Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 12 - Pies v Dogs Fri May 31st 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to hand it to you, probably the worst post I’ve read this year and there’s been some howlers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m trying to work out which part didn’t you like?

The fact that Marvel is technically a Bulldogs home game given they play there more than anything?

The comment that Bontempelli is the only good player at the Bulldogs?

Or is it that the Bulldogs were playing a below standard VFL side and didn’t win convincingly?

I don’t see anything objectively wrong here.

First loss since March 21. That’s one loss in nine. So no need to panic.
Didn’t find it at all in the last quarter.
Some inexperience and a patchwork forward line meant we played 80, not 100 minutes.
Bulldogs deserved it in the end.

Their defence is still very poor. Collingwood had no forward line tonight and still scored freely until the supply was non existent.

Bulldogs ended up overpowering them through midfield and up forward though. If that forward mix can gel (with some to come back) they will be a dangerous unit.
No doubt they need someone to support Jones.

I don't think top 4 is unrealistic if they continue this form, when Libba etc returns. Their defence is 100% better than last year.

I disagree.

Wishy washy team. Will be lucky to make the 8 this year. I think they will lose to both Brisbane and Freo, and Port will destroy them in a few weeks time too.

Some inexperience and a patchwork forward line meant we played 80, not 100 minutes.
Who do you play next week? Lose that one and you'll be behind the pack contesting for top 4.

Absolutely no need to panic.

Long season. Pies are still a huge chance. I’d back them against just about eveeyone else in the 8 at the MCG and it’ll matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. A few better this season.

Heeney, Naicos just to name a few.

Bont plays in a lesser team and is able to single handedly win games for the Dogs.

Heeney and Naicos can't do that. Naicos becomes invisible when the Pies have stinkers.

I disagree.

Wishy washy team. Will be lucky to make the 8 this year. I think they will lose to both Brisbane and Freo, and Port will destroy them in a few weeks time too.
I did call them pretenders earlier in the gameday thread so maybe I am changing my tune too soon...but I just think they're playing below potential. They're a coach away and a key defender from being a real contender.

I’m trying to work out which part didn’t you like?

The fact that Marvel is technically a Bulldogs home game given they play there more than anything?

The comment that Bontempelli is the only good player at the Bulldogs?

Or is it that the Bulldogs were playing a below standard VFL side and didn’t win convincingly?

I don’t see anything objectively wrong here.
15 games at the G not enough?

Bont plays in a lesser team and is able to single handedly win games for the Dogs.

Heeney and Naicos can't do that. Naicos becomes invisible when the Pies have stinkers.

He’s in the same position that Lachie Neale is. Huge possession getter who gets votes because the rest of the team is below standard. It is nothing special.

Heeney and Naicos play for teams with many good players. A very different situation.

Funny how Pies supporters scoffed at Carlton missing a dozen players a few weeks back. It’s all about system…
Now it does seem to suddenly matter.
Treloar was great.
BigFooty is a funny place sometimes.

Daicos is amazing (and I think Josh D is pretty underrated, he’s incredibly good too), and maybe I’m biased but that last quarter from the Bont showed why he’s the best player in the comp.

The Sydney mids are going well too, we saw what Warner could do first hand last week. But they need to do it for a while yet.

Today was concerning as it took that effort to get over what was half a VFL team, but there’s no doubt where the three votes go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 12 - Pies v Dogs Fri May 31st 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Back