Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Blues v North Sun July 21st 4:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goalo or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

"The game has never been in a better state"

šŸ¤£

Almost unwatchable. And Iā€™m fully aware we got a good run.

As a spectator every contest is a cringe because you have no idea what free is going to be paid.

As a player you can tell they are just second guessing everything they do if the ball is mildly in dispute.

Even the commentators were just laughing, not even bothering to critique or analyse, just genuinely taking the piss.

Itā€™s just a shitshow right now

You can disagree all you like, itā€™s my opinion and youā€™re welcome to your own.
I seriously doubt you hold this opinion if we are 14th on the ladder with a win not affecting your own teams ladder position.

You can disagree all you like , its my opinion and you are welcome to your own.

They were different circumstances.
I'm assuming that was the Curnow one where he had no prior and made a genuine attempt to kick. Pretty standard play on call that happens 100 times a game. Don't get fooled by the carry on from the commentators who never know the rules.
The North one (think it was LDU?) also had no prior, but it ended with a throw. It's not the same as a genuine attempt because it ended with a one handed disposal with an upward throwing motion.

I get that it looks bad, but they ARE different under the rules.

Rubbish. Those are paid HTB 99 times out of 100. Watch our games. Our defenders get pinged constantly for that. Freo had 5 F50 HTB calls against us last week.

Pies got 2 yesterday.

Mate, itā€™s pretty clearly only Carlton supporters who canā€™t see the cheating effort in that couple of minutes patch, read the thread.

What? I havenā€™t said anything about another 5 home games and have no idea what youā€™re talking about.
'Read the thread'...
Yes, a Carlton BF thread is always a good indicator of unbiased neutral opinions.
The vast majority of neutral BF fans who didn't see anything wrong with that umpiring (maybe some bad calls both ways over the course of the game) wouldn't even care or bother to post in here.

They were different circumstances.
I'm assuming that was the Curnow one where he had no prior and made a genuine attempt to kick. Pretty standard play on call that happens 100 times a game. Don't get fooled by the carry on from the commentators who never know the rules.
The North one (think it was LDU?) also had no prior, but it ended with a throw. It's not the same as a genuine attempt because it ended with a one handed disposal with an upward throwing motion.

I get that it looks bad, but they ARE different under the rules.
200.gif

Thereā€™s clearly an agenda, a game Carlton should be winning is getting close (granted itā€™s due to the very accurate kicking of North, would love to see expected scores). A couple minute patch of free kicks to the Blues sorted it right out and put it beyond doubt.

As a neutral watcher, it destroyed a great game of footy. Umps wanted their time in the spotlight and they got it.
So, it's the umpires who are cheating? That's a pretty unsavoury accusation to make.

As bad and as inconsistent at the umpiring can be, calling it cheating is a next level accusation.

FWIW, re the umpiring, I'll take the "good" games as I know that the next game where we don't get the rub of the green is just around the corner.

By the way, I wasn't surprised the direction the game took. North are improving and we are inconsistent (to be kind), so I fully expected them to take it up to us. Which they did. But it is not unusual in games like this for the lower placed side's resistance to falter later in the game after an impressive early effort.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you need any indication of how badly some people want to see Carlton fail, all you need to do is see how slow this thread was during the game, when either North were in front, or it was close, then how many 'neutral' posters flooded the thread in the 4th when Blues got on top.

Another good indicator of how people view umpiring, is North supporters saying that the game was umpired well at halftime, then calling it rigged by the end.

Thatā€™s unrealistic but Motlop wasnā€™t šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Motlop's was. It was a terrible miss.
I've noticed that they just don't call certain things anymore; unrealistic attempt, kicking in danger, pushes in the back in F50 or D50. Then they pull random ones out of nowhere that make you say 'oh, that rule does exist'.

So, it's the umpires who are cheating? That's a pretty unsavoury accusation to make.

As bad and as inconsistent at the umpiring can be, calling it cheating is a next level accusation.

FWIW, re the umpiring, I'll take the "good" games as I know that the next game where we don't get the rub of the green is just around the corner.

I wasn't surprised the direction the game took. North are improving and we are inconsistent (to be kind), so I fully expected them to take it up to us. Which they did. But it is not unusual in games like this for the lower placed side's resistance to falter later in the game after an impressive early effort.
Clearly must of missed his own teams win earlier today as well. The biased posting is just total Rose colored glasses crap.

Like i said if we were 14th on the ladder Lions fans are not even watching this game let alone claiming the league are blatant cheats and posting on here in disgust like a child scorned.

Never seen a team attempt to cheat as much as this North side with all of their holding and off the ball crap. And yet their fragile supporter base loses it when a couple of decisions donā€™t go their way.

You should all try out this thing called viewing the game through both of your eyes.
The amount of holding happening on Charlie and Harry that dont get paid is astronomical

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Blues v North Sun July 21st 4:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Back