Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Swans v Cats Fri June 30th 7:50pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How's the absolute ass licking from BT and Hodge towing the company line as hard as possible? Could they get their tongues any further up the ring of AFL house if they tried?

Thank **** Matthew Richardson is in their to provide a counterpoint otherwise players would be hanged drawn and quartered at the half time broke for a regulation tackle.

Close did nothing wrong.

Beyond over this dangerous tackle bulls**t.
Not often commentary teams are happy to upset the AFL apple cart and openly label something as “farcical” as is becoming the case this year with all these stupid suspensions.

Probably 1/3 at best actually have deserved suspension in 2023. They’ll rub Close out and it’ll be bullshit like the rest have been so far

Campbell should have .... LOWERED HIS EYES .... selfish fella.

Close in trouble unfortunately
Back in the old days - the 1980’s - the umps would have blown the whistle in three milliseconds and paid either ball up or HTB. Half the problem is the umpires today delay a decision and it increases the potential of a dangerous tackle being executed. Wtf was Close supposed to do? Let him go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's the absolute ass licking from BT and Hodge towing the company line as hard as possible? Could they get their tongues any further up the ring of AFL house if they tried?

Thank * Matthew Richardson is in their to provide a counterpoint otherwise players would be hanged drawn and quartered at the half time broke for a regulation tackle.
Richardson is totally wrong in his comments though. He is saying the precedent was last week where the tackle on hipwood was let off because he wasn’t injured. It wasn’t that at all, it was because even though it was a sling his head didn’t hit the ground. Based on previous suspensions this year close gets a game. I don’t like it, but that’s the way it’s going this year.

I dont want to be that guy...
But it sucks how the average supporter is just copping this dangerous tackle BS ...
We all should be standing up for our game.
BUT NO, stay home, get your vax. accept a one week suspension where the player wasnt even remotely injured.
**** off.

Back in the old days - the 1980’s - the umps would have blown the whistle in three milliseconds and paid either ball up or HTB. Half the problem is the umpires today delay a decision and it increases the potential of a dangerous tackle being executed. Wtf was Close supposed to do? Let him go?

If only the umps started rewarding the tackler for only tackling then players would stick to just stopping the player.

Richardson is totally wrong in his comments though. He is saying the precedent was last week where the tackle on hipwood was let off because he wasn’t injured. It wasn’t that at all, it was because even though it was a sling his head didn’t hit the ground. Based on previous suspensions this year close gets a game. I don’t like it, but that’s the way it’s going this year.

His other point about the Butler tackle is relevant though, didn't have both arms pinned and didn't deliberately sling him

I think there's a bit of that. Once Francis didn't use his opportunity to attempt to kick the ball - he had the ball arm free - then it should have been HTB

I think blind Freddy can see that’s the issue with the umpires waiting longer and longer to blow and make a decision leaving the player not many options.

Unfortunately I think in this instance he might be in trouble but it certainly doesn’t help when commentators push agendas one way or the other, that’s where the second part of the issue starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Swans v Cats Fri June 30th 7:50pm AEST (SCG)

Back