Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we add Barass and Battle, and seek out a third player as well - we are definitely going to have to lose at least one current best-22 player.

There's no way we can bring in three guys of this calibre and just offload some fringe players.
If we were to just offload fringe players, it is possible. I easily see 5 or more that could go (not necessarily want them to)
Stephens, Wingard, Phillips, DGB, O'Sullivan, Morrison (DFA for opportunities) perhaps Bennetts (although cat b) & Tucker, Butler as a trade (although is contracted). not too hard TBH. Reeves may also seek a trade due to outside interest. Bmac, Shamus, Serong, Ward and Fin all contracted and can't see us letting them go or them wanting out. Pleased correct me on the contract status if I have it wrong.

I am also not convinced Breust will go around again if he gets to 300 this year??

Let's see who wants to fight for their spots

Don’t want Stringer near the club in any context. Essendon could offer their first and Stringer in a straight swap for a small KFC chips and I’d give them the chips to keep him.

As for Trac, would love him in the team but there is no way I would be sending the players to Melbourne that it would cost to get it done. We have young kids that are already looking very good, playing well together and could have them for another 10+ years, we might get 3 more very good years out of Trac before he starts his descent and what we gave up will be in their prime.

Weddle and the fam wouldn’t want to go near the Dees full stop from what I have been told …….. after the less impressive interviews had leading up to his draft year! More than happy and impressed by Hawks during that process

Sending Weddle into Melbourne, his whole fam would get promoted

Caught up with my connection at the club for the first time in a long time, this isn’t much actual info, but do with it what you will.

They weren’t sure of the specific price we were going to be paying for Barrass, but mentioned the potential of a hawks player going the other way and not necessarily DGB.

No idea which players are being discussed, but interesting to hear I guess.

I've been huge on getting trac over the last week or so, but, I'm not sure about it now. He has high end trauma still from his injury which no one seems to be concerned about. Well, I 'now' am, he definitely is more than just shaken, it is something that will be in his conscience during the hustle and bustle of what is required in his position on the field.
Reckon he needs to go back and work things out with the MFC, it's better for both parties. If he wants change, then he should lead and ask for them though, I do believe he isn't very cosy with his captain and Clayton. İnteresting trade period ahead.

I think Petracca's value is being over blown. 29 year old, serious injury, 5 year contract, big money, doesn't want to be there.. if Petracca makes enough noise about whatever that team gets up to or threatens to sit out next year, I think Melbourne will trade him cheaper
Think it also depends if a team is willing to take on 100% of his contract or expect Dees to pay some of it

Still have to get Day and Lewis into that 22 when fit as well. And possibly Ward moving forward.

If anything I’m playing Frost every day and releasing another bloke from our back 6 before I’m giving up salary cap space for Perryman after we’ve forked out for Barass and Battle.

Good problems to have and I’m obviously not around our player contracts and salaries to the point where I’d be able to make the call, but Perryman and his cash look like a surplus to me and a waste.
When day and Lewis are fit, someone else will be injured and it'll resolve itself.

Last year Blank, Wingard, Mitchell and Ryan were in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have put in time and effort into Ward, Serong, HH, DGB and some of them have played 3 times the games Max has played, Some are in contract just like Max & have shown more.

So why is that our players are valued less than others?
We also have a less than stellar record when trading with GWS.........

Wow this Petracca development is disastrous for the Trade Preacher’s and Sam Faff’s strike rates.

Maybe people will learn that big-noting dipshits on Twitter are rumour regurgitating know nothings.

Wow this Petracca development is disastrous for the Trade Preacher’s and Sam Faff’s strike rates.

Maybe people will learn that big-noting dipshits on Twitter are rumour regurgitating know nothings.
Think it’s clear that there is no such thing as an ITK for this time of year. Even the best connected journos have an average strike rate as there are multiple stakeholders to any deal and their source will generally only have one side of it.

Just gotta take every tidbit with a grain of salt and enjoy the silly season for what it is.

Gives the dees a year to get themselves sorted out. Also gives teams a year to get the picks ready if he’s gettable next year.

If Dees haven’t made considerable improvements to what’s going on behind the scenes surely Trac will be out of there or at least pushing for a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back