Autopsy 42 point win(wut) vs Adelaide (Joel kicks 9 OMG!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand all the fears about September, and I'll be there first to say it's a year wasted if we don't win the grand final.
BUT
We should still enjoy the year, I would rather be happy the next 3 months and then be miserable after the grand final, than spend the next 3 months in pre misery mode only to have to deal with post misery mode as well.

It's an incredible season, and I'll enjoy it until the swans give me a reason to cry.

Great summarization exactly how I feel nobody knows how tomorrow will go.

Had a scroll through the Adelaide forum and basically the chat was either:
1. Sack Nicks (honestly they should)
2. Umps gifted the Swans a 42 point win
3. Keane being left on Amartey for 8 goals
4. Swans academy helping them out
5. Who are the Swans (Jones, Murphy, Sholl etc etc) Basically Ladhams Francis Hamling Fox for us imo but they are in the twos whereas Adelaide has them littered in the 1s

I am that drunk that I just duelled with bigfooty's login because they wouldn't accept Waiting on a friend by the rolling stones as a username

OK so it's not the youtube search bar, you don't need to bash me over the head with it!!!

Amartey played the greatest game in the history of sports and Heeney, Rowbottom and Grundy weren't far behind

Horse was very calm about it in the press conference. But he did make the valid point that, while the scoreboard didn't look great tonight or last week, it was primarily a case of the opposition taking all their chances, and of us not doing the same in that early period. Not a case of being blown off the park in terms of the general run of play. Which I think was a very valid point to make.

It is a worry - but I do agree the mentality of this team seems to be that they believe no team can go with them for a complete game, if we play anywhere near our best.

The scary part is I don't think we are playing anywhere near our best, but still routinely beating teams with comfort and ease. As long as we can find that 'button' to take it to the next level at the end of the season in the biggest games - it is going to take an enormous effort from any team to take it to us for a complete game and beat us. Maybe they will - only time will tell.
Yeah well he would say that, wouldn’t he.

I prefer my theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win!

Heeney's game was outstanding, Grundy's just as good!

Warner and Gulden played through some serious attention, but got there in the end. Try to keep in mind they are 23 and 21; Warner cannot play with the explosive brilliance that he generally does, without having bad days... it's not selfish, it's what we pay him for! And Gulden is our delivery guy, and at 21 is sheer brilliance! They were closely checked and took a while to play through it, but neither of them ever game up and played their way into form.

Amarty was brilliant, he continued to play his role, put himself in all the right positions, took most of the contested grabs on offer, and kicked straight! McDonald also played his role, and delivered at least two of those inside 50s to Amartey. Those wanting to send him back to the twos aren't taking into consideration that this team is playing to a plan, where each member has a role, and that it's not playing that role that will get you dropped! The team first ethos makes it difficult for anyone to star week in, week out (although Heeney and Grundy are managing it); and difficult to defend us because clamping one player sets another free. All those writing off Campbell and McDonald (both 22) need to take into account that this is the best team in the comp by a considerable margin at this stage, and these are the players of our future. They will only get better as their games develop.

Another outstanding game by all!

ONWARDS TO VICTORY!!!

The slow start was overstated last night.

At quarter time they had 7 inside 50s for 4.2 while we had 14 inside 50s for 2.3

Our delivery was poor but we were getting the ball. Meanwhile you check their goals and they were pretty epic

We weren't properly taking our chances meanwhile the Crows were taking theirs.

The second half showed how the performance was in my mind

Great win!

Heeney's game was outstanding, Grundy's just as good!

Warner and Gulden played through some serious attention, but got there in the end. Try to keep in mind they are 23 and 21; Warner cannot play with the explosive brilliance that he generally does, without having bad days... it's not selfish, it's what we pay him for! And Gulden is our delivery guy, and at 21 is sheer brilliance! They were closely checked and took a while to play through it, but neither of them ever game up and played their way into form.

Amarty was brilliant, he continued to play his role, put himself in all the right positions, took most of the contested grabs on offer, and kicked straight! McDonald also played his role, and delivered at least two of those inside 50s to Amartey. Those wanting to send him back to the twos aren't taking into consideration that this team is playing to a plan, where each member has a role, and that it's not playing that role that will get you dropped! The team first ethos makes it difficult for anyone to star week in, week out (although Heeney and Grundy are managing it); and difficult to defend us because clamping one player sets another free. All those writing off Campbell and McDonald (both 22) need to take into account that this is the best team in the comp by a considerable margin at this stage, and these are the players of our future. They will only get better as their games develop.

Another outstanding game by all!

ONWARDS TO VICTORY!!!

Good post.

I think on Warner he just pulled his head in a bit at half time. Suspect the coaches reassured him he doesn't have to try and yap and push back so much on the tag, maybe they did just say what you said, mate you are young this is new don't force it, thought he adjusted really well.

Mcdonald I agree and have felt that all year, though in the first half he wasn't competing in the contest at all really.
He then seemed to push further up the ground and got going and it was really good coaching. Even if he hadn't of lifted, you don't drop him for one ordinary game anyway:

Campbell, I just find the use of him a bit odd, Roberts is more suited to that spot. I'd like to see Campbell go midfield a bit at least, give him a chance or even forward , he is on a bit of a hiding to nothing down deep back.

I think Fox Mills returning are the only reason he drops out though .

Your coach brought the game into disrepute last night benching a guy with 9 goals with 3 minutes to go and a big margin, I love that you all conveniently glossed over it too.
Was covered in the game day thread at the time. Also Joel has a history of hamstring injuries. Isn't worth the risk for the season

Was covered in the game day thread at the time. Also Joel has a history of hamstring injuries. Isn't worth the risk for the season

I thought Horse dragged him for not kicking 4 goals in the last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back