Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Calsher got some deodorant with a card featuring Bailey Smith on it, Baz to Hawks locked in. Don’t think they have each others MySpace though.

We don't do that but if we were to get him from another club it would be a 2nd round pick with something going back the other way like a future 3rd or 4rd, but we will give him away for a packet of chips.

We are to nice sometimes, hopefully we play hard ball if swans want him it's a 2nd rounder.
New regime mate. If he does ask to leave let's see how it plays out. Some already did float the idea of Frost + 2nd for another teams 1st rounder.

Calsher got some deodorant with a card featuring Bailey Smith on it, Baz to Hawks locked in. Don’t think they have each others MySpace though.
I wish it was locked in.
Bailey just waiting for Geelong to exit in the finals, and then he will nominate them

We don't do that but if we were to get him from another club it would be a 2nd round pick with something going back the other way like a future 3rd or 4rd, but we will give him away for a packet of chips.

We are to nice sometimes, hopefully we play hard ball if swans want him it's a 2nd rounder.

It’s time we play ball a little more. Happy to assist the player, just need fair compensation based on the going rates. Ty

It’s time we play ball a little more. Happy to assist the player, just need fair compensation based on the going rates. Ty

It will be interesting what we get, if he says I want to be traded to swans.

Every reporter is saying Barrass is worth 2 first rounders for a key back that is a Premiership player, so surely a key back who is a couple of years older should be worth at least one 2nd rounder.

It will be interesting what we get, if he says I want to be traded to swans.

Every reporter is saying Barrass is worth 2 first rounders for a key back that is a Premiership player, so surely a key back who is a couple of years older should be worth at least one 2nd rounder.

Pick 19 will be pushed back a lot after compo, so would be fair If Frosty decided to leave and we agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure Barrass is an upgrade on Frost for our team, Frost is the only out and out defend first player we have in the back six, the rest like to peel off and play a more attacking style, this is also how Barrass prefers to play.

We must keep Frost, he’s as important as any if we are to give the flag a shake next year

absolutely no chance we would get that.

Reality is, if Frost leaves, we won’t get much. He’s worth more to us than we are likely to receive. Keep him

Why won't we if they want him they will, a lot said we wouldn't get anything for Lewis also, if a club came for him, some people massively under rate our players, if they lose the prem final they could offer that to just fill a hole to win a flag like we are with Barrass.

They why are we rumoured to be paying 2 firsts for Barrass, is this because clubs see us coming then.

I’m not sure Barrass is an upgrade on Frost for our team, Frost is the only out and out defend first player we have in the back six, the rest like to peel off and play a more attacking style, this is also how Barrass prefers to play.

We must keep Frost, he’s as important as any if we are to give the flag a shake next year

Sam Frost, while he has been great this year, is 12 months removed from everyone in here calling for Blanck over him

Tom Barrass is at the very least an All Australian squad member (2022) and a club Best and Fairest winner

While he is a great intercept marker he isnt a peel off and attack player

Again Frost has been amazing but Barrass will be an upgrade at FB...however, there is a place for both in the same side

Why won't we if they want him they will, a lot said we wouldn't get anything for Lewis also, if a club came for him, some people massively under rate our players, if they lose the prem final they could offer that to just fill a hole to win a flag like we are with Barrass.

They why are we rumoured to be paying 2 firsts for Barrass, is this because clubs see us coming then.
people in here love to say geez people under rate our players but the flip side is a lot of the people saying that over rate our guys too

It isnt just Hawthorn supporters, every fan overrates their players. The people that are being called out for "underrating" are more often than not closer to the pin on what a trade eventuates at because they are realists.

No one is saying Frost is a bad player but the last time people were saying our players were being undervalued in here Hawthorn got picks 41 and 50 for Tom Mitchell.

This whole Frost compared to Barrass cost comparison has a ton of variables in it too.

1 Barrass is a BnF winner
2 Barrass has made an AA squad
3 Barrass is two years younger
4 Hawthorn has offered higher money and longer term than his current deal

Barrass has been seen as one of the best key defenders in the competition for the best part of 5 years, Sam Frost, while important this season, prior to it frustrated fans at three different clubs with a run and carry game style the media dubbed "Frostball"

I am not saying Frost is a bad player or that Hawthorn should move him on, actually I would like him to stay and play with Barrass and Battle but comparing the two players purely because the play the same position is like comparing Apples and Oranges

people in here love to say geez people under rate our players but the flip side is a lot of the people saying that over rate our guys too

It isnt just Hawthorn supporters, every fan overrates their players. The people that are being called out for "underrating" are more often than not closer to the pin on what a trade eventuates at because they are realists.

No one is saying Frost is a bad player but the last time people were saying our players were being undervalued in here Hawthorn got picks 41 and 50 for Tom Mitchell.

This whole Frost compared to Barrass cost comparison has a ton of variables in it too.

1 Barrass is a BnF winner
2 Barrass has made an AA squad
3 Barrass is two years younger
4 Hawthorn has offered higher money and longer term than his current deal

Barrass has been seen as one of the best key defenders in the competition for the best part of 5 years, Sam Frost, while important this season, prior to it frustrated fans at three different clubs with a run and carry game style the media dubbed "Frostball"

I am not saying Frost is a bad player or that Hawthorn should move him on, actually I would like him to stay and play with Barrass and Battle but comparing the two players purely because the play the same position is like comparing Apples and Oranges
Wouldn't be surprised if Frosty wins our BnF. More realistically though probably a top 3 finish.

Barrass is clearly an upgrade on Frost. There is a reason the List Management Team and Sam want him.

I get that you’d rather keep him than give him away for nothing. He’s probably worth more to you as a back up than a junk pick

At the same time you’ve gone ahead and recruited not one, but two players who will be above him in your defensive pecking order. Do you think he’s in your best 22 now?

All I was saying was 18 or 19 won’t be in the picture and we don’t have a second round.

If you’d like me to multi quote earlier posts a couple of pages back, multiple suggested they’d require a second rounder and one poster suggested he was worth a first round pick.

The latter simply isn’t realistic and if he decides he wants out, what is a 31 year old, non best 22 player worth?

No need for the insults, my post was reasonable
As context we are being told by West Coast that their full back who is only 2 years younger than Frost is worth 2 x first rounders and that our pick 12 isn't enough.

The club has clearly identified two guys for a reason. They are not bringing in two defenders to lose the #1 KPD at the club.

After Blanck was injured, Frost was our #1. The rise off Weddle had Scrimmers training with the KPD in the preseason.

Frost & Scrimmers played 1&2 for most of the season. Punching above their weight and height. Both did a great job!

Weddle was the third mobile defender.
Sicily is the quarter back who intercepted at will in AA form.

The inclusions of Barrass & Battle will hopefully have a flow on affect across the ground. Barrass will push Frost to #2, Scrimmers will take on Sicily role.

Battle inclusion as #3 should get (Weddle) a mobile aerial player across the ground. While also providing another focal point up forward (Sicily).

Chol and Dear did a tremendous job but they are also not the 1&2 ( Lewis Inj)

Ultimately these players could be swapped, our side will have the versatility to challenge if Plan A is taken away from us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back