Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep agree need a centre square mid with genuine speed. I reckon we need another gun winger too.

I’d push Weddle up on the opposite wing of Massimo, with Barrass and Battle coming in down back.

Obviously he has the athletic requirements to play anywhere really.

Pushing back as the defensive winger he’s a perfect profile to offer protection (big, small, 3rd man up) and is obviously comfortable playing there. Pushing forward and taking a “traditional” winger with him would also be a favorable matchup and could cause havoc.

Kind of like a Mason Wood style winger rather than an Ed Langdon type. Would provide another outlet option coming out of defense too.

I don’t think Weddle can play inside mid but I’d love to trial him on a wing.

Sicily, Scrimshaw, Battle, Amon, Dimma would be the best offensive backline in the league, with Weddle and Massimo pushing back as support and Barrass taking the monster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong also offers some flexibility. You couldn’t have Blanck and Barrass in the same side, nor Blanck and Frost. His only spot is as the low possession full back.
I think you need one of frost or blanck with Barrass imo. Dunno how you fit them all in but barrass would be better as the 2nd tall.

Be funny if Merrett really did crack the sads about Stringer and wants out.

Peak Essendon though.

Scott comes in and tries to change the losing culture of the place. Captain doesn’t like it (despite continuously saying they want to win finals and be better) and leaves.

It would be hard to swallow as a supporter but if I followed the Bombers I’d at least be happy with Scott trying to trim their soft edges.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

Zerrett was considering leaving a few years ago due to the culture issues at Essendon, of which Stringer was a contributor. I can't see him now wanting to leave because they won't extend Stringer, that would be a complete 180.

Zerrett was considering leaving a few years ago due to the culture issues at Essendon, of which Stringer was a contributor. I can't see him now wanting to leave because they won't extend Stringer, that would be a complete 180.

Agree with this. Yet apparently he wasn't happy with decision to not extend Stringer and made his displeasure known to Scott. So it would seem a complete 180 has happened

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back