Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They will say to you they have managed to deliver the best home and away season ever, and they’d be right!
Nah they haven’t delivered anything. That’s a sport that’s been played for a 100+ years and secondly a league that’s been developed by plenty of others that went before them. They’ve been enormously bush league in year one and the close results have nothing to do with this current administration

Nah they haven’t delivered anything. That’s a sport that’s been played for a 100+ years and secondly a league that’s been developed by plenty of others that went before them. They’ve been enormously bush league in year one and the close results have nothing to do with this current administration
Almost anyone could run the league reasonably successfully. What would it take for people to stop going or watching the footy is the question and the only measure they understand. Whilst the game flourishes commercially which is like shooting a fish in a barrel, incompetence will never be held to account.
Now who has got some ITK information so I can DM them if it’s wrong and take out all my frustrations about how unbelievably poor my life is?😉

One of the more baffling things about the whole Battle situation is that the Saints somehow managed to have at least 11 players on their list who get paid more than him.
I wonder if he when he negotiated his last contract he dug his heels in on a degree of front loading knowing he'd be coming into FA and wanted to be unrestricted.

I know that's what I'd be trying to do.

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Anyone doubting the acquisition of Battle go back and watch him play on Jeremy Cameron. 25 years old and going to add a lot to our group.
6 months ago i thought he would be a nice addition due to being a free agent but nothing special.

6 months later i think he can be a great addition and a key part of our next flag success. Landing him would be a huge win for the club.

Hypothetically, if we had to choose between Barass and Battle, who would we prefer? I think Barass is the better player, slightly, but has injury concerns. Battle has 4 years on Barass and no such concerns (that I know of, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Agree that Barrass is a better player, but all things considered you'd take Battle:

• no draft capital needed to facilitate the deal
  • younger and in the right age demographic
  • nil injury concerns
  • more versatile (not a big deal though to he fair)

Agree that Barrass is a better player, but all things considered you'd take Battle:

• no draft capital needed to facilitate the deal
  • younger and in the right age demographic
  • nil injury concerns
  • more versatile (not a big deal though to he fair)
I feel like Battle is a little more mobile, which suits our gameplan, while Barass is better at defending the high ball, which we're still very vulnerable to. Maybe these two things cancel each other out?

Anyway, I can only agree with your summation there.

If Crows wanted Rachele out, like Collingwood with Ginni last year, would you take him for a second and extra?

He has talent but also never seems to put his body on the line when required.
I would. Has talent and skills. Strikes me as similar to Ginni in that his ego would be really pricked and if he moved he would work very hard to prove the knockers wrong.

Other clubs have greater need for his type though so I doubt it would be hawks but I can see him being a very good pick up for another club if he now wanted out

Terrible, outdated management by Nicks and Adelaide this week. Whatever they wanted to do behind closed doors this was a week to publicly wrap arms around him and support him

Last edited:
If Crows wanted Rachele out, like Collingwood with Ginni last year, would you take him for a second and extra?

If that’s all they wanted then absolutely. They’d want a lot more though.

Super talented, could be one of the most influential players in the league. Adelaide’s development has been nothing short of horrid. Boring club, team, and coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd even go a future first. Back the club for finals next year. Miss some of his lower production years at the start of his career. His impact stats point to a very good player in the future.

If that’s all they wanted then absolutely. They’d want a lot more though.

Super talented, could be one of the most influential players in the league. Adelaide’s development has been nothing short of horrid. Boring club, team, and coaches.
Points exactly to Nicks being an unlikeable delusional flog who doesn't get the modern generation nor embraces it. He like Goodwin is the problem at that club along with Ricciuto. The sooner he is sent packing the better their progression will get.

So our off-season plan is:
Barrass for our first rounder and scraps
Battle for free
Perryman for free?

Seems quite on perryman, if not him is there someone else or just the 2 keybacks

This thread now gets real interesting.

We are absolutely box office.

We have several drawcards now:

• cashmoney to burn
  • great young Coach
  • young team that has demonstrated huge strides in their development
  • exciting gameplan
  • fostering a great culture on/off the field
  • new state of the art centre on the horizon
  • media and talking heads are right behind us

It's all coming up Mitchouse.

We have several drawcards now:

• cashmoney to burn
  • great young Coach
  • young team that has demonstrated huge strides in their development
  • exciting gameplan
  • fostering a great culture on/off the field
  • new state of the art centre on the horizon
  • media and talking heads are right behind us

It's all coming up Mitchouse.
You know what J2S. My dream scenario at the start of this season was to try to win around 10 games and to make ourselves look attractive enough to pending free agents. The club has totally blow my expectations right out of the water. The club's culture seems to be as high as it's been since the 3peat era. The game plan is exciting and al the players love executing it and it seems oppo players are looking at it with envy to. Good times for the the HFC right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back