Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Frosty was very unlucky not to be in the AA squad this year I believe, was our best defender all year
He compliments the new additions, they aren’t pushing him out.

I hope we pony up and give him an extra year or two on his current deal, players are after more years (job security) over money so leaving when he has a baby on the way makes a lot of sense to me if he’s been offered a multi year deal

Your posting history clearly highlights your hatred for Hawthorn. Stop being a disingenuous dumb **** claiming your post was reasonable, when its quite clear what you were trying to do.
Why would a supporter of a club that’s marginally better than St Kilda in Premierships won in the last 80+ years, hate the most successful club of the last half a century,

I don’t get it. 😂

Respectfully to all posters saying Frosty won't be best 22 next season - give your head a wobble.

Sam has openly said Frosty is pretty much the first name on the whiteboard, and had agreed the trigger which Sam Frost activated to be extended.

He has been in the top 6 of our players all season.

Barrass and Battle COMPLIMENT frosty, not replace him.

He will stay down back and let others - Weddle, Sicily, Hardwick, Amon - be reallocated as needed against certain sides.

He's been brilliant this year, and I for one, would be amazed if Sammy Mitchell is going to discard him so easily.

He absolutely is best 22 next season.
Dont think anyone thinks he wont be, more that we would all want to see the best balance. I think he is still in the side, they will need to sort out the balance too though. Happens all the time where teams shift and expect something to happen and it doesnt quite work out.

Frost had an amazing season, he deserves the choice. Hawthorn will want him to stay obviously as you mentioned Mitchell has already had the discussion with him

No - all you were doing was lying about what we were discussing here to try and like-farm on your board. I am hardly going to engage with you in good faith as a result.
Looking at the stats, they aren't really good at it.....

I take my hat off to Frost had a fantastic year adjusting his game by improving his discipline and composure …… can’t remember one kamikaze headless chook run all year. He played such an important role for us in that defensive back 6.

We always talk about a point of difference that a player brings to the table. One thing that Frost has is hard arse will put his head in spots that most wouldn’t try and wont back down to anyone! No one better to have in the trenches in times of aggro. He has everyone’s back and makes his teammates walk taller. Love Frosty.

When it was reported that we were chasing Barrass/Battle Sam publicly said that Frost won’t be pushed out will still be in the best 22. I am also in the camp that believes that B1&B2 coming in will release Siss and Weds to other areas of the ground which will give Sam a lot more to play with when moving the magnets. Please stay Frosty as you are a Hawk through and through
My feelings too. There is room for Frosty in the team next year and Sam sees that way too.

Why would a supporter of a club that’s marginally better than St Kilda in Premierships won in the last 80+ years, hate the most successful club of the last half a century,

I don’t get it. 😂
They were only just as successful as St Kilda until they COLA cheated their way to free academy access to players the rest of the league could only dream of.

Respectfully to all posters saying Frosty won't be best 22 next season - give your head a wobble.

Sam has openly said Frosty is pretty much the first name on the whiteboard, and had agreed the trigger which Sam Frost activated to be extended.

He will stay down back and let others - Weddle, Sicily, Hardwick, Amon - be reallocated as needed against certain sides.

He's been brilliant this year, and I for one, would be amazed if Sammy Mitchell is going to discard him so easily.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

My feelings too. There is room for Frosty in the team next year and Sam sees that way too.

I can't believe how many here are writing him off. Too old, going to retire next year, might as well cash in.

No thanks. Very important. Has improved as we improved. He'll be so valuable next year

Agreed burner1.

Sydney 2nd rounder is basically the same as WestCoast 3rd rounder.

Big difference.
The funny thing I saw suggested on twitter by hawthorn fan was if Frosty was traded to the Saints then we could do so for the compensation pick (assuming it's a 2nd rounder) they get for losing Battle. I'm pretty sure the AFL would have a rule not allowing this to happen but it would be funny as hell if there wasn't.

If you break it down it would essentially be like trading Frost to them for Battle + 2nd rounder 😂

Unlikely.

Caj - you have quoted a posted that would want more than pick 36-40 for a contracted player coming off career best form likely to be offered a multi-year deal. You have quoted a person talking a Frost + a second for a end of first round compo pick. You have quoted one person saying they'd want an early second rounder (who wouldn't). You have then quoted a person who was clearly taking the piss about getting a 1st rounder. None of these people are legitimately stamping their feet saying that Sydney are going to deal us a first round pick. Clearly based on your post to likes ratio nobody likes you on your own board so I get why you are seeking validation elsewhere - but before the threadban arrives can I suggest that you kindly **** off you insufferable campaigner?
Beautifully said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis and Mitchell were contracted and I believe went 1st and 3rd in the bnf and got traded for 88 and 66
But the motivation was the club moving them on not the players. Lewis thought he was going to be given the captaincy when called in for a meeting only to be told look elsewhere. I’m surprised Lewy is still a fan of the club.

Lewis and Mitchell were contracted and I believe went 1st and 3rd in the bnf and got traded for 88 and 66
But more importantly they got traded for a pick that netted Mitch Lewis.

Frost. Dustin Fletcher without the kick. He could have 5 years ahead of him 😂

It's mostly objective in these parts, but people are probably more defensive with Chol considering all the crap he has copped, particularly in this recent finals series.

At the ground in Adelaide he was copping abuse and jeering from our own supporters every time he went near the ball. Similarly a quick scan of some of the Hawks facebook groups shows some really disgusting stuff about a guy who was our leading goal kicker this year.

I get that he's got areas of his game to work on, but Moore had a worse finals series and hasn't copped 1% of the crap that Chol has.
Any Hawks supporter abusing our players obviously has the same IQ as the crud you scrape off the bottom of your shoes. Should be given a Dons membership and shipped off to the Soylent Green factory

They were only just as successful as St Kilda until they COLA cheated their way to free academy access to players the rest of the league could only dream of.

3 of their best 4players came from the academy. And their captain.

When you are used to privilege, equality can seem like oppression. Thats where Pridham and the Swans supporter base are now', playing victim all the time. There is not a more entitled lot in the afl.

Working on other clubs standards if the swans want to give frost three years they can pay up as he is contracted.

Swans hunted frost while he is contracted and offering 3 years? Yeah pay up late first. Pick 19 ty

We don't do that but if we were to get him from another club it would be a 2nd round pick with something going back the other way like a future 3rd or 4rd, but we will give him away for a packet of chips.

We are to nice sometimes, hopefully we play hard ball if swans want him it's a 2nd rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back