Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gives the dees a year to get themselves sorted out. Also gives teams a year to get the picks ready if he’s gettable next year.

If Dees haven’t made considerable improvements to what’s going on behind the scenes surely Trac will be out of there or at least pushing for a trade.
Still run into the same issues tbh. Unless Dee's blow it up after its apparent that the run is dead and will accept picks.

Caught up with my connection at the club for the first time in a long time, this isn’t much actual info, but do with it what you will.

They weren’t sure of the specific price we were going to be paying for Barrass, but mentioned the potential of a hawks player going the other way and not necessarily DGB.

No idea which players are being discussed, but interesting to hear I guess.
If I had to guess would be serong..2nd round or serong for Barrass?

Still run into the same issues tbh. Unless Dee's blow it up after it’s apparent that the run is dead and will accept picks.
Having an extra year of picks to trade will help.

Even if Trac doesn’t get traded just pushing hard for a trade will probably make it happen.

I still reckon there is a big chance he would have asked for a trade had the clubs he wanted had the picks to get it done. So instead he tries to wait it out a year and see what happens.

West Coast board seems nuts. Convinced we're trading a first and McKenzie for Barrass.
To clarify that was my suggestion based on how highly I value Mackenzie and my post was prefaced with the fact that Hawthorn would not offer Mackenzie for trade. That's a far cry from being convinced that you'll trade a first and Mackenize for Barrass. Heck I'd take a straight swap and that wouldn't even be accepted by Hawthorn.

To clarify that was my suggestion based on how highly I value Mackenzie and my post was prefaced with the fact that Hawthorn would not offer Mackenzie for trade. That's a far cry from being convinced that you'll trade a first and Mackenize for Barrass. Heck I'd take a straight swap and that wouldn't even be accepted by Hawthorn.
Let alone Mackenzie

Did they even start?.. Surely no one was stupid enough to suggest that as an option?
I think there was a bit of ‘they would want Weddle’ talk, anyone that suggests actually trading Weddle for anything probably needs to be shot into the sun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong is a keeper IMO and with Frost and Sicily not getting any younger, he looks a great prospect.

Could we move him forward as he started as a forward, then we would have an another swing man, I'd trade frost while his value is high after a great season and keep the kid who is really showing great signs at VFL level with Barrass and battle coming in.

It's going to be tough for all the fringe players next season if everyone stays fit.

Barrass and Battle (plus one other possibly) mean there are 2/3 less spots.

It's the freedom to send one or two of Sicily Weddle Amon Hardwick etc etc to other places up the ground which will mean a few blokes will be considering their options this off-season.

Finn, Harry, CJ, Reeves / Ramsden, Seamus, Jai and HH all probably get a gig elsewhere else - and in the best 22 for the bottom 3 sides.

Do they take the first team action in a lower side or stay for depth and 'hope' someone gets a long-term injury.

That's the only way these guys play AFL for Hawthorn next year.

They are fringe this season - next it's VFL.

And before people bring it up - yes some have a contract.

So does Tom Barrass - but he's moving clubs. Sometimes you sign a player up to get a better trade when they move on.

All the above have tried hard, and been good 'Hawthorn men', but the writing is on the wall with the new guys coming in.

I'd like to think we would do all we can to get them to new homes if they decide to move on.

Happy birthday Josh Battle!

Every time I've seen Jack Lukosius play, I've been impressed by him.

I'm bewildered by the Suns not having a place in their side for Jack and wanting to trade him.

I'm sure Sam could get more out of him than Damien Hardwick.

If we could get a good deal while trading for Jack, I'd be happy with that.
While every other time he'll barely touch the ball. Quite possibly the most inconsistent player i've ever seen. For that reason i'd fairly hesitant to go near him

How would we lineup with if we managed to bring in Perryman too? Would be such a headache.

Impey - Barrass - Hardwick
Sicily - Scrimshaw - Battle

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Weddle - Worpel - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Dear - MacDonald
Watson - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Amon
Nash
Perryman
Mackenzie

Sub: Gunston / Breust

Depth / Trade options: Frost, Reeves, CJ, Serong, Ward, DGB, Morrison, Maginess, Scaife, Ramsden, Blanck, Hustwaite, Ryan, Macdonald, Butler
Frost has been fantastic this year, but if we get Barrass (as 99% likely) it means he'll likely be squeezed out. So how do we feel about a player who's been key to our success this year becoming a depth player at BH next year?

Frost has been fantastic this year, but if we get Barrass (as 99% likely) it means he'll likely be squeezed out. So how do we feel about a player who's been key to our success this year becoming a depth player at BH next year?
If a player is sore or slightly injured they can be rested which if we are up there is important so players are fresher come finals. I get what you mean though Frosty been very good

It is all about creating a deep, strong list to get and be successful on GF day - while being as loyal and supportive as possible within that framework.

It's going to be tough for all the fringe players next season if everyone stays fit.

Barrass and Battle (plus one other possibly) mean there are 2/3 less spots.

It's the freedom to send one or two of Sicily Weddle Amon Hardwick etc etc to other places up the ground which will mean a few blokes will be considering their options this off-season.

Finn, Harry, CJ, Reeves / Ramsden, Seamus, Jai and HH all probably get a gig elsewhere else - and in the best 22 for the bottom 3 sides.

Do they take the first team action in a lower side or stay for depth and 'hope' someone gets a long-term injury.

That's the only way these guys play AFL for Hawthorn next year.

They are fringe this season - next it's VFL.

And before people bring it up - yes some have a contract.

So does Tom Barrass - but he's moving clubs. Sometimes you sign a player up to get a better trade when they move on.

All the above have tried hard, and been good 'Hawthorn men', but the writing is on the wall with the new guys coming in.

I'd like to think we would do all we can to get them to new homes if they decide to move on.
It will be fascinating to see who the brains trust in Hawthorns list management keep on for next year, some of the players you have mentioned, in bold above, will definitely still be there, for the life of me i am not sure who. As we all know lists win flags and Sam has a plan. My fav's are Seamus, Jai , CJ and Ramsden, i can only hope. Its a wonderful conundrum to have.

With Battle coming over I do not see the urgency in getting barrass. We should not be offering any more than our 1st.
Battle is a good defender, but he is not half the defender Barrass is. Don’t even look at those one on one crap stats. That doesn’t take into account that he is in a team that is crap, the mids don’t help out, and he covers McGoverns opponent a fair bit aswell. Plus he is stuck down there with the likes of Cole, Witherdon, Hough. If he was a selfish defender, and just stuck to his man , he would hardly be beaten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back