Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 7, last 24th June)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 104 90.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Welcome everyone to the Rumours and Speculation thread.

There is a feature on Bigfooty called "Threadmarks" this thread will use this feature to highlight all proper rumours so that you no longer have to wade through the whole thread to find that juicy gossip.

At the top of the page you can now click on Threadmarks
Screenshot_2023-02-28-21-46-54-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

After clicking on it it'll bring up the most recent rumours titles, click on the rumour to go to that post.
Screenshot_2023-02-28-21-47-23-50_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

You can click on view all Threadmarks to see a list of all the threadmarks and their headings. It'll notify you if you've previously read them or if they are new.

Elliot Yeo million dollar offer from Adelaide New
Elliot Yeo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypothetically, how much do you think we'd need to offer the suns for Moyle and Lukosius?
An unreasonable amount. Lukosious has two more years on his contract, so they'll ask for a minimum of two firsts.

I doubt they'd be willing to give up Moyle either - Witts is 32 this year and Ethan Read is only in his first season. They aren't building for the future, they consider their window wide open, so they'd be coming with extremely high pick demands.

An unreasonable amount. Lukosious has two more years on his contract, so they'll ask for a minimum of two firsts.

I doubt they'd be willing to give up Moyle either - Witts is 32 this year and Ethan Read is only in his first season. They aren't building for the future, they consider their window wide open, so they'd be coming with extremely high pick demands.
Moyle is a free agent is my understanding

Moyle is out of contract.

Luko is interesting - it could be a bit of a salary dump for them, if he makes clear he doesn't want to stay. Maybe a future first? Would that work?

Moyle is out of contract.

Luko is interesting - it could be a bit of a salary dump for them, if he makes clear he doesn't want to stay. Maybe a future first? Would that work?
This kind of scenario might rest on what we can do with players we have. IF, and I have spitballed this one before, Collingwood are keen on Keane and he wants to go, being under contract, the very least we should be able to garner is a decent 2nd rounder - could we bundle up a 2nd with the Melbourne 2nd to get into the back end of the 1st round with a side that needs points? IF that was possible, then GC might move if we could offer them that 1st and our F1 for both players. That still leaves us with our 1st this year for the mid we absolutely need. We would then just need to offload some players for back ended picks to ensure we have the points for Welsh.

But if this played out, we would have done very well (assuming both players actually want to come to us)

Out:
Keane
Melbourne 2nd
F1

In:
Lukosius
Moyle

With tex on the way out, Himmelberg leaving, Burgess and Gollant not being it and Welsh being a first year player? Probably.
I wonder if Hardwick wants to go down a more prime Richmond game plan of 2 key talls and smalls up forward.
Leaves Lukosius surplus to those needs given King and Walter would be ahead of him in GCs eyes.

This kind of scenario might rest on what we can do with players we have. IF, and I have spitballed this one before, Collingwood are keen on Keane and he wants to go, being under contract, the very least we should be able to garner is a decent 2nd rounder - could we bundle up a 2nd with the Melbourne 2nd to get into the back end of the 1st round with a side that needs points? IF that was possible, then GC might move if we could offer them that 1st and our F1 for both players. That still leaves us with our 1st this year for the mid we absolutely need. We would then just need to offload some players for back ended picks to ensure we have the points for Welsh.

But if this played out, we would have done very well (assuming both players actually want to come to us)

Out:
Keane
Melbourne 2nd
F1

In:
Lukosius
Moyle
That would leave us with Murray/Worrell/Butts as our KPD trifecta (which is strong), but Borlase as the only depth player. Though we could always get another one with a low pick. I wouldn't be opposed to that.

I'm not convinced that Gold Coast would want a low first rounder. More likely, they'd want a package deal of seconds and thirds. It all depends on where their academy players fall though, which we won't know for a while.

Back