Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Crows are understood to be aware of his desire to return to South Australia but have left the matter for Melbourne to work through. Port Adelaide are focused on securing free agents and retaining draft picks."

"On Lukosius, the wheels are in motion, with Crows coach Matthew Nicks and senior players travelling to Queensland to meet him."
“left the matter for Melbourne to work through”

Does that infer we’re not interested?

"The Crows are understood to be aware of his desire to return to South Australia but have left the matter for Melbourne to work through. Port Adelaide are focused on securing free agents and retaining draft picks."

"On Lukosius, the wheels are in motion, with Crows coach Matthew Nicks and senior players travelling to Queensland to meet him."
Remember Port are missing their 1st round pick, so they are lacking draft capital (worst in AFL). Currently have picks 32, 56 & 86.

Probably why they are shopping around Houston.

But nothing stopping then from using a future 2nd, but given Tredders comments, they are not getting Luko.

With the way we played on Sunday, these guys should go up to Queensland every week

Geez, ANB would be a big upgrade on Murphy

But yeah, probably end up being 7 + ANB for Houston
That would be crazy by the Dees

Houston isn't worth pick 7, let alone throwing in ANB too

Last edited:
Petracca, Oliver and Neil-Bullen wanting out. There is a cultural issue at the demons. I havent heard reasons other than Goodwin isnt the cultprit. But that could be in the same way Nicks isnt to blame for the Crows sit on the ladder.
Premiership window has closed.

His numbers are a lot better than I thought. You'd take him over Murphy.

We've tried to upgrade Murphy half a dozen times (Rowe, Rachele, Pedlar, Berry, Rankine, Keays) yet he still survives

Not holding out hope for it to happen

We've tried to upgrade Murphy half a dozen times (Rowe, Rachele, Pedlar, Berry, Rankine, Keays) yet he still survives

Not holding out hope for it to happen
We have plenty of clear upgrades... but Nix is a dumbarse!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne are absolutely irrelevant in this competition when they are not sitting in the top 4. Can we cull them from the competition along with North Melbourne?

Melbourne radio reporting ANB wants to be traded to the Crows. I mean take it with a grain of salt but seems like we might get at least one Melbourne player. Might not be the Melbourne player people might have wanted or expected but he might be the one we get. Could free up Rankine and Rachele for more midfield time too

Remember Port are missing their 1st round pick, so they are lacking draft capital (worst in AFL). Currently have picks 32, 56 & 86.

Probably why they are shopping around Houston.

But nothing stopping then from using a future 2nd, but given Tredders comments, they are not getting Luko.
Thats exactly why they are shopping houston..shame its not butters

Melbourne radio reporting ANB wants to be traded to the Crows. I mean take it with a grain of salt but seems like we might get at least one Melbourne player. Might not be the Melbourne player people might have wanted or expected but he might be the one we get. Could free up Rankine and Rachele for more midfield time too
At what cost though?...i would not want to give up anything of value but being contracted we would have to. Hard pass for me unless its a throw away price

Who/which station said that?

At what cost though?...i would not want to give up anything of value but being contracted we would have to. Hard pass for me unless its a throw away price
Depends what you think is ‘of value’

He’s a good role player, you’d give up a mid 2nd probably (Dees one that we own, as it stands currently, a tad too much for my liking)

No way he Houston fetching pick 7 & ANB!

He is basically an elite mid / def player who can attack. He would be highly regarded. Port will regret losing him. I think they will be chasing draft picks more than players. Phillipou may not even be on the table.

If by reports clubs can trade 2 years worth of draft picks now, look for Port to spend up on missing pieces. So it wouldnt surprise me if Port offer a bucket load of futures now for players.

If I am correct
2024 - Port have no draft hand
2025 - Required to participate in the draft in the first two rounds.
2026 - can trade out these draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back