Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid yes, whoever is paying that for Darcy is kidding themselves.

Yes he's talented, but I think recent years have shown you don't need a ~$1.5m a year forward to win flags. Better spread across your whole forward line and a good mix of talent smalls and stalls.

I think Darcy will be great, but those two SHANKS under no pressure in the final quarter last week are a sign that he isn't ready to be part of this salary conversation.

Wouldn't have won any without Dusty. So to do it again, he would need to find another Dusty.
And some very good assistant coaches who put a lot of that game plan they had in action.
I think I heard Leppitch was the real architect of the game plan - not Hardwick.

Not Hawthorn related, but Dustin Martin is currently up in the Gold Coast area, 'catching up' with Hardwick.
I’m shocked to be sitting here.

Not really.

The kid is 20, he's earning a crazy amount of coin.

If he's getting everything he wants from life playing at the Gold Coast how is that a bad thing?

It isn't right now.

I'll call it.

If he continues to mix with certain people, and keep doing the same things off-field, plus adding in his well known temper....then in the next couple of years,if he doesn't grow up, this could well be Tarryn Thomas Mk 2.

He might be good for Gold Coast, but The Gold Coast has all the ingredients to be very bad for him.

I hope he sorts his life out, before he takes a very wrong turn.

It isn't right now.

I'll call it.

If he continues to mix with certain people, and keep doing the same things off-field, plus adding in his well known temper....then in the next couple of years,if he doesn't grow up, this could well be Tarryn Thomas Mk 2.

He might be good for Gold Coast, but The Gold Coast has all the ingredients to be very bad for him.

I hope he sorts his life out, before he takes a very wrong turn.
We knew this and we knew what we were getting.

It’s hard to get a good idea of how good he is when he’s sharing a forward line with 2 other KPFs who play like they are the main target.
Yep, at this stage Darcy still has a long way to go to be better than Ben Brown. Let alone some of the other KPF's of the previous and current eras, like Reiwold x 2, Lynch, Hawkins, Kennedy. Curnow, McKay, Hogan, Larkey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was against the rules. He was contracted still.
I believe he would still need to be traded, much like Hodge was when he "retired" and then went to Brisbane.

Morris on SEN suggesting you’d need to offer $20mill for 12yrs to get Reid or Darcy.

The times are changing.

I have to wonder if players will stop wanting those types of deals. Look how trapped Petracca is - if he had a 3-4 year deal he might be able to negotiate his way out. With his long term deal in place it becomes a bloody hard ask to get him out.

Not Hawthorn related, but Dustin Martin is currently up in the Gold Coast area, 'catching up' with Hardwick.

This is the kind of deal they needed 10 years ago. Even 5 years ago when they brought a lot of young blokes in. Martin would be an absolute passenger and would be robbing a developing player of playing time. Honestly that club is so bafflingly stupid I honestly think Darwin could steal their AFL license by telling them to 'look over there'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back