Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Fremantle > 30 pts

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked like Mayne might have touched it but with more than a quarter to go when it happened, there was time enough had we been good enough.
Treloar's and Crisp's disposal was diabolical on the day, Crisp must have come close to turning over every possesion in the second half, unfortunately.
Thought Blakely took another step, Hill and Fyfe with four-quarter efforts and Walters converted when it counted.
Pendlebury, DeGoey and Howe were all good for us.
Good win for Freo, keeps them in finals consideration.

Great win from Freo beating Collingwood in Melbourne. Just goes to show you cant be up and win every week, but still think they are the best side in it.

Disappointing to see some Pies blame the score review that was nowhere near the end of the game, rather than giving credit to Freo

You can't give credit to Freo when two dodgies give them a score.

Same as last week.

But my mob got the rub in Brisbane, and still fell apart after the first quarter.

Bad, but still learning and a couple of newbies Pittonet will be ok. Brisbane just better around the ground.

Well that was unexpected. I only watched the 3rd qtr and a bit of the 4th and expected Collingwood to come back and win it.
Was quite gobsmacked at the score. I thought a spanking of epic proportions by Collingwood was on the cards.
The problem is, every time we win it convinces people at Freo that Lyon can coach, and that's not a good thing as it means he'll be around longer. I don't want that.
Anyway, good job Freo and commiserations Collingwood, must have had one of those days.

So Fremantle once again the umpires save you with twisted free kicks that could go any way and you don't reckon your tinny , what a way to win a game , YEEEES its Fyfe again gets the ump rub, and it just smacks of bulldust every time you people win a game, last week you didn't deserve it and this week the same and Ross Lyon hanging by a thread as coach and you guys again win by 2 free kicks to none, in the moments that it counts to pinch , bloody terrible. Matera couldn't kick straight unless he 5 feet out , and it takes a couple of frees to let you pinch it, if you were convincing then It'd be different ,but you aren't While you score these dodgy free kicks while in attack, your merit goes down the toilet, because you get help, the tinniest club in history,.
The only trad club with no flag, and a long way off from winning one on merit.

But you always got the umps , well last week and this week, tin eventually stops . There is no denying that today , was last week all over again.

And yes I would like you to look convincing one day instead of pulling wins out of your bums like you always seem to do in the last seconds of a game. Umpires the horror of the AFL, and free kicks the nonsense that umpires can use to decide to pay,its an awful look of the game these days. Disputed frees are nearly every thing in all games now , the word "disputed" , you know could be called any which way, where'd you get the rub??? ha ha !

I mean, same thing you guys got help whether intentional or not , free kicks win games, your last two, and these days frees are never black and white!
Try really putting a team away once and for all, today was tin and umpy induced!

When umpires decide games, well baffling but they do 2 in a row win or lose today , DOESN'T MATTER FREMANTLE THE FACT REMAINS UMPIRES WIN IT 2X2 but its not about winning or losing its how tinny teams seem to win , when are you going to belt someone in the east , really belt them and not get free kicks in the final 3 minutes! Especially the way the grey rules work these days , it looks bad!
You got down there enough times so it wasn't as if you weren't doing that , but doubtful calls and your in the pink , couldn't do it in play you had to get the rubby dub dub. Are you are good enough you win by convincingly beating your opponent , you never seem to, but thats the game , would have been nice to see you belt the Magpies the way North belted Richmond, hammer footy, not freo? Couple of freebies gets them home!

Do your best!!!!!!
Is this pasta?

No.

Never hear him get wound up like this over dodgy frees that cost interstate sides.

Not a murmur about the missed mark to Ryan, followed by the Reid flop.
In the 2nd quarter I think Beams made a great snap from the pocket.
King commentating said 'we could talk about the push in the back on Lobb, but lets just admire the skill of Beams'
Not a breath more on the missed Freo free kick.

In the 2nd quarter I think Beams made a great snap from the pocket.
King commentating said 'we could talk about the push in the back on Lobb, but lets just admire the skill of Beams'
Not a breath more on the missed Freo free kick.

Hurleyhepshird and Bicco , both of you, like me, whinge about free kicks this weekend, in these posts About commentators crappy musings, biased calling and explaining bulldust rules and "missed" frees, if you are club members or just fans that follow fully this game, why not write or email your club or the AFL or the BF or the Herald Sun or bloody ROBBO, AND MAKE YOUR FEELINGS KNOWN,
Because that's all I do every week on here, and now I read so many posters and its always about this free or that or what got missed, to the point that it is epidemic now .

I don't know how people experience this every week and say nothing?

