Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Freo v Blues Sat April 6th 4:20pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tehcnically the umpire got it right:

16.4.2 ‘All Clear’ Given But Play Has Not Recommenced
(a) Where a Free Kick is awarded to a Player during the period when the field Umpire
has signalled ‘All Clear’ for a Goal to be recorded and the football is bounced in the
Centre Circle, the Free Kick shall be taken where the infringement occurred, or at
the Centre Circle, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending Team.

But still, what a weak as piss maggot.

Not touched. Aish hair moved in the wind is about it
Even if it was when does that ever get called?. I rekon that happens alot in games. Quick kicks out of a pack that gets touched on the way to a mark. They never call it so why would they at that stage of the game?. Dumb shit arguing from Freo that cost them the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we suck on our own merits. Can you guys trying winning on them for once in a *ing while?

I get the dissent rule but do you really want a game potentially being decided over that?

Also not thst it makes a difference, but the dissent being paid where it happened is a farce. Surely it should go back to the middle.

Short answer is no, if course not. It also makes for a weirdly hollow win. Hit the front with a fantastic comeback and get denied the chance to complete it by defending for 40.seconds. now all the attention shifts to the double goal and not the actual result (which 90% probably stays the same)

That said, I don't think we have seen what the free kick was paid for? There has to be a line somewhere - admittedly.a hefty threshold in the dying seconds of a close game, but i guess we will hear more on that...

Hard to hate Cottrell.

He reminds me of Mitch Robinson, a ranga with a head like a robber's dog but he is hard at it and gets the best out of his limited footy ability

Surely you have to review a ****ing goal before you can pay another free kick and count the previous goal.

How many times are these umps gonna bend over backwards to give Carlton the win ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Freo v Blues Sat April 6th 4:20pm AEDT (AO)

Back