Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; inspired by Larkey/Sheez/Jy signing - pay the man

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember reading not long into Martin’s career people saying he would be the best player ever after after Leigh Matthews, and thinking it was ridiculous hyperbole, but he justified it pretty quickly.

That’s just a reflection on timing - that he was rated super high when he was still pretty young. The footy media is still ludicrous, I think they’ve named both N Daicos and H Reid as the best young players ever within about three weeks.
Let's not forget there was one point when Richmond shopped Dustin Martin around and there were no bidders.

Come on bro, no human that's ever lived has won three flags and has been BOG - every one of those games.. our boy hasn't even won a Syd Barker.

If LDU can win two, let alone three NSM's (for our club) I'll mortgage the house and buy every Bigfooty NM supporter a Premiership Club membership.

LDU's a bloody good footballer but he's not in the same stratosphere as DM.
The optimistic side of me is thinking I should PM my address for this future free L2 membership!

Word on the Rye high st is he’s very happy at the club and should be signing on for another 2. At the end of that is the greater danger, but he’s extremely loyal so in all likelihood will stay. The Pies were all over him at Christmas and throwing all sorts of ridiculous things his way. Am lead to believe the only place he would leave for is to follow his 1st coach … 🤔 am confident he’ll stay true

Word on the Rye high st is he’s very happy at the club and should be signing on for another 2. At the end of that is the greater danger, but he’s extremely loyal so in all likelihood will stay. The Pies were all over him at Christmas and throwing all sorts of ridiculous things his way. Am lead to believe the only place he would leave for is to follow his 1st coach … 🤔 am confident he’ll stay true

100%. He's going nowhere. As long as we don't take his loyalty for granted by insulting him with a lowball offer, he will remain a one-club player for his entire career.

100%. He's going nowhere. As long as we don't take his loyalty for granted by insulting him with a lowball offer, he will remain a one-club player for his entire career.
I've never wanted you to be right so much.

I want him to play till he's 50, live till he's 150 yet have teenagers in 2040 wearing LDU t-shirts the way teens did with James Dean 30+ years ago.

Make it happen Luge.

I've never wanted you to be right so much.

I want him to play till he's 50, live till he's 150 yet have teenagers in 2040 wearing LDU t-shirts the way teens did with James Dean 30+ years ago.

Make it happen Luge.
I just want to see him rested due to “illness” prior to his 300th so his adoring fans can worship him at whatever venue we are playing home games at then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he and Powell need to work on their 3rd quarter fade outs. Whether it’s due to dragging the team, it’s also very plausible

at the peak of his powers, sang the song with gusto, pls stay

As good as he is, he is already at this peak and wont be at his best when we get to a final.

So for the club, him leaving next year might be the best option as we will get a top 4 pick for him that could turn into some very decent for our team's needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back