Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - Tigers v Blues Sun June 30th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m open to trade him. He’s all icing and no cake
hmmm, let's not throw away a top 20 player in the league (cream on top as you say).

those elastic band legs are what give so many highlights, just need to teach him to stiffen them when going for set shots, not sure why he is perennially falling over in static situations.

hmmm, let's not throw away a top 20 player in the league (cream on top as you say).

those elastic band legs are what give so many highlights, just need to teach him to stiffen them when going for set shots, not sure why he is perennially falling over in static situations.
We shouldn’t need to keep teaching him he’s 26 this year by the time our young brigade come into their prime and we stand contending again he’ll be 30+ and will lose his currency.

I’d rather take a punt on 2 first round picks than keep Bolton for 4 years left of his prime rotting away in a bottom 4 side.

It would be better for him too to go to a side that’s contending to win a flag, would give them a massive edge as he is an icing type X factor player.

We were decent for a while but Blues were always going go break it open at some point. They look top shelf this year.

We couldn't slow the bleeding when we needed to, but I thought our KPPs were pretty decent across the ground, especially keeping Curnow and Mackay relatively dry, we got smashed by the midfielders and small though.

We were decent for a while but Blues were always going go break it open at some point. They look top shelf this year.

We couldn't slow the bleeding when we needed to, but I thought our KPPs were pretty decent across the ground, especially keeping Curnow and Mackay relatively dry, we got smashed by the midfielders and small though.

Blight is a very good addition, looked comfortable at the level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time I see Blight, I think of this character:
CloneDr_Blight_%281%29.png

Carlton did what I expected them to do to be honest the most I got out of today were how good the 2 mid season draft picks Richmond got are... the key forward in the reserves today had a blinder then Blight playing like a veteran nearly today was super impressed.

Carlton did what I expected them to do to be honest the most I got out of today were how good the 2 mid season draft picks Richmond got are... the key forward in the reserves today had a blinder then Blight playing like a veteran nearly today was super impressed.
it was a better day to be a KPD than KPF with the rain but even with that qulaifier Blight had an assured debut, looked like a 50 game defender and has an AFL ready body too. Great pickup for the tigers.

The KPDs did very well against the talls. It was the smalls that primarily hit the scoreboard but good signs for the tigers.

Can people not read, **** me. They have to blow the whistle. The quarter ends when the Umpire hears the siren and brings play to an end by blowing a whistle and holding both arms above their head.

Seriously our schooling system can not be so shit that people are failing to comprehend a rather basic writing of a rule. You would all be correct in your comprehension but is is the phrase "Bring play to an end" that means that there is a scenario where all the umpires hear the siren and keep play live for 1 minute after it.

Hell here is ChatGPT interpreting the rule as well

Certainly! Here’s an interpretation of the rule:

1. End of Quarter Trigger: The quarter officially ends when a field Umpire or an emergency Umpire hears the siren that the Timekeepers sound to signal the end of the quarter.

2. Umpire's Acknowledgment: Upon hearing the siren, the field Umpire must acknowledge it.

3. Bringing Play to an End: The field Umpire then stops the game by blowing a whistle and raising both arms above their head.

In essence, the end of the quarter is marked by the Umpire's acknowledgment and physical signal after hearing the siren.
You can't comprehend. You added the 'and' above in the first paragraph. It's not a combination of the two.
All the whistle and arms are doing, is letting everyone else know that play has ended. The actual end of play is when the ump hears the siren. There's no wriggle room in interpretation.

1719801616577.png

Back