Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Blues v North Sun July 21st 4:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goalo or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No your supporters are genuinely a bunch of turnips.

The booing at half time was at all time simpleton levels.

I’ve never seen a bunch of supporters so incensed at that umpiring when they actually led the free kick count.

It was so stupid that it was actually comical.

As I said they are either really simple or have become so conditioned to thinking they deserve a free kick every 10 seconds that they boo when it doesn’t happen.

Stupid or entitled, you choose?
I feel sorry for you. I hope you get better soon.

I feel sorry for you. I hope you get better soon.
LOL!

I feel sorry for your supporter base.

If that umpiring performance was worth rabid booing, then I would hate to see what happens when they actually do shaft you?

The media must all be card carrying Carlton haters? I see in Voss’ presser there was no mention of umpiring decisions, but they did ask Clarkson for his thoughts on the umpiring.

Maybe in Carlton’s membership pack next year they could issue a small window for your supporters to lick during the game? ;)

It was truly bizarre behaviour and can only be described as simple, uneducated or entitled?

Deer Popcorn GIF

As if anyone in the Carlton coaching panel is going to criticise the umpires.

It would be biting the hand that feeds you.
Why do you keep saying conspiracy?

Feeling a bit of guilt about the constant helping hand the Blues receive?

I never mentioned conspiracy, all I have said is that it was holding the ball every day of the week. He took three steps, well maybe two and a half as the tackle is executed as he is taking the third.

the funny thing is that there were worse calls than that the Carlton were on the right end of.

The Motlop free kick in front of goal in the second when no one actually touches him, the 50 and Motlop again putting his hands on McDonalds shoulders and not getting anywhere near the ball, then Larket gets taken high in North’s F5O nothing to see.

It’s amazing how many really shit decisions that a drunk bloke at a pub could get right seem to fall in Carlton’s favour.
The top quote pretty much implies a conspiracy. You can be as obtuse as you like, but we all know what you mean.

Happy to revisit the Motlop one later, as I don't recall it, so would have to find it. Based on most of the other 'bad' calls, I'm sure it was there. The unrealistic attempt one was a bad miss, but it ignores all the misses the other way, like the Xerri and Ford HTB calls, the Curnow 'missed' HTB that was actually a high tackle and others that I can't recall off the top of my head.

The top quote pretty much implies a conspiracy. You can be as obtuse as you like, but we all know what you mean.

Happy to revisit the Motlop one later, as I don't recall it, so would have to find it. Based on most of the other 'bad' calls, I'm sure it was there. The unrealistic attempt one was a bad miss, but it ignores all the misses the other way, like the Xerri and Ford HTB calls, the Curnow 'missed' HTB that was actually a high tackle and others that I can't recall off the top of my head.
Sounds like you guys were fisted! LOL

Typical Carlton supporter. Yeah it was a dogshit call but that’s ok because we should have got 100 more free kicks LOL

You just proved my point perfectly about your supporter base.

You sound like one of the entitled ones. Not like those other sheep booing their hearts out at nothing.

Although, I'll make one last attempt to explain why a run-down tackle that results in an attempted kick becoming an incorrect disposal is almost always paid HTB. If a player has got themselves into a position where they are in the process of kicking BEFORE the tackle is applied, they have got themselves into a position where they can dispose of the ball and must be considered sufficiently "balanced and steady".

Dear dumb Bigfooty posters - North lost because they turned the ball over some 20% more than the Blues and Blues are good at scoring from turn over.

Git Gud at knowing football.
I can understand Freo supporters bitching, but why are there an inordinate amount of Brisbane supporters complaining about it?

You bringing up a discussion from 6 years ago?

Yeah we sucked then and no Carlton supporter will argue otherwise. Hence we know what it is like to be at the wrong end of the ladder for extended periods of time. We also didnt have the luxury of numerous handouts and the best coach in the league being gift wrapped for us either. One could seriously argue our coaching appointments in the last 2 decades have been nothing short of disastrous for us.

Jury is still out on Voss IMO even though we made a prelim last season and were 5 goals up on the Lions early in that game. Rest is history but i am not convinced at all.
Still waiting for you to acknowledge Carlton in fact DID receive numerous handouts from the AFL. Arguably the most of any club in history.

Still waiting for you to acknowledge Carlton in fact DID receive numerous handouts from the AFL. Arguably the most of any club in history.
Are you talking about priority picks? Because back then it was an AFL rule that a club that hadn't won a certain number of games over a set period would automatically get given a priority pick. It wasn't until 2012 that that system was scrapped and it became up to "AFL discretion".

Sounds like you guys were fisted! LOL

Typical Carlton supporter. Yeah it was a dogshit call but that’s ok because we should have got 100 more free kicks LOL

You just proved my point perfectly about your supporter base.

You sound like one of the entitled ones. Not like those other sheep booing their hearts out at nothing.
Hope you're feeling better today.
Epic melt though. Still not a free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually quite sad to see a number of North supporters here concentrating on victimhood, ie complaining about the opposition and the umpires, rather than being publicly prepared to acknowledge the excellent performance of their own side.

It's actually quite sad to see a number of North supporters here concentrating on victimhood, ie complaining about the opposition and the umpires, rather than being publicly prepared to acknowledge the excellent performance of their own side.
Fair.
I was definitely shitted off about some of the calls yesterday (still am) but that’s completely out of our control. No doubt there were bad calls the other way, I even called them out in our game day thread, so it is what it is.

We were in that game up to our eyeballs, gifted you blokes a couple goals from bad turnovers. Allowed a 5 goal run on in the third, but I thought we steadied the ship well and got back into the game. Sydney game aside we’ve been doing that well since the bye…
I take a lot out of that game, but **** we need to start winning some of these games. I’m so tired of “the young Roos fought bravely and were competitive for most of the game” type lines.

