Preview Bulldogs vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Could someone please provide a guy in Perth with no VFL access a bit of a run down as to what sort of role Lipinski plays in the 2's and how it would translate into the 1's? :$

Versatile medium forward at this stage bro. Great hands, super smart and excellent skills. Tackles well too.

He really looks an absolute beauty. Think he's got some growing to do as well.

He'd be filling in for Dickson at this stage if he gets a game for mine.

Versatile medium forward at this stage bro. Great hands, super smart and excellent skills. Tackles well too.

He really looks an absolute beauty. Think he's got some growing to do as well.

He'd be filling in for Dickson at this stage if he gets a game for mine.
Thanks bro. Sounds good to me :thumbsu:

Reckon Bev has been busting for a chance to go in without a ruck at all to see how it pans out with an extra midfielder. Maybe this will be his chance!

The fact that Bev mentioned to the press that we might see a team go in with no recognized ruckman assures me that we have absolutely no intention of doing that. Bevo isn't the kind of cat to leak his own tactics before implementing them...

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing at least one debutant just to give the team a spark, it's felt very workmanlike this year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would as well. But I am also strongly the type that believes one good or bad game doesn't make form. That's why I scoff at people here who were like drop this player after his first game of the season because he was poor. Even Brownlow medalists have poor games through the year. I still think Lipinski and Greene need to back it up before they get a debut

Can see Williams come in for Cloke this week. And potentially hang around longer if M. Boyd struggles in the coming weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Bev mentioned to the press that we might see a team go in with no recognized ruckman assures me that we have absolutely no intention of doing that. Bevo isn't the kind of cat to leak his own tactics before implementing them...

Exactly, especially because we all saw how badly that went for us when we did that in round 1.

I have to go back and watch the game but mclean looked like a passenger for most of the game
Wow, what game were you watching? That was one of the best games McLean has played for the club. Beveridge will let Caleb Daniel and Biggs play VFL for at least another two weeks to shake them up. Tom Boyd should be ok, so just one change for Cloke. Wouldnt be surprised if Bev lets Lipinski or English debut in a game like this.

With cloke out I reckon Murphy plays forward and Williams comes in.

When Bevo drops a player it's a minimum 2 week spell meaning not Biggs. Would not surprise if it's Lipinski if not Williams

It's awkward ( but same for all VIC teams) that at Round FIVE , some players have ONE VFL game under their belts ( I can't count VFL praccies or JLT as serious match conditioning) so calling for multiple changes with scarce VFL form lines is living in hope rather than reality.
We need to fix this having the VFL start so late compared to the AFL. I get all the stuff about less teams etc but just have them play each other three times if that's what it takes. Do we really care if this makes the VFL draw uneven we live with it in the AFL so why not the VFL.

I think its stupid we cant have our reserve grade comp in synch with the seniors.

I don't think we'd be carrying him in regardless and personally I think the wins are more important at this stage. I think we are a better chance to win with him playing, so he plays if I'm picking the side.

Sentimentality works when the time is right. If we were out of finals contention last year, Will would have been given a chance to farewell. He wasn't for obvious reasons.
Yes but dont tell the Perth journalist about Will!

Definitely going smaller this week with Cloke out. Expect Boyd to play and Cordy to move to CHF.

Out: Cloke
In: Could be bloody any one of Biggs/Daniel/Lipinski/Williams/Webb

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Bulldogs vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back