn Barrass and Battle's heads (if they come over) and what he pitched Perryman on to at least keep Hawthorn in the race

Seems the more you hear players speak about coming over that Sam is the driving force. Last year Sam met with Ginni and then bang he wanted to come home, Chol met with him and then he made his call. Mass has said in the last week Sam sat down with him and spoke about his plan to use him further up the ground. Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what he's spoken about to turn Barrass and Battle's heads (if they come over) and what he pitched Perryman on to at least keep Hawthorn in the race
It's a pretty common thing. Pretty much every draftee when asked who impressed them in their interviews it was Sam Mitchell, Sam Mitchell, Sam Mitchell.

Pretty sure this was already shared.

Could easily be viewed as media spin as you wouldn't expect the team to say anything different about a contracted player. The fact remains he is injury prone and yet to play more than 15 games in a given season.

I also noted, there is no quote from anyone at Hawthorn in that report, rather just that "Moneyball understands".

Yep club isn't going to lower his price by saying his not welcome.

We would want him to dish it off to the runners, problem is the bloke can't hit a handball or kick to save his life.
He's a poor man's Frost.

I reckon Frosty is in top 5 BnF form. We have a cast around him which means he can do what he's good at instead of having to run out of defence because he's got nothing going.

I do miss the old Frost run down the ground though.

Mick Mcguane in today's Herald Sun says he is hearing that Josh Battle is staying put at St.Kilda unless the Hawks up their offer and persuade him to leave. I still can't understand Battle's reluctance to sign now or in the recent past if he is intending on staying put makes no sense at all.

Mick Mcguane in today's Herald Sun says he is hearing that Josh Battle is staying put at St.Kilda unless the Hawks up their offer and persuade him to leave. I still can't understand Battle's reluctance to sign now or in the recent past if he is intending on staying put makes no sense at all.

Aka Saints want us to up the offer to get first round compensation and are leaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That makes no sense though why they would try and leak that when they can't match. So whatever we offer, if he likes it, he takes it.

Saints can’t match but I was under the impression the contract we offer him still must be equal or more than the contract they offer him.

So, in theory, they could offer him an inflated contract and force ours to be similar.

Ross likes playing games.

Saints can’t match but I was under the impression the contract we offer him still must be equal or more than the contract they offer him.

So, in theory, they could offer him an inflated contract and force ours to be similar.

No it doesnt need to be anything like theirs we could offer him minimum wage if he wants to come he can. But the bigger the offer from Hawthorn the more their compensation inflates.

So the theory would be Saints leaking he is staying hoping Hawthorn add a bit more to the offer that will decide on their compensation

We’ll get Barrass and that will be enough. We don’t need Battle. Maybe throw a big bodied midfielder into the mix as well to help Worpel and Newcombe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reading that, with Josh being UFA, we don’t have to match St.Kilda’s contract.

If Josh wants to move he can either accept or decline what we are offering. Logically speaking we would have to at least match St.Kikda’s offer in order to entice him to move. If he was disgruntled with St.Kilda, he could theoretically come to us for under the St. Kilda offer. That does seem unlikely in this case though.

No it doesnt need to be anything like theirs we could offer him minimum wage if he wants to come he can. But the bigger the offer from Hawthorn the more their compensation inflates.

So the theory would be Saints leaking he is staying hoping Hawthorn add a bit more to the offer that will decide on their compensation

Reading that, with Josh being UFA, we don’t have to match St.Kilda’s contract.

If Josh wants to move he can either accept or decline what we are offering. Logically speaking we would have to at least match St.Kikda’s offer in order to entice him to move. If he was disgruntled with St.Kilda, he could theoretically come to us for under the St. Kilda offer. That does seem unlikely in this case though.

I stand corrected.

Mcguane is another Ross sympathiser

Battle won’t be staying there

We’ll get Barrass and that will be enough. We don’t need Battle. Maybe throw a big bodied midfielder into the mix as well to help Worpel and Newcombe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nope definitely need Battle, if he didnt come and Barrass did I would be disappointed...and that in no way is because I dont want Barrass...we need them both as key pillars of the back line.

The concern is the Saints exit interviews next week, Ross likely throws all he has at trying to keep him

If we are sitting here this time next week without any news on a re-signing then I will start to feel confident despite it still being possible he stays

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back