Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Breaking news.

Max King has signed a bumper 14 year deal worth $42 million to be a Saint for life.
Max king is better than hes twin brother ben do the comparison on footywire.
i work at haileybury college sometimes and i speak to matty loyde and pendles a fair bit and they say that max is not happy under ross and imo he would be perfect for us and i would be prepared to give up our future first and could thrive in our system

He wasn’t the Lone Ranger who had two poor finals but gets whacked more than anyone.

I literally could not believe Tim Membrey is only 188cm. I honestly thought he was 193-195 ish.
By memory he plays bigger than his height due to his athleticism. Either his age is catching up to him or else he's been playing injured or maybe a combo of both.

From a strictly value perspective you would probably do that deal. From a Hawks perspective I'd keep him. Firstly he would be excellent depth, Secondly there might be a spot for him if a couple of the others play further up the ground, ie. Sic, Weddle. I love what he did this year, as did many of us, if only the poor bugger could kick.
Just a gut feeling, I reckon he would want to stay. We had an awesome season and From memory I think he had a career best season.
Frosty is better than depth!

İt will be a choice made by frosty not Hawthorn. Swans don't bat deep down back so A three year deal would be enticing as he has lived there before.
Off course he's contracted and second rounder is definitely something we could consider. This draft is deep and even.
I still can't see it happening whether it be Sydney or Saints that come for him. If there's a 3 year offer on the table for him I could just as easily see us offering him a revised 2 year deal and the only way we'd let him walk is if the other offer was for considerable $$$.

Also as much as I love Frosty I still find it hard to see another club offering a 2nd rounder for him.

I still can't see it happening whether it be Sydney or Saints that come for him. If there's a 3 year offer on the table for him I could just as easily see us offering him a revised 2 year deal and the only way we'd let him walk is if the other offer was for considerable $$$.

Also as much as I love Frosty I still find it hard to see another club offering a 2nd rounder for him.

If a club is offering 3 years to a contracted player coming off a career best season and their second round pick is around 36-40 then I'd almost be inclined to ask for MORE than that.

Mate, frost had a great season. The Swans are in it for the now and they want someone with experience who just plays the full back job without any hesitation.
Not saying it's a done deal but a second rounder which is effectively pick 40 + is not going to hurt them considering they think they're a premiership chance in that time. Rampe is almost charcoal cooked.

At the end of 2023 , most Hawk supporters would’ve chewed an arm off for a second rounder for Frosty.
Blanck does an acl preseason- Hawks are left vulnerable down back - we draft Phillips who didn’t really come on as expected in Blancks absence.
So we are left with The Snowman.
No one could’ve foreseen the season he was about to have. Without sugar coating it, Hawks don’t make the 8 without this No.8 having an absolute blinder of a season.
Would love to think that the Hawks hold Frosty in such high regard that he deserves an extended contract to stay.
We all know about Barrass & Battle but that doesn’t instantly kick Frosty to the kerb. Blanck may be delayed in his comeback ; Battle may be used elsewhere- no one knows except the inner sanctum.
We need to look after those that have looked after us - and that’s Frosty.

I don’t know - but I reckon the young Hawk players need the likes of Frosty around the club (invaluable)

Stay Frosty.

You go to the Swanz and I fear you could just melt away. But at the Hawks - you will always be The Snowman ⛄

From a strictly value perspective you would probably do that deal. From a Hawks perspective I'd keep him. Firstly he would be excellent depth, Secondly there might be a spot for him if a couple of the others play further up the ground, ie. Sic, Weddle. I love what he did this year, as did many of us, if only the poor bugger could kick.
Just a gut feeling, I reckon he would want to stay. We had an awesome season and From memory I think he had a career best season.
We have to remember he only has a 1 year contract if Swan offer a longer deal then I'm okay if he decides to take it for security

Max king is better than hes twin brother ben do the comparison on footywire.
i work at haileybury college sometimes and i speak to matty loyde and pendles a fair bit and they say that max is not happy under ross and imo he would be perfect for us and i would be prepared to give up our future first and could thrive in our system
Not doubting your info but strange move signing a 6 year extension if he's not happy there.

The Swans are creeping around our list, trying to poach our players, it must be Wednesday.

You would think having their cheat academy would be enough for them....

Interested George Clooney GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big no to trading Frost or Reeves

If we get Barrass and he goes down we have no other KPD apart from Serong as Blanck may not even play next year.

If Meek goes down we have no decent backup.

We are finally building depth so trading them out for prospects who aren’t AFL ready yet doesn’t make sense.
Frost had one of the best seasons. I think there is still room for him next year.

Would you take a 2nd rounder for Frost?
Hell no. I think he's versatile in Defence & bringing in Barrass helps Frost - doesn't replace him. Definitely keep.

Besides, 2nd Round Picks aren't what we need.

We have PLENTY of young talent - if we're getting more, it needs to be better than what a pick ~40 is likely to give.

IF he asked for a trade, then I'd much prefer he was used to upgrade our existing hand or in a trade that brings in an F1.

Example
Sydney:
Frost + 'pies 2nd (~30) for opposition 2024 1st (~20) + F3 (~52)

I’d take Richmonds second rounder. Not the swans.

Wouldn’t even entertain letting him go. We need him fit as he’s so versatile and I see him being in our best 22 with Barrass and Battle.
I like Frost and rate him very highly as a 1v1 defender. But he's not versatile, he can really only play the lock down defender role. If he gets too much of the ball he becomes a weakness not a strength.

He can play on talls and smalls and has the speed strength and leap to really negate most forwards. But he can't play other positions or really offer good rebound.

further to this:

Now that we're starting to spend a chunk of our war chest and with us becoming more relevant again I can see clubs like the Saints + North being used by managers to bump up their clients $$$. It will be a welcomed thing to shake that tag.

Frosty is your typical sell high play, he has 1 year left and with TB and Battle coming in a fit and healthy list, he might only be backup or needed in certain situations.

If we get 2nd for him I'd take it and use that with our first for TB and we still keep Collingwoods 2nd for this year's draft.

Hell no. I think he's versatile in Defence & bringing in Barrass helps Frost - doesn't replace him. Definitely keep.

Besides, 2nd Round Picks aren't what we need.

We have PLENTY of young talent - if we're getting more, it needs to be better than what a pick ~40 is likely to give.

IF he asked for a trade, then I'd much prefer he was used to upgrade our existing hand or in a trade that brings in an F1.

Example
Sydney:
Frost + 'pies 2nd (~30) for opposition 2024 1st (~20) + F3 (~52)
I'm so torn on this and I agree with both of you. I'd love Frosty to stay but the reality is that if we keep him then that likely means a young kid like Serong would probably be looking to move on and if he was to go on to have an awesome 200 game career it could be something we end up regretting further down the line.

I suppose as our list gets stronger warding off other teams trying to poach our depth is something we're all going to have to get used to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back