Are you talking about priority picks? Because back then it was an AFL rule that a club that hadn't won a certain number of games over a set period would automatically get given a priority pick. It wasn't until 2012 that that system was scrapped and it became up to "AFL discretion".
I know that. But to say Carlton haven't received handouts from the AFL is completely false.

North fans: Carlton are clearly benefiting from systematic cheating by umpires

Also North fans: Thank you for our unprecedented allotment of priority picks

For those playing at home...

Motlop non-unrealistic attempt - terrible call. 100% an unrealistic attempt.

Fisher HTB - had prior by taking multiple steps, even tried an evasive maneuver and had it knocked out in the tackle. Correct call. The tackle was only a short one, but in the below pic, he has both hands grabbing his waist, then he lets go with one hand when he notices the ball loose and tries to gain possession.
1721611139784.png

Curnow non-HTB - was actually high contact.
1721611218039.png

Larkey non-high contact - he lowers his head and drives into TDK, then lifts his head up under his arm and throws his head back to accentuate contact in a weird way. Had he not put so much mayo on it, he might have got the free.
1721611502546.png 1721611532502.png

Xerri non-HTB - keeps his arms up in the first tackle, has a fresh air swing at a handball, maintains possession, then gets caught in the second tackle by two players. Maintaining possession from the first tackle constitutes prior. Second tackle means HTB.
1721612292123.png 1721612334410.png

The LDU HTB - one arm free with no prior, which means you have to make a genuine attempt to dispose legally. He should've tried to drop it on his foot. His attempt at a one armed handball was just a throw. The ball left his hand with only an upward throwing motion.
1721613615697.png 1721613663859.png

The resulting 50m penalty - the whistle blew twice before he handballed it. Might be tough, but you can't use the crowd as an excuse for not hearing the whistle.

Sheezel goal with 10mins left in the 4th came from a throw pass.

Ford missed HTB - not much to say. Plenty of prior. Fist comes up from below, but ball travels in different direction...

Kennedy non-HTB - he picks up the ball and takes 1 step before going straight into his kicking motion. Anybody saying that he takes multiple steps is either confusing his legs with Weitering's, or counting steps from when he was bending down to pick the ball up and doesn't actually have possession. No prior, genuine attempt = play on is the correct call.

It's been fun guys, but onto next week.

I know that. But to say Carlton haven't received handouts from the AFL is completely false.
We received priority picks during a time when there was a completely even opportunity for all teams to receive one as it was based on an objective measure (i.e. wins). Since 2012, it is no longer objective and the AFL just give them out based on their "discretion". The old system need changing to not promote tanking but this new system lacks transparency and fairness imo.

For those playing at home...

Motlop non-unrealistic attempt - terrible call. 100% an unrealistic attempt.

Fisher HTB - had prior by taking multiple steps, even tried an evasive maneuver and had it knocked out in the tackle. Correct call. The tackle was only a short one, but in the below pic, he has both hands grabbing his waist, then he lets go with one hand when he notices the ball loose and tries to gain possession.
View attachment 2055346

Curnow non-HTB - was actually high contact.
View attachment 2055347

Larkey non-high contact - he lowers his head and drives into TDK, then lifts his head up under his arm and throws his head back to accentuate contact in a weird way. Had he not put so much mayo on it, he might have got the free.
View attachment 2055351View attachment 2055352

Xerri non-HTB - keeps his arms up in the first tackle, has a fresh air swing at a handball, maintains possession, then gets caught in the second tackle by two players. Maintaining possession from the first tackle constitutes prior. Second tackle means HTB.
View attachment 2055375View attachment 2055376

The LDU HTB - one arm free with no prior, which means you have to make a genuine attempt to dispose legally. He should've tried to drop it on his foot. His attempt at a one armed handball was just a throw. The ball left his hand with only an upward throwing motion.
View attachment 2055412View attachment 2055416

The resulting 50m penalty - the whistle blew twice before he handballed it. Might be tough, but you can't use the crowd as an excuse for not hearing the whistle.

Sheezel goal with 10mins left in the 4th came from a throw pass.

Ford missed HTB - not much to say. Plenty of prior. Fist comes up from below, but ball travels in different direction...

Kennedy non-HTB - he picks up the ball and takes 1 step before going straight into his kicking motion. Anybody saying that he takes multiple steps is either confusing his legs with Weitering's, or counting steps from when he was bending down to pick the ball up and doesn't actually have possession. No prior, genuine attempt = play on is the correct call.

It's been fun guys, but onto next week.

There were probably another 10 more both ways on top of this lot that were highly questionable or flat out wrong calls/non-calls. Was just a poorly umpired game overall as most are nowadays.

There were probably another 10 more both ways on top of this lot that were highly questionable or flat out wrong calls/non-calls. Was just a poorly umpired game overall as most are nowadays.
Pretty much sums it up. Umpiring is the worst it’s ever been, but it’s only natural for a teams supporters to feel like they’ve gotten the rough end of it while completely ignoring the calls missed or paid the other way that the oppo supporters are upset about lol.

We received priority picks during a time when there was a completely even opportunity for all teams to receive one as it was based on an objective measure (i.e. wins). Since 2012, it is no longer objective and the AFL just give them out based on their "discretion". The old system need changing to not promote tanking but this new system lacks transparency and fairness imo.
Still got a leg up. You need to be way shitter for longer now to get them. It's so much unfair now. Back then, you only needed to win less than 4 games a season to get start of draft priority picks. But Carlton still sucked so many the system didn't work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Blues v North Sun July 21st 4:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Back