Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

According to a few on here Battle will go forward next year?

Amon Barrass Impey
Scrim Frost Sic
Weddle Nuke Mass
Ginni Battle Wiz
Moore Chol Dear

Meek Day Worp

Int- Nash, Hardwick, Frenchy, McDonald, Ward

Emerg FROM - CJ, Breust, Gunston, Morisson, Finn, Serong, Mitchell

There's no way we don't get interest in the 'fringe' players - I can see a couple of surprise exits from Hawthorn after the finals are done, regardless if they have a contract for 3 weeks or 3 years. Contracts are literally not worth the paper they are written on.

That emergency list will get a game at 10 clubs if not more (Bruest + Gunston not included as it will be their last year in 2025)

Sam has some tough choices to make.

Amon Barrass Impey
Scrim Frost Sic
Weddle Nuke Mass
Ginni Battle Wiz
Moore Chol Dear

Meek Day Worp

There's no way we don't get interest in the 'fringe' players - I can see a couple of surprise exits from Hawthorn after the finals are done, regardless if they have a contract for 3 weeks or 3 years. Contracts are literally not worth the paper they are written on.

That emergency list will get a game at 10 clubs if not more (Bruest + Gunston not included as it will be their last year in 2025)

I don't know how we fit them all in, but even playing majority forward Battle's goal tally in any given season has never gone higher than 12. I'd suggest the backline is where he stays.

Amon Barrass Impey
Scrim Frost Sic
Weddle Nuke Mass
Ginni Battle Wiz
Moore Chol Dear

Meek Day Worp

There is no way Battle goes forward next year.

He was one of those I was thinking of.
Soldo cracked the sads at Port when he was promised first ruck, then when available they’ve gone for Sweet

His management has contacted Suns as he has a good relationship with Hardwick, and as Witts comes to the end of his career

Soldo won’t move clubs to be backup

Soldo cracked the sads at Port when he was promised first ruck, then when available they’ve gone for Sweet

His management has contacted Suns as he has a good relationship with Hardwick, and as Witts comes to the end of his career

Would they play Soldo ahead of Moyle?

Some nice FA's next season.

Who wants to be our Frawley?

Fogarty
LDU
Rayner
TDK
Brayshaw
Allen
Waterman

I'd throw 7 figures at any of the above.
Even with the cap increase paying close to 7 figures for Fogarty, Rayner, TDK or Waterman would be criminal.

Allen, LDU and Brayshaw would be good gets but only LDU would be any chance to move while he’s good he’s far from a must do anything to get.

I'd prefer us not to have Soldo as he's been pretty poor at Port + would hate to see him get games over Ramma. Ramma looked solid in patches this year against the Pies/Suns earlier this year.

Would prefer someone not given opportunities or someone on the otherside of 30 to provide experience but a solid backup (almost like a 3rd keeper in soccer). Soldo is neither of those and clearly wants to be a teams no.1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media pre-empting that Bailey Smith's exit interview is today

Expect it to be a Cats announcement, based on the whispers, but would be hilarious if he elected us - although god knows where we put him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back