Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All the trade talk is useless until sides know what picks they have. If Saints get band 1 compensation I think they should go hard for Petracca. 2x firsts and a future to play with. King could be traded or bring another in.

Trac may prefer other clubs but saints can offer the money and potentially a deal the dees would accept.

He might have to choose between being forced to stay or his 3rd or 4th preference.

I think you'll find opinion will be divided on that being a good trade.

Depends which way you look at it.

Eagles will want a 1st draft and quality player (so we’re told) or 2 first rounders.
And they have leverage because Barrass is contracted.
Our 1st round is going out the window at the moment - could end up 15 or 16 or worse! That’s not particularly enticing.
And Ward isn’t in our best 22.
And we’re surely going to want to retain our F1.

So even that suggested trade doesn’t look particularly attractive for them.

It’s going to be an interesting November.

Eagles will want a 1st draft and quality player (so we’re told) or 2 first rounders.
I think that is what Eagles supporters and media want.

I think the club will be more realistic. Our first pick, and then swapsies of later picks will be more in the ballpark for two clubs that tend to do fair deals with each other.

Not sure how you can post this, and then say Hustwaite - who has clearly been behind Ward (and Morrison and Maginess) for a spot in the midfield or periphery midfield role - shouldn't be traded as he is going to be a 200 gamer for us.
Hustwaite was drafted 2 years after Ward and has huge potential - particularly for a 195cm mid.
His inside work already is superior to Ward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker for any first rounder? I should think not. Who is Graham? Rioli was being traded until he went to the backline I thought? Late first at best. Bolton very talented but also a bit inconsistent, pick 10-15 I suppose?

Am I crazy or are Richmond players being over valued for no real reason?

Baker for any first rounder? I should think not. Who is Graham? Rioli was being traded until he went to the backline I thought? Late first at best. Bolton very talented but also a bit inconsistent, pick 10-15 I suppose?

Feels like they are being way over valued

Richmond players are being vastly over valued because the players around them are terrible, making them more appealing. Combine it with famous names/x-factor and being a part of a period of immense success and bobs your uncle.

Baker worth a first and a future second imo.
Rioli worth a pick in the teens.
Bolton two years ago would have been worth two firsts, at this point I'd say worth a first and a second.

Problem is Freo and GCS have a few picks at the pointy end, a lot of Richmond supporters believe they're entitled to them and a lot of GCS and Freo fans think they don't need the youth, rather want the missing pieces.
If WCE want Baker, our first goes to them for Barrass and is on-traded and that's a fair deal (assuming it ends up in the 14-18 indicative bracket).

Lukosius Gunners replacement - straight swap for Mitch Lewis
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

And since that point Rioli has developed into an AA calibre HBF.

What would you trade Moore for?

Bolton is a matchwinning star, plus he us exactly what Fremantle need. One pick in the low teens would be a terrible offer.

Over the last four seasons he is averaging:

Touches - 18.92
Marks - 3.60
Tackles - 2.61
Goals - 1.49
Score Involvements - 6.53
Goal Assists - 0.76

And to be fair to Bolton if we go back a further two years the stats are still similar.

Last edited:
Not for the player/s that would be worried about there spot next season it wouldn't. There's a reason why these things wait until live teams campaigns are over. If Battle hasn't announced what he's doing this week or next then I think we can start getting confident albeit even without the polo + Kanga statue photo.
Yep! Spot on. If he goes through his exit meeting (that I assume happens some time this week) without announcing that he has signed a deal with the Saints, then pencil in Battle as a Hawk. 😊. Though use Staedtler Mars Lumograph Pencil 12B pencil as it is the closest thing to a pen.

I also have 4th hand info (yes 4th hand = from Josh to A to B to C to me) that he is coming to the Hawks. Not joking I have the coveted 4th hand info.

What I can say with absolute confidence is that we will know when Josh announces what he will do. 🤣

Personally, it is my belief (based on the info available to me) that Battle will be a part of the Hawks journey in 2025.

Last edited:
Hustwaite was drafted 2 years after Ward and has huge potential - particularly for a 195cm mid.
His inside work already is superior to Ward.

Nah, he was drafted one year after Ward (2021 and 2022 respectively). Their VFL form would suggest his inside work is not superior at this point in time.

I think Hustwaite is a smooth mover, has great vision and is a very classy user by hand and foot. But he's slow, and that is always going to be an issue for him at AFL level.

Personally I struggle to see how he is going to possibly break into the side next season as it is, never mind with the pending additions of Battle and Barrass.

I would rather drive Harley across the Nullabour to the 2026 wooden spooners myself than see him play for those geriatric goal post shifting f**ks. Even if it meant getting nothing back in return via the PSD. Hope you’re reading this Stephen Wells you prick.
I cannot express how much I agree with this sentiment. Let Reid go elsewhere for nothing rather than trade with Geelong.

Regarding Barrass whatever you pay for him (and I'm not here to argue that point) you'll be getting one exceptional player.
My brother is currently gutted as Barrass was his favourite player. The guy is an intercept king and could very well take you to a premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back