Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam would like him for his flexibility and is a good kick. Would definitely let Dimma play forward.
If we can somehow jag Perryman it would probably make us the most versatile team in the comp. Perryman can play multiple positions well. Dimma is great back and forward. Chol - key forward / back up ruck. Battle - back / forward. Sicily - back / forward. Moore small forward / pinch hit mid. Watson same. Weddle can play back, mid, forward pretty much anywhere and do it really well

We haven’t been this flexible since the three peat days

Lukosius is a want rather than a need, I think. Especially for the back ended contract that he is on, and the suns pushing for a first as well. It wouldn’t make much sense for us to be looking at him.

Next year we will have Chol, Dear, Gunston and Breust still. Have Skaife and potentially McCabe at Boxhill, who should get some games next year. The following year we will see the return of Lewis (Hopefully uninjured) to replace Breust and Gunston.

So for the price I think we should stay well clear, for the risk is greater than the reward at this stage.
Agreed. At some point in time with the quality kids we already have on our list we'll need to start planning for contract extensions as other clubs start to come for them with big $$$ offers.

Agreed. At some point in time with the quality kids we already have on our list we'll need to start planning for contract extensions as other clubs start to come for them with big $$$ offers.
Couldn't agree more, I think we can sit on our hands for a bit and let the natural development of our side play out.

The only exception I would make is a tall forward, but one that's got a good tank and work rate, some actual forward craft, and is willing to do the dirty stuff. Maybe see what it would take to get JVR out of Melbourne. Jamie Elliot comes to mind but is a complete pipe dream. Aside from that I would give Hardwick another preseason with the forwards.

I think because salary caps and contract values aren't as accessible in the AFL compared to American sports people don't give cap space the consideration it needs, but clubs will come knocking with big $$$ and we need some degree of cap flexibility in those situations, we've seen how that plays out with GCS.

2026 alone will need big raises for Mackenzie, Moore, Newcombe, Weddle, Watson, and maybe even McCabe. Someone will throw 1m+ at Weddle.

And I don’t think even in the three peats days we were this versatile and flexible.

Agree, players like Spangher and Langford wouldn’t get a look in at the moment. We don’t have the stars like the three peat team but we are just as (if not more) well balanced.

Couldn't agree more, I think we can sit on our hands for a bit and let the natural development of our side play out.

The only exception I would make is a tall forward, but one that's got a good tank and work rate, some actual forward craft, and is willing to do the dirty stuff. Maybe see what it would take to get JVR out of Melbourne. Jamie Elliot comes to mind but is a complete pipe dream. Aside from that I would give Hardwick another preseason with the forwards.

I think because salary caps and contract values aren't as accessible in the AFL compared to American sports people don't give cap space the consideration it needs, but clubs will come knocking with big $$$ and we need some degree of cap flexibility in those situations, we've seen how that plays out with GCS.

2026 alone will need big raises for Mackenzie, Moore, Newcombe, Weddle, Watson, and maybe even McCabe. Someone will throw 1m+ at Weddle.
I don’t think we will sit on our hands for a bit.
You stop & others pass.

McGovern is also probably the best KPD we have seen since Scarlett.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

No doubt. McGovern is tracking to be an all time great. Barrass is a great player and if he can get close to that level for a few seasons we will win a flag.

Good players can definitely make it past their 30s these days. Barrass is a good player. If his body is managed well he will see out his contract as a best 22 player.

I think our offseason work is already done, some delistings and drafting and a depth player here and there but no more big fish.

Once again I would ask the question on JVR if he wants to escape the rabble but that's about it.
Perryman the final piece.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgusting how the media are siding with Melbourne to push the narrative that it’s all about “brand Petracca” and he is putting himself before the club. Ox now jumping on board to push this as well. Poor guy just wants to get out of that rat infested shithole yet they are trying to paint him as the bad guy. Only at Melbourne

Melbourne have lost the plot, however I question Petracca's attitude through all of this since he 'only wants to play for a big club'.

He either desperately wants to leave, or he doesn't. He's not in a position to be making destination demands IMO.

Melbourne have lost the plot, however I question Petracca's attitude through all of this since he 'only wants to play for a big club'.

He either desperately wants to leave, or he doesn't. He's not in a position to be making destination demands IMO.
But did Trac say these are my demands or has Melb said these are his demands ?

I’m yet to hear an interview where Trac has said it, I’m not saying that interview isn’t out there, just that I haven’t heard it.

Melb have spoken so much crap the last couple of years, it’s hard to believe anything from Pert, Roffey, Goodwin, etc

Poor old Max Gawn is rolled out each time to defend the shit.

Disgusting how the media are siding with Melbourne to push the narrative that it’s all about “brand Petracca” and he is putting himself before the club. Ox now jumping on board to push this as well. Poor guy just wants to get out of that rat infested shithole yet they are trying to paint him as the bad guy. Only at Melbourne

It's unbelievable. I hope the full extent of what has been going on is brought to light, then Trac can shove it down their throats.

#FreeTracc

No doubt. McGovern is tracking to be an all time great. Barrass is a great player and if he can get close to that level for a few seasons we will win a flag.

Good players can definitely make it past their 30s these days. Barrass is a good player. If his body is managed well he will see out his contract as a best 22 player.
IMO all time greats don't drop easy marks in grand finals.

Edit: My bad! That was Darling! Carry on!

Is the body contact issue likely the reason Dimma is not a fan?

Thought he was a skilful and smart player, but questioning my judgement now!
He is a ridiculously good kick.

Dimma initially wanted him as a defender but was forced to move him to the forward line as he struggles in defence.

He has only played good footy as a third tall forward where he constantly tries to get free but doesn’t have near the smarts of Gunston to get himself into good positions.

Does this talk of Dan Houston not listening to offers from Victorian clubs mean Port will need to pick one of Perryman or Cumming?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back