Complaints just get ignored and ridden over and some posters don't say boo.
Even when the powers that be WON'T look at it at all.
Like its nothing different or new, , ITS SO DIFFERENT NOW IN THAT AREA OF THE GAME THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED THEN YOU HAVE ONLY WATCHED FOOTY FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS.

The game is now manipulated !

Now our useless CEO has come out over the weekend and defended suspensions on a fan that called umpires names .
Maggot was the insult I believe, what does this blind fool McGlachlan expect fans to say when they continually see the rot that is called as supposedly adjudicating, and the stuff missed , and the stuff that's wrong, but of course I am not stupid some calls fit the circumstance my point has always been about half are just not warranted ...AS A RULE AT ALL .
Why are they even invented? Why change rules at all ????? BUT THEY DID?

Gil would have to suspend me forever if he knew what I called his useless incompetent rule manager, and his destruction by tiggy touchwood basketball foul free kick nonsense that changes the games around sometimes.

I AM A BLABBER MOUTH BUT I WILL BLABBER UNTIL UMPIRES LEARN TO READ THE PSYCHOLOGY OF THE GAME ITSELF AND THE PSYCHOLOGY OF THE PLAYERS AS WELL IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE ?
That is one major problem , is that umps appear to call to the letter of the law

( there is no letter of the law in our game there is common sense observation of what is play and what is offending AT FULL TILT SPEED!
That is gone lost from from umpires and rules committees brains . All they see is their newly invented book ... WHY AFL WHY???)

not to common sense.

Half the frees are " by the written rule " maybe correct, but they aren't fair rules or made up nonsense rules especially when a player has accidental contact or minor contact. I call that "no effect " contact.

As in incidental touching at full pace, in the heat, ball players condemned when they are crushed under neath, as holding the ball or incorrect disposal, the incorrect disposal is maybe OK in some circumstances but when a bloke's whole intention is the ball and he gets there first gets scragged gets swamped and can''t move and then has a free kick against him to some bloke that has just jumped on his back, how the hell Gil McGlachlan is that fair?????????????
Then Dusty gets a mark when his opponent got front space and he PUSHED HIM IN THE BACK!!!!!!!

Richmond kicked two goals in the second quarter that were given to them by blatant wrong calls , a shot on goal after a beautiful hip and shoulder was called a free and late , it was perfect, Richmond kicked a goal from it, then the second instance Dusty pushes his defender in the back PURE CLEAR PUSH IN THE BACK, moved his opponent off his position so it was a free, OH SAYS Margetts hands in the back is OK, what?
But it was called a mark he kicked a goal, blatant as you like and its why I whinge like a pain in the arse, every week , because I see this happen in every game I watch and sometimes it creates a win where it should not.
Like blocking and shepherding , a mistaken call created a premiership for the team who won last year? What is the difference.
All you out there in footy land.....YOU ACTUALLY like that sort of thing?

Any one want to comment , give you something else to do on a Sunday , bet you just have a shot at me because I bring this game ruining up every week.
BY THE WAY MY TEAM GOT THE RUB FROM UMPIRES LAST NIGHT, STILL LOST, no excuse, but I still couldn't understand some of the frees we got , that happens every week too.
So no I won't shut up. But I'd love to see the AFL commission totally re-organised and some people removed from it. Gil first cab off the rank.
Do your best?

I didnt watch this game but let me guess.Nobody thought to man up on Sonny Walters in the last minute.A scrubby rushed forward entry in the last minute wenr straight to him.A dodgy umpiring decission in the third quarter gifted Fremantle a goal.Collingwood had a few chances in the last to put it out of reach for Fremantle but they missed set shots.Dajavu all over again

I just wanted to say how much respect I have for the majority of Collingwood supporters on here who have commented on the game rather than the umpiring and acknowledged that they were outplayed on the day. Any other day the result could have been very different, but that's footy.

Every club has the odd flog supporter, but you guys have shown enormous class in what must be a difficult loss to swallow.

Kudos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit dramatic there mate. Yeah he had a great game but theres still others who have had a better years so far. De goey, BReust, Rohan, Betts have all kicked more goals. Hence me saying hes not AA yet. **** is that so hard to believe? Jesusssss

But they haven’t averaged 21 possessions, including 9.4 contested, and 3.5 clearances to boot!

I just wanted to say how much respect I have for the majority of Collingwood supporters on here who have commented on the game rather than the umpiring and acknowledged that they were outplayed on the day. Any other day the result could have been very different, but that's footy.

Every club has the odd flog supporter, but you guys have shown enormous class in what must be a difficult loss to swallow.

Kudos.

It's rather amusing that Collingwood fans have handled the loss better than the blue n yellas :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2019 Round 11: Collingwood v Fremantle, 1:45pm AEST MCG

Back