Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That non 50 at the end could have gone either way, can't really blame that.

But after the Cox deliberate on the wing the Swans player picked up the ball and played on from out of bounds forward of the mark before coming into the field of play. I thought you could only do that from behind the mark. That lead to a goal too I think? Swans got pinged earlier in the quarter for the same thing on the other wing and they called it out of bounds and threw it in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever, mate. Umpiring is diabolical across the board most weeks. Hardly surprising, when the game is basically codified chaos. I really don’t know what the answer is, short of completely changing the game.

Maybe we got lucky tonight. I wouldn’t know. I was at the game and I saw a few very dubious frees given to your guys. Swings and roundabouts.

We definitely got lucky but tonight was another close game effected by baffling decisions.

Simon Pegg Swan GIF by Working Title

18-4 free kick count at one point with a lot of absolutely horrendous calls...but no impact on the result....
I've always thought that either all the planets aligned and gifted the dogs a flag or the AFL made it so including the pre finals bye brought in which allowed the dogs to get back 4 stars including bont from injury.

The most manufactured premiership in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